I'm worried about what I am feeling, help! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I'm worried about what I am feeling, help! I'm worried about what I am feeling, help!

Unread 01-12-2008, 07:05 PM
I'm worried about what I am feeling, help!

I am four weeks out and feeling worse!
When ever I move at all, whether I am getting up, or reaching or talking, or if I have to talk to mom in the other room, I feel pulling in the top of my stomach, at the top of my belly button along with constant pain. I want to move and it feels like there is something inside pulling me back the opposite way. It hurts to sneeze or cough.
Does anyone else, or have you felt this? Should I be worried?
Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-12-2008, 07:40 PM

Hello CinnaNut,

My second and fourth week is when I felt the worst. I am just starting to feel a bit better and finally drove yesterday. Internally we are still healing a lot...don't rush anything. I still have pain at my belly button and burning pain in my lower abdomen and was told that is normal. If I am caught off guard, it hurts to sneeze or cough yet, so I would not worry. But, if you feel this is just too much, call your surgeons office and ask the nurse.

Hope you feel better,

bitterpill
Unread 01-12-2008, 09:00 PM

I am 2 days shy of my 6 week mark. I still hold my tummy to try and cough. Sneezing causes me to holdl on for dear life. So - I think that part is normal.

If you're feeling down, it may be the pain meds keeping you low. I know the sooner I got them out of my system, the better I felt. But, that is just me. If you're still having a lot of pain that is constant - you still need them.

You can always just call your dr just to make sure - Better to be safe than sorry.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-12-2008, 09:43 PM

If something doesn't feel right, call the doctor. At this point in your recovery you should be feeling better, not worse. If you can't reach your doctor, call the ER and ask to speak to the dr. on call.

I hope you reach your doctor and feel better soon.
Unread 01-12-2008, 09:50 PM

I too felt bad at 4 weeks and went to the dr. to check things out. She didn't find anything and then I felt good after the 5-6 week mark.
Unread 01-12-2008, 10:58 PM

I've had similar feelings of resistance when I move or stretch... yesterday, I felt a strong pull on my right side when I woke from a nap and stretched my leg out. It was scary at the moment, but then it felt fine. Not sure what to make of it.

I've felt pulling on the left side of my incision from day one... like maybe the stitches are a bit tight. I think probably every doctor stitches things up a little bit differently, so for some, pulling would be normal and others not.

If it's REALLY painful, definitely call your doctor. Better safe than sorry!
Unread 01-13-2008, 12:52 AM

I had my surgery the same day as you. I understand what you mean! I keep thinking I should be further ahead than this! I sneezed in Costco yesterday and that was it, I was not ready for it so I didnt brace and I felt like I was going to pass out. I still need pain meds. When I look at last week I know I am better but I still thought I would be further along than this!
Unread 01-13-2008, 07:54 AM
me too

I have felt a certain spot in me that has that pulling feeling since I had my surgery, I have asked about it and there is nothing there they say. I have come to just accept that feeling, although at times, I will hold that area.
My 4th and 5th week were the worst! I was so discouraged, How would I ever make it back to work, and then poof I turned that corner and things started to shape up. It will happen for you too.
You arent doing too much are you?????
Unread 01-13-2008, 07:58 AM

I think you need to call your doctor just to be sure. You should not be in constant pain. Let your doctor decide if s/he wants to see you to make sure there's not something going on in there besides normal healing.
Unread 01-13-2008, 10:27 AM

Thank You everyone, I do have a Dr's appointment fro tomorrow to go over my pathology report and to see how my hormone therapy is working. I have'nt taken any pain med in almost 3 weeks , just tylynol rapid release the past two nights. I guess the one thing I did do and I did'nt know I was'nt supose to was laundry so maybe thats what happened and I pulled something. I will try not to worry too much, I just can't imagine how I will be able to go back to work and lift 20 to 45# boxes and pull pallets . Oh well I guess it will work out. Thank you again for all the advice and for all your concerns.
Margaret

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register