Returning to work jitters? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Returning to work jitters? Returning to work jitters?

Unread 01-12-2008, 07:29 PM
Returning to work jitters?

I'm 5 week post op tah/bso, returning to work Monday, i'm worried. I have to go back, but I'm not sure I'm going to be alright. Anyone else feeling this way?

It's just that with my c-sections I was off 9weeks for my first and 8 with my second and they were ALOT easier... hmm

thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-12-2008, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsme01
I'm 5 week post op tah/bso, returning to work Monday, i'm worried. I have to go back, but I'm not sure I'm going to be alright. Anyone else feeling this way?

It's just that with my c-sections I was off 9weeks for my first and 8 with my second and they were ALOT easier... hmm

thanks

My TAH was one day before yours. I go for my 6 week check up on thursday.I am really nervous about going back to work also. I have had a wonderful recovery without any complications and I think the Lord for that,but I work in our school cafeteria and we do a lot of heavy lifting.We put our own stock up (some boxes weigh between 15 and 40 pounds) and we lift really heavy pans.I am only 5'3 and have to strecth alot to reach everything.I am worried about causing damage when I go back.I have read a lot on here that sometimes it takes months to heal and I really don't want to cause any new problems.Maybe it is normal to be nervous about returning. I will keep you in my prayers and you can keep me in your prayers. God Bless you!
Unread 01-12-2008, 08:17 PM

I have to go back on Monday too. I have a desk job, but I don't think I can sit all day yet.

My brain isn't all there yet either. My job requires logical thought, lots of decisions that make or break sales deals for my company. I'm really scared that I'm going to screw something big up. I can't afford to stay home anymore, my disability went to 2/3 pay at 30 days and I'm a week past that. My assistant has been handling it while I'm gone, and she's been a trooper, but I can't ask her to carry my load for much longer. Hopefully the brain will come back as I start using it again.

I'm taking my abdominal binder and an ice pack for the afternoon swelly belly, hopefully that will help.

I'm just going to take it a day at a time and try not to stress over leaving a couple hours early if I have to. Fortunately my manager is very understanding. He's already told me that I can work from home a few hours a week if I need to, but he'd prefer me in the office. I'll do what I can.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-12-2008, 08:54 PM

I'm really worried about going back on Monday as well.
Unread 01-12-2008, 09:08 PM

I'll be praying for all of you. I went back to work at 2 1/2 weeks, but I had laparoscopic surgery, so not as invasive. I was VERY nervous about going back, too. I've had to go home early 3 of the 7 days I've worked, and have spent both Sat's (including today) at home resting up. You can only do what you can do. Most importantly, take care of yourselves.
Unread 01-12-2008, 10:17 PM

I head back to work as a teacher on Monday as well but I am only working mornings. I went in Friday to get "reoriented" and by 11 I was feeling a little stiff and a little tired - I hit the couch when I got home and had a nap!!
My principal is very supportive and is letting me see how things go before I come back full time.
Everyone - take it at your own pace - we've worked so hard on a good recovery!

Tracy
Unread 01-12-2008, 10:41 PM

I went back part time last week, but I work from home on a pc... I took frequent breaks and napped every day, and kept it only to 3-4 hours a day. There is no way I could have put in a full day's work. I'm still very exhausted (lots of sleepless nights) and my brain is a bit foggy. I told them I planned to work part time next week too, and I have my post-op appt. on Monday, Jan 21... I told my boss that I would let them know if the doctor released me to full time or not.

I know that I'm very fortunate to have a job that lets me work from home and is so flexible with my time off. I don't want to over do it, but I also don't want to lose credibility with my co-workers... it's very stressful taking care of myself!!! I know that I have to put me first this time, though, so whatever the doctor says is what I'll do.

Good luck to everyone next week!! I'll be thinking of you!
Unread 01-12-2008, 11:21 PM

I go back on Tuesday, have my post op Monday! She warned me she will be doing a detailed check of the cuff on Monday....yikes, think it will hurt?
Unread 01-13-2008, 08:32 AM

i go for my 4 wk pre-op (for TAH) on thursday and had been hoping for a 1-21 return date, desk job. but there is so much unrest and changes happening at my place of employment (just since ive been off) that im scared about returning now. The whole thing is getting me down, just when i was feeling better about recovery. Now Im worried about not only my physical and mental stamina, but the added stress of the situation on my recovery.
anyone else re-entering work with these types of concerns?
Unread 01-13-2008, 10:09 AM

I have a TAH/BSO on the 17th of December and I'm heading back to work on the 21st of January, and can't wait.

I'm an office manager, so it's mostly a desk job, but heck I sit here at the computer all day at home, so work will be a piece of cake. I had my 4 week post op visit, my doctor said I healed like a champ and I'm cleared starting on the 21st to go back to all normal activity that I feel ready for. I've got an aerobics class on the 21st too! I'm so ready for this!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register