Joints popping anyone? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Joints popping anyone? Joints popping anyone?

Unread 01-12-2008, 06:40 PM
Joints popping anyone?

Has anyone experienced this, i.e., their joints popping? My knees have always popped, as long as I can remember but now they pop more than ever. Not only that but everything else pops! Elbows, shoulders, ankles. I am now 3 1/2 months post op and this started about 3-4 weeks after my hyst. Sometimes I feel joint stiffness and / or pain. I am not on hrt but take good vitamins and calcium/magnesium and just started with glucosamine / chondroitin (hope it helps). But just wanted to know if I'm not alone on this one.

TAH / BSO and no HRT

PS: Also experienced some muscle twitching and Periodic Limb Movements (PLM) but that eventually stopped (only some light muscle twitching left). Thought I was going crazy at that point.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-13-2008, 08:53 PM
Joints popping anyone?

I am not sure if I am of any help to you, or if I am experiencing the same thing. But you definetly are not alone with strange bodily functions! I am not sure what exactly is popping, but sometimes I feel clicking in my lower back when I walk. I have just assumed that it is from sitting more than usual. It has gotten better, but seemed very strange.I also have tenderness in the front of my thighs. They feel hyper sensitive, I think it is the nerves. I am sure that with moving all of my insides around the nerves are affected somehow. I also figured that at some point my legs were very far apart to remove my uterus. (LAVH kept both ovaries)
I wish you well
Unread 01-14-2008, 09:38 AM
Joints popping anyone?

I pretty much feel like my whole body is out of whack! I did a lot of walking over the weekend and my legs, back and feet are rebelling. I also crack and pop like crazy. I didn't realize this surgery would affect my whole body!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-14-2008, 01:27 PM
Joints popping anyone?

hey heidi.........my joints pop a lot more than they used to post-surgery also. i also have achey tender feet bones, when i first get up in the morning??? strange. i had sore hips every time i laid down for any length of time, but that has resolved in the last couple of weeks?? its all very strange, eh? gee.
Unread 01-14-2008, 02:29 PM
Joints popping anyone?

I am so glad to hear it gets better as I am exactly one month behind you. I had a TAH on October 18.
Unread 01-14-2008, 09:30 PM
Joints popping anyone?

Thanks to all of you for your responses. I was beginning to wonder if I was alone on this one. I too did not realize how this surgery would affect my whole body. I think I pop mostly at night after lying in the same position for awhile and then I wake and shift positions and pop goes the weasel. I read somewhere its due to lack of or imbalance of hormones. My left hip tends to stiffen at certain times of the day and I feel the same sensitivity & tenderness down my thighs and legs that you feel Frostbite. I'm sure its nerve related. I keep hoping it'll all subside after some time.
Unread 01-14-2008, 11:58 PM
Joints popping anyone?

It seems that I pop the most when I am inactive for a period of time. I popped a lot before but it was mainly my knees. Now it seems to be any joint that has had some sort of trauma. Excercise helps me the most, even the slightest things like simple leg raises. I am not ready for anything to strenuous. Hope it helps.
Unread 01-15-2008, 04:20 PM
Joints popping anyone?

I agree Truck Lover, that exercise helps. I'm walking more now and I find when I walk my knees pop less. Like you said, inactivity tends to bring it on. Just started my strength training again (going slow at it), let's see if this helps. Do our joints stiffen and causes them to pop? Or what may cause the popping? Should we be really concerned about this?
Unread 01-16-2008, 01:07 PM
Joints popping anyone?

yeah, walking on my feet for a while "loosens" my bones, and they stop aching ! ! doesn't explain why sleeping should activate it in the first place, and only post-surgery? hmmm.......
Unread 01-17-2008, 09:03 PM
Joints popping anyone?

Not only do my knees pop when I stand up but when I bend them I hear a crunchy kind of sound like, when you crumble a plastic bag. Has anyone experienced this? It seems to get weirder, doesn't it?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register