Hysterectomy dates Jan 14-Jan 21,2008 - Page 22 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jan 14-Jan 21,2008 Hysterectomy dates Jan 14-Jan 21,2008

Unread 01-30-2008, 11:48 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jan 14-Jan 21,2008

thanks for the words of wisdom-i am trying as i would love to get back to the walks i did before the surgery- being diabetic i was up to 3-5 miles per day. i am sure that will come in due time.
thanks for the idea of the pants with drawstrings.............will look into that today -
katrinamarie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-30-2008, 12:32 PM

Im on day 13 and feeling better everyday but still getting exhausted after a little bit of working around the house. I still feel numb all around the incision. I have been having regular bms everyday since taking miralax everyday. Starting to wean off of darvocet so i can rely only on the motrins. So far so good. Went 12 hours in between but keeping up on the motrins just in case. Ive been having a lot of nausea. I was told my right lung hasnt completely inflated and that i should buy balloons and blow them up to get my lung to reinflate. Wonder if that might be a reason for the nausea (???). Anyone else have this happen? I can only fit in one pair of sweatpants that i own comfortably so i stay in pj bottoms that have a large expansion waist! I did cut thru the band of one other pair of sweatpants and that worked good but have my hubby downstairs washing my "one" good pair of sweats to wear to my first outing to the doctors tomorrow! He's been great. Hope everyone else is feeling better every day.
Unread 01-30-2008, 01:00 PM

My surgery was on the 16th also and I feel far from my usual self. I'm going to order the belly swelly band since I heard it's great. My brusing is fading but still darkish brown. I peeled my steri strips off today since they didn't fall off - doc said okay to peel off. I am swollen more on my right side more than my left and it's kind of "hanging" over the scare - like I didn't have enough of that already left over from my long ago c-section. The people at work think I'm on vacation.... I'd rather feel good and go to work than feel like this and stay home. If they think I'm rushing back to work - ain't happening. I'm taking my full 6 weeks. The doc said I can return to work on 3/16 but I plan on returning on or about 2/28. The weather in Florida is beautiful. But, I just don't feel up to going outside. When I stand or walk to long I feel too much pressure and have to sit. All of us need to take it easy. We are not superwoman. Keep me posted on all of your progress... it keeps me going
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-30-2008, 01:04 PM
Two week post op appointment and path report

I had my appointment this morning - really 13 days - but Thursdays are surgery days. I have been released to work from home on the 11th and return to my office the 18th. I can drive now and am to keep up the good work of recovering and paying attention to my energy level. I dusted my home Monday morning and promptly had to sit down afterward.

I told my doctor that I have not felt this good in almost 2 years! The bloating, swelling, and constant dull ache is gone. For the first time my abdomen is not the center of my universe.

My path reports confirmed severe adenomyosis - the reason for my TVH. Path reports also confirmed endometrial polyps, cervicitis and a bleeding ovarian cyst (the ovary crumbled in the forcep when being examined during surgery and was removed). I had given my doctor permission to remove ovaries if they warranted.

I've had excellent care and a doctor who has been a real champion of my decision. She told me that seeing me so well had made her day - I told her that she has made my life!

I go back in two weeks for a final exam - I am still taking it easy - but will incorporate errands into my week now.

Like lots of women here - if I had known that I would feel this good - I would have seen my GYN sooner than I did!

NashvilleGal
TVH, right ovary removed - Thursday, January 17, 2008
47 years old
Unread 01-30-2008, 01:27 PM

Glad to hear you are doing so well. I had a TAH with both ovaries removed due to fibroids and cysts and hemmorage like periods with severe pain. I have a draw full of kotex pads which I will be glady giving away!! The vaginal surgery allows you a quicker recovery. I don't know why some doctors choose vaginal and some ab surgeries. I wasn't aware that after surgery they put an estrogen patch on me so when I got home (3 days later) I thought it was a band aid and proceeded to rip it off. It's a good thing I had already filled my prescription so I had more. I had complained to my DR about 1 yr ago that the pain and my periods are not getting better. He changed my birth control pill thinking this would help keep my cysts from growing. I had a fybroid at that time but it was small - within 1 year it grew and caused so much problem. I contemplated just having the fybroid removed and cleaning of the uterus but this problems run in my family with almost all of the women and is hereditary.
Unread 01-30-2008, 01:45 PM

cindamae41-
the upset stomach may be from taking the darvocet on an empty tummy- i was told by the dr and the pharmacist to make sure i take it with food as that will help with the nausea.
i had my hubby get me some new pj's and some new underwear- i had to go another size up and now my tummy does not hurt so much!!!
hope that this helps some-
katrinamarie
Unread 01-30-2008, 02:17 PM

thanks katrinamarie...it helps just to talk to someone about all these little things. I'm gonna try to put a big gap in between taking the darvacets because I think I might be ready to handle the pain with just Motrin. I will take your advice and eat somethng before I take my meds.
Unread 01-30-2008, 05:10 PM

I did too much the last few days and it hit me hard in the middle of Food Lion half way done with the shopping today. I told my husband that I've had enough and he told me if it made me feel any better that I looked like I felt like crap. He is such a sweetie. No, none of you can have him. I went to the car and he check out with the partial order and will go back tomorrow and finish the shopping alone. I played canasta yesterday for several hours, went out to dinner and a lecture about river touring in Europe. We are celebrating #40 this year and are hoping to go to Europe sometime, probably in the fall. Today I went to a meeting about my exercise group at 8, then went out to eat breakfast and then on to Food Lion. Just too much. I came home and crashed in bed for several hours. This has not been my custom since the first week but I think I need to slow down a bit. Your body really does let you know when you have done too much. It just shuts down until you listen to it.

Keep on, keeping on and we'll all be well soon.

Kay
Unread 01-30-2008, 07:16 PM

cindamae41-
glad i could help some- i hope it works for you as well as it has for me. I had stopped taking it but i think i may have over done it lately- so i took some today- and felt better. otherwise i too was using the motrin in place of it.
katrinamarie
Unread 01-30-2008, 07:57 PM

good advise with the Darvocet. you do need to eat when taking it.

I wore a panty girdle today to help support my incision area, for a few hours, and it felt good but then I felt so constricted and weighed down I had to take them off. If you can buy or have light support panties, wear them. It does help. Just make sure they are not too tight. I still really don't have an appetite and have been eating one small meal a day and have lost 10 lbs. Has anyone else had a loss of appetite? I get spurts of hunger and I'll eat something light, but then not hungry most of the day. I'm hardly on any meds because I have no pain, just discomfort. My BM's are not regular yet. Denise

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register