LSH Incision questions | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

LSH Incision questions LSH Incision questions

Unread 01-13-2008, 12:35 PM
LSH Incision questions

Okay, I had an LSH at 7:15 am on 1/11. Overall, the surgery was uneventful. Early into recovery however, I have noticed a more significant pain in my left incision than the other 2.

Question 1 - Anyone else have this?

I was bandaged and too scared to even look at the incision areas the first day. The second day, the nurse came to look and she informed me that not only was I closed with Dermadbond but that I had some oozing.

Question 2 - Anyone closed with Dermabond? Not sure why but this freaks me out a little...fear of the unknown maybe?

Question 3 - Anyone have any oozing? The nurse did not seem concerned...so I guess I shouldn't be???

Question 4 - Anyone else terrified to look at the incisions?

Thank you for hearing me out and I look forward to all of your comments.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-13-2008, 01:43 PM
LSH Incision questions

1. Yes that is the incision where my uterus was removed from. I was told to expect that incision to heal slower and be more painful.
2. I had stitches uner my skin. I wasn't told I had dermabond...
3. I had oozing a little only with my left incision...
4. YES. It took me a long time, maybe 2 weeks to even look.
Unread 01-13-2008, 02:04 PM
LSH Incision questions

Hi Hysterscared35,

I also had a LSH.

I agree with PrincessN. My left incision took longer to heal and it was also the larger of my two hip incisions.

Was I scared to look at my incisions?? Oh yeah!! I actually had my DH look at them for me. I cannot stand the sight of anything surgical looking ...and most of all...when it is on my own body. So you sound normal to me.

Best wishes with your recovery~

Mary
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-13-2008, 02:41 PM
LSH Incision questions

I had an LSH back in June and did have some oozing from both of the lower incisions. I sort of let it happen and didn't worry about it at first, but at some point I could see what looked like a pimple - the whitehead variety. However, the "pimple" wouldn't pop and it turned out it was a stitch poking out. This was on the left side. This was at about 3 weeks, and I know I was doing too much (I was not exactly laying around) so I called the office and they had me come in. What they did was pull up on the stitches (both sides they could see them) and then snip them. The rest retracted into my body, sort of like sucking spaghetti. After that, I healed up nicely. Never really any PAIN, just soreness when my walks in the park for exercise got too long. Never took pain meds, just Advil. Not afraid to look, but didn't look until I got home from the hospital. The lower incisions are just a continuation of my c-section scars. On Tuesday, I have to have my gall bladder out, so they will use my navel again and I will have three more incisions just below the ribs on the right. Pretty soon I will have little cuts all over. That will look great!!
Kim
LSH 6/27/07
Unread 01-13-2008, 02:51 PM
LSH Incision questions

Hi Becky,

I love to look at my incisions, I'm just so amazed that they were able to get such huge fibroids and uterus out using these little incisions.

My left is where they pulled everything out and she said it would hurt more.

I'm not oozing, I have steri-strips and the skin is a little pink.

Right now, everything looks good, so I'm just holding onto that and going about my recouping.

Good luck, Kim with your gall bladder surgery!

Peace and Love,
Brinks
Unread 01-13-2008, 03:11 PM
LSH Incision questions

My left incision was bigger than the right and my doctor also used dermabond. I had some oozing on the left incision. That is the one taking the longest to heal. The dermabond really bothered me at times.
Unread 01-13-2008, 03:34 PM
LSH Incision questions

Isn't it great to hear we are all normal and have the same incision stories? I was told the reason the left incision is a little larger and/or oozes and doesn't heal is quickly is because the doctors are usually right handed. Therefore they are moving instruments around more and pulling things out through our left, their right. I am 5 1/2 weeks post op and my right incision and belly button incision are totally healed. The left one is still healing. My doc also had to clip a few stiches that popped up at my post-op visit. It didn't hurt a bit and he said it was normal.
Unread 01-13-2008, 03:43 PM
LSH Incision questions

I'm the opposite I had mine LAVH/BSO on the 8th and my right side bothers me! My steris strips fell off my belly button two days ago. (He fixed me bely button!!!! I've had 5 surgeries prior, for lapro, gabadder and appendix) They used durabond on me too.
I just want to know why I hurt so bad on the right!!! He did do more work on the right and I guess the car accident 12 hrs prior to my surgery didn't help any either!!

Michelle
Unread 01-13-2008, 05:41 PM
LSH Incision questions

That's funny about our big incisions being on the left...
Unread 01-13-2008, 06:04 PM
LSH Incision questions

Hey Ladies!
I had LSH on July 17 and had dermabond on all incisions and was cauterized internally (I'm on coumadin so all attempts to lessen bleeding were taken). I have to say, it took quite a while to heal, I don't know if I was being a "baby" or if I was really a slow healer because of the meds I'm on, but honestly, it took about 8-10 weeks before I felt normal again. I, too, had lots of pain on the left side and worried about scarring. Every now and then especially after some extra yard work or doing something strenuous, I still get a bit of pain on the left side that lasts a couple of days. In any event, anything is better than those awful periods (or should I said gushers). It is getting now to the point (6 months out) that I don't think about a period much anymore.
Just remember - there is hope! and it is on the horizon!
Take care all.
My Little
LSH, Both ovaries removed, 7-17-07, failed ablation - D&C 4-27-07.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register