Returning to work jitters? - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Returning to work jitters? Returning to work jitters?

Unread 01-14-2008, 09:00 AM
Returning to work jitters?

Ladies I wish you well in returning to work I had the same feelings as you two weeks ago. I was very frightened about how I would feel and if I could handle things as my job is very physical. I can say from being back now for two weeks the first was a bit hard I was very tired and sore. The second was better. I still have feelings that I may not want to keep this job as it is physically draining but I feel better being back to work without having the pain I had before my surgery. Good LUCK to all
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-14-2008, 12:07 PM

I'm SOOOOO frustrated because I had to come home again today. I honestly thought the 2 weeks recovery was enough, but I was already tired when I got to work today, and then all of sudden had a dizzy spell and came home. I've got a call into the dr's office to see if this normal or not.
Unread 01-14-2008, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by supportneeded
I'm SOOOOO frustrated because I had to come home again today. I honestly thought the 2 weeks recovery was enough, but I was already tired when I got to work today, and then all of sudden had a dizzy spell and came home. I've got a call into the dr's office to see if this normal or not.
Its ok to be frustrated. You had a major surgery!! I am sure your body will let you know that you need more rest at lest for 4 more weeks don't push yourself so hard. I waited the full 6 weeks and I was still tired and even now at almost 9 weeks I find that I tire a little faster then I am use to. Give yourself time to heal all the way On this web site I have read that it can take up to a full year to be completely healed and I do believe this. BIG HUGS just remember we all have good and bad days and make sure you see your DR about the dizzy spells.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-14-2008, 02:53 PM

I made it 6 hours, then my body started screaming at me that it wanted to be horizontal. Fortunately my boss is cool, even though I'm supposed to be back full time, he said to take my time this week and ease back in.

At least i got through 5 weeks of e-mail and pulled everything out that i need to do.

Tomorrow's another day.
Unread 01-14-2008, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevans
Its ok to be frustrated. You had a major surgery!! I am sure your body will let you know that you need more rest at lest for 4 more weeks don't push yourself so hard. I waited the full 6 weeks and I was still tired and even now at almost 9 weeks I find that I tire a little faster then I am use to. Give yourself time to heal all the way On this web site I have read that it can take up to a full year to be completely healed and I do believe this. BIG HUGS just remember we all have good and bad days and make sure you see your DR about the dizzy spells.
I guess I thought w/laparascopic, it was only supposed to be 2 weeks. I think I'm finding out I was wrong. I haven't heard back from the dr. yet today, but I've already asked the school to get a sub for me tomorrow. Hopefully, I'll be able to talk to or go to the dr. tomorrow to find out what to do from this point.

Thanks for your encouragement.
Unread 01-14-2008, 04:53 PM

I am one of the lucky ones. I had a TAH/BSO with a vertical incision for a large fibroid tumor on Nov 26th, and was back at work on Dec 21st.
I did get a little tired in the afternoons, but it was the slow time of year and I was able to ease into it. I have a desk job (inside sales) and I work with all men. They were actually very understanding. I also work with my husband, so he helped me out when I needed it.
Now, I'm 7 weeks post-op today, and I feel so much better than I did before the surgery; no more pain!
I think one of the tricks to a quick recovery is to walk as much as you can. I was up to a mile a day within 2 weeks post-op, now I do 2 miles on the treadmill and 7-10 miles on the exercycle daily.
Good luck to all of the sisters returning to work!
Unread 01-14-2008, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by supportneeded
I guess I thought w/laparascopic, it was only supposed to be 2 weeks. I think I'm finding out I was wrong. I haven't heard back from the dr. yet today, but I've already asked the school to get a sub for me tomorrow. Hopefully, I'll be able to talk to or go to the dr. tomorrow to find out what to do from this point.

Thanks for your encouragement.
I was told about the same thing from different people. I am and always have been pretty active as far as lfting weights and exercise, I have 100 % muscle tone everywhere even after mytwo children 28 years ago LOL I am one of the lucky ones that didn't have trouble with my surgery I was more then ready.... I do know you have to listen to your body and say don't push it until it sayes you are ready. This depends on you and how you heal. I still get half a selly belly on my right side but it is just healing so I will give it time Kepp up a strong mind helps...
HUS to everyone that is here on this side..
Unread 01-15-2008, 04:33 PM

KY,
How did your first day end up going? Mine was NOT good, way too long 11 hours plus one hour commute each way...
You were tah/bso, also, right? I guess 5 weeks is still early and I'm trying not to get too discouraged, but I'm in pain before mid day

take special care and have others do the lifting
Unread 01-15-2008, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsme01
KY,
How did your first day end up going? Mine was NOT good, way too long 11 hours plus one hour commute each way...
You were tah/bso, also, right? I guess 5 weeks is still early and I'm trying not to get too discouraged, but I'm in pain before mid day

take special care and have others do the lifting
11 hours? That's a LOOOOONG DAY! What do you do? Do you drive your commute or take a bus or train?
Unread 01-16-2008, 03:27 PM

I just had my six week check today. Dr said I am healing fine. There are still some sutures in the cuff area, so nothing in vagina for 2 more weeks.
So, I can go back to work but I can't have sex yet.
My boss(s) said if I need more time, or modified hours to let them know.
I am going to go back on next Monday, MLK day.
I really feel free at last of my Fibroids. I was in more pain before surgery. I am more worried about fatigue.
I have tried to clear my schedule of anything other than concentrating on going back to work for the next couple of weeks.
Good luck to all of you.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register