Hysterectomy dates Jan 14-Jan 21,2008 - Page 12 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jan 14-Jan 21,2008 Hysterectomy dates Jan 14-Jan 21,2008

Unread 01-23-2008, 03:47 PM
whew made it one week

Okay is it just me or everytime you would ask about recovery they made it sound like " oh you'll be in the hospital overnite and down for a week or two" (?) my uteris had attached itself to something plus the fibroids......so I was in surgery 3 hours instead of 2, I was so impressed that I did not hurt too much (as much as I expected) and no bruising LOLOLOLOLOL

Yeah okay.....No one told me that the anasthesia would wear off 72 hours after the surgery and that one vicodin would surely be an insult to the pain OMG, if I would have known that little piece of information I would have taken 2 so look out for that one its a dilly.

Other than that my husband ex marine has been an angel sent from god, he feeds, cleans my wounds, the house and the kids.

Ladies one piece of advice make sure you have someone a friend a relative a spouse that will be ready to help you, this will make a big difference in recovery. I love my husband and this has only made it all the stronger.

take care sisters,
Renee
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-23-2008, 04:21 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jan 14-Jan 21,2008

Thank you for the replies on appetites returning. Tomorrow will be a week since surgery so I decided to ask my mom if she'd take me out for dinner (tomorrow night). I haven't left the house or done anything for a week, so a little outing might feel good and maybe going out for something I normally love to eat will sound good and taste good. And I'm sure she won't let me over do it or walk further than just to the car, drop me off at the restaurant door and then back home...lol
I see where someone has 3 weeks off...I"m off work for 6 weeks...how long have the rest of you been given?
Unread 01-23-2008, 04:39 PM

I have up to six weeks, but am only planning on four...don't know yet. Will see how I feel, but I also would love input... will we feel like going back to work at all???? I also need some suggestions on HRT. Right now I am on Estradiol, but I've heard an estrogen patch works well too. Any thoughts??

Unread 01-23-2008, 05:00 PM

I have up to six weeks also but I hope to return in 4 weeks. I work 24 hours a week 2nd shift in the ER as a registrar so I'm up and down all night and at times it is really hectic. So, I might try to go back 2 days a week to start. Feeling good today (8 days post op). Finally having normal BM's as of today.

Shevi- go ahead and go out to dinner, I went to the movies and it was great to get out for a bit. Happy Eating.........
Unread 01-23-2008, 05:19 PM
New here...first post!

Hi princeses! I came across this site accidently while doing a search on headaches after hysterectomy. I had a LAVH on Jan. 17. Everything went fairly smooth and not even 24 hours later I was home in bed. The first couple days home I felt great considering and the pain was less then any period I have had. By day 4 I began to get sick from the pain killers and had a horrible day....realized it was too good to be true! The doctor switched my pain meds and I amback to feeling pretty good except for the headaches. It's funny how most of the pain I do have is in my back, neck and head. The only time my stomach has hurt is when it was accidently smacked by a 3 yr old. I pray that the rest of my recovery will go this smooth and that for all of you out there that have had this done will be recovering nicely too! I am thankful for all of you ladies out there that are going through the same type of thing and are here to listen and be supportive. I hope I can be that for someone else too!
*photobug2325*
Unread 01-23-2008, 05:36 PM

My Vaginal Hysterectomy was on Monday, Jan 21st. I posted yesterday under the other topic called Recovery for Period Jan 21 through Jan 28.
I'll post here today.
I got to come home yesterday around 10:30 am. The low abdomen pain was awful but not unbearable and I was up at 1 am counting the minutes for my next dose of medicines. I was given two different pain meds and I was trying to be brave and only take one and then quarter the really strong ones. Now I'm taking it as directed and it's helping a lot.
I had problems having a BM and felt like a lot of my pressure and pain was due to not being able to have a BM. I took a stool softner and also drank juice. I was finally able to have a small BM last night. And another one this morning. I feel very gassy and have a lot of groin pain/pressure. No discharge at all. I took a shower today and then took my meds and slept a few hours and woke up feeling a lot better. I'm beginning to notice that the need for meds is longer in between so that's a good sign.
I'll continue to take them as long as I need them. My Post Op followup with my Dr. is on Tues, Jan 29th. It's nice to be able to read everyones posts and makes me realize that other's know exactly what I am feeling. I'm praying for you all too.
Unread 01-23-2008, 05:40 PM

I am able to take up to 6 weeks. 2 of which would be paid at 75% of my pay. I had originally told them I would return after 5. But, I told them today we'll see if I wait another LOL... I am so out of it. I would hate to go back and look like a totla airhead to my clients.
Unread 01-23-2008, 08:59 PM
Just not feeling like I thought I would...

Hi all. I had my LAVH on the 15th and came home on the 17th. I also had my left ovary and fallopian tube removed. All due to a very large endometrial mass. I'm feeling pretty good. The worst part for me was trying to get the IV in for surgery. The first three veins they tried blew, and then I lost track of how many other places they tried. Finally they got it in my wrist. That was painful! During surgery they were able to get it into a vein in my other arm. I'm more bruised from all of that than the surgery.
That said, I am still surprised at how I don't feel like I thought I would by now. Just tender. I'm managing to get out for a walk everyday (but tonight it's raining hard). I went on a little outing yesterday, and I'm paying for it today.
I know that I just need to be patient and I will be back to better than normal soon. I have my appointment on the 1st, I didn't have stitches on the outside at least, my Dr. glued me together! LOL He told me absolutely no driving for two weeks and no lifting more than 6 lbs. for 6 weeks. Those two things are the hardest for me.
I'm dealing with no real appetite as of yet, and even though I have had bm's, nothing for the last couple of days. I'm not worried about it, though. Maybe it's because I'm not eating that much.
Take care all! Don't overdo it!

Jacki (aka JMR325)
Unread 01-23-2008, 10:10 PM

Hi everyone, like you all, I am so happy to have this finally over and done with and to get my reports that I am cancer free!!! That was a big concern going in. I had to stay in the hospital an extra day but they were so nice. My first night I had the nice morphine drip so I just kept pushing that button everytime I woke up. The pain was pretty bad for about 3 days. I had LAVH/BSO, I feel pretty good now. I stopped the percocet on Sunday and have been on just Tylenol. And yeah, I was allowed to drive today and get out of the house..I only took my son to school and went to lunch with a friend, I slept in between. Have been getting plenty of rest and trying not to do a lot which is very hard for me. I am ready to go back to work but have to stay home for another week.

The eating and gas was bad the first 3-4 days, but I'm doing better now, still get pains in my tummy after I eat, but I have had bm's sometimes several times a day, take stool softeners daily and drink lots of water. I also have to take iron and baby aspirin for 10 days had some internal bleeding after the surgery, I think that's why I had to stay another day, I was so drugged up I don't remember much, lol, but the staff was so nice to me they made me very comfortable.

Well, that's my story so far, sorry I put so much, took me a while to find this I was so out of it...hope you all are doing well. I am looking forward to getting out this weekend and need to go out tomorrow to celebrate my son's 16th bday.
Unread 01-23-2008, 10:35 PM

Hello
I had a LSH (kept cervix and ovaries) on Jan. 16. Surgery started at about 3:30 pm. I was up walking during the night at 4:00 am, I went home at noon. Appetite hasn't been a problem. Things were going great. I used up all my prescribed pain meds by the Sunday after surgery. Now pain is a daily issue. I feel embarassed to be complaining to you all because my surgery was much less envasive then most, if not all of you.

I'm taking tylenol every 4 hours. There is occassionally no pain when I'm lying down or sitting. Tonight I've found a heating pad helps, but there is still pain. I actually thought I would be back to work today, doc said one to two weeks, today was one week. I can't believe this has knocked me on my butt so hard. I know three days in the last week I over did it, but the other days I've really laid low. I'm frustrated.

My husband works all day, my kids were around too much over the weekend for me to rest, now they are at school and have their own things to do. I'm doing some work from home (on the computer) to help keep up with a client, but I'm afraid I won't be going back to work any time soon the way I've been feeling.

I completely underestimated the healing process. I feel I over promised my availability to be back at work. I'm 43 and had been working long hours at an accounting firm prior to surgery. Now I feel completely grounded. I've promised I will come back to work Monday for a half day then hopefully full time after that. I just don't see that happening.

HELP!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register