Hysterectomy dates Jan 14-Jan 21,2008 - Page 30 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jan 14-Jan 21,2008 Hysterectomy dates Jan 14-Jan 21,2008

Unread 02-02-2008, 06:33 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jan 14-Jan 21,2008

Hi All,

I too am getting a bit bored. However, today i drove 1/2 way to meet my mom at a restaurant. After that, I didn't want to go home to be in the same atmosphere so I followed her back to her house. When I got there I slept for 2 hrs... I just got home now. I'm doing better driving. It doesn't hurt as much to sit, as it did before. But, I'm just beat. I still don't walk straight up, I just can seem to straighten out. I look at my belly in the mirror and although the rest of me is somewhat slim, this ugly belly is hanging and swollen. I really hope it goes down. Denise
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-02-2008, 06:47 PM
Post-Op Infection

Just wondering if anyone as had any experience with an infection post-op. I had my hysterectomy on Jan. 15 and ended up back in the hospital on Jan. 27. I am particular upset with the fact that my dr didn't tell me what to expect about anything. For one, it would have been nice to know what the discharge was that I had.
Unread 02-02-2008, 08:08 PM

Great to hear that some are doing great. As far as emotions I am up and down everyday no control of my feelings it is crazy. I was able to keep my ovaries but everything else is gone. My inside feels lights but the scales says differently..
Peace..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-02-2008, 08:40 PM

Hi .. ditto for me. Me and my dh werent talking last night. He came home from work tired and grumpy and i have been doing alot more than i should so i am hurting more than i did a week ago! it doesnt help feeling cooped up but we have to know that it will pass. As far as pms..., it still exists for me unfortunately. I can tell because i feel like crying over the smallest thing. To top things off, my 17 year old has a temp of 103 and my hubby is coming down with the same thing. When it rains it pours i guess. we will survive! just wish i knew why things seem to hurt more this week than last.
Unread 02-02-2008, 08:45 PM

Thanks ladies for all your helpful information. I was back to work close to full time last week. Had trouble one day walking around too much, then the next day sitting too much. I work in public accounting so it's a very busy time of year. Next week I'll need to work more hours due to a colleages husband having brain surgery in Rochester MN.

I basically do next to nothing when I get home, sleep or lounge on the couch. I washed a load of clothes and empty/fill the dishwasher. I took Saturday off from work to rest, but I didn't rest. I drove an hour (one way) to see my daughter who is feeling lonely and did some shopping to brighten my spirits. BIG MISTAKE. After a nap I am flat out on the couch now and will be tomorrow too no matter how I'm feeling. Hopefully someone will be willing to pickup some groceries.

Tough lesson to learn, I've been feeling decent but I had to push it and now I'm paying for it.

It will get better if we listen to our bodies. I'm jealous of those with DH that are still treating you like a princess. But I take responsibility for over doing it today. I'm so dissappointed.
Unread 02-02-2008, 10:50 PM

Hi eveyone!

I had my TAH on 1/16 and did great. My surgery went pretty well. My uterus had collapsed and was adhered to my bladder. My Doc had to peel it off! He was able to save both of my oves. The surgery only took a couple of hours but I was in recovery for about 4 1/2 hours. They say I have sleep apnea and need tested ASAP. I kept stopping breathing. I guess I gave them some excitement. My nursing staff was wonderful. I took advice from this site and had a bowl of chocolates in my room. The nurses and aides loved it. Many of them came to hang out in my room and we had alot of fun! It sure helped the time pass.
Up and walking the halls the next morning and left early on 1/18. Felt pretty good at home too. Have only taken 9 pain pills and that is only because on the 2nd day home one of my cats took a flying leap and landed, of course, right on my stomach. I can not describe the pain!!

This is my first post as I have been exhausted. I mean really exhaused!! I seem to be able to sleep 19 hours a day or so. It is crazy. I think it is because I feel so useless.
No work. DH and DD are doing most everything around the house. It is so wonderful that they have been doing this, but I am used to doing it all. I feel like a big lump!

I drove my DD to school everyday last week. That went well. Friday I actually put real clothing and makeup on and went to a honors breakfast at her school. I almost felt human again. I really need to get up and get moving or I feel I could easily fall into a depression.

I am going to go back to work on Mon. even if it is for a short time. I need to do this. I will be 2 1/2 weeks out.
I work about 5 min from home so it should not be too difficult. My goal is to work 4 hours the first day but I am not tied into anything. Wish me luck!!

Lisadee 42, TAH 1/16/08
Unread 02-03-2008, 12:48 AM

Hi all,

I think I have overdid it today. I wanted to try driving. My doctor said that I could drive after 2 weeks. Unfortunately I drive a stick shift so I have to use my stomach muscles to change gears, break etc. It was not bad when I set out for dinner. I was able to sit, eat and visit for about 3 hours. Driving back home, I started feeling the twinges. Now I have a headache, my upper back is sore, I am feeling dizzy. I know I will pay for it tomorrow. I guess I was too ambitious. I should relax and take it easy!!!....sigh....
Unread 02-03-2008, 08:55 AM

Just wondering if anyone as had any experience with an infection post-op.
Unread 02-03-2008, 09:00 AM

sheileeb -

Yes I did a week ago. I noticed that I had a lot of pressure in my pelvic again and it felt like something was pushing on my colon as well. I went to the ER and had a CT scan done and there was fluid above my cervix. The DR told me he thought that it was due to the fact that he put a piece of mesh on the cervix to keep things from attaching to it during healing. I spent two days in the hospital and then home with 2 nasty antibotics. It has setback my healing process a bit but I am feeling better every day it seems. Do you have an infection?
Unread 02-03-2008, 09:02 AM

Yvette,
I had a post-op infection, and I know others have had, also. Although I didn't have to go into the hospital, it was no fun. I agree that our doctors should give us more info on what to expect. I am so glad I had this forum, or I would not even have known I had an infection!
I hope you are feeling better! HUGS! Sheila
_________________________________---
LAVH Took everything! & Bladder repair.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register