Hysterectomy dates Jan 14-Jan 21,2008 - Page 31 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jan 14-Jan 21,2008 Hysterectomy dates Jan 14-Jan 21,2008

Unread 02-03-2008, 01:52 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jan 14-Jan 21,2008

Best advice in the world is talk to your DR I had no clue what to expect. I had a fould smell and spotting and just not feeling right so I went in to see the DR who explained the smell did an exam OUCH!!! but I had my pain killers with me and my DD drove me as my DH is very strict about me following directions. I did find at the DR appt everything I was going through was normal and it made me feel so much better. With my emotions going up and down I would worry abut every little pain and twinge but with the DR's talk that I was healing good and probably just overdoing it I came home and felt the best I have. I have overdone it since then and I just get tired so easily had my DGD for a night we hung out and ate chips in the bed while watching Dora it was great she enjoyed being able to sleep in the Big bed with Nanna she is three. But that was all I could take I noticed I had to walk away and let Pappa take over because of my short fuse which I normally dont have. I could not imagine getting back in my school bus rigght now my poor students would be crying or I would before we got to school I am so up and down emotionally. Still taking pain meds but have been able to cut dosage in half. So that is where I am at 2 weeks out Now for a nap LOL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-03-2008, 02:41 PM

hello everyone-
i just wanted to tell everyone about a bit of progress i have made..........
i can now sleep on my left side!! it has been over 3 weeks since i last could- and last nite- i was on my left side for half the nite!!
i am so excited over this- i just wanted to share with you all...............
thanks!
katrinamarie
Unread 02-03-2008, 04:41 PM

Hello Sisters,

Today I worked carefully in my backyard. Cleaning it up, cutting small bushes, weeding, raking - but very slowly. Belly still swollen. My right side puffier than the left side. I tried sleeping on one of my sides but not too good yet. I sleep almost sitting up with a big pillow under my legs. Bursts of energy then BAM, body says "that's enough, go lay down". Starting to walk straight a bit. Mood is good. Getting bored some. Good time to get all of my paperwork organized. 4 more weeks at home.... Glad to hear some of you are doing better.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-03-2008, 04:48 PM
New post

Hi, this is my first post. I'm just getting used to the lingo! I had a TAH with BSO on 01/18/08. I went in expecting a laparoscopy to remove a cyst and probably my left ovary, but once the doc took a look through the scope, she said I had the "worst case of endometriosis" she had ever seen! I had so many adhesions and bleeding that she had to remove everything. I was in shock for awhile, but it has gotten a lot better. I was surprised, since even though my periods have always been painful (except when I was on the Pill), they were tolerable with NSAIDs, so I didn't suspect endometriosis. I didn't plan to have any more children, so that isn't an issue, but I didn't expect to be in menopause at 43. She doesn't want to start me on HRT for a month or two to make sure all the edometrial tissue is gone. I haven't had too many menopausal issues (yet), and I hope my luck holds out until I can start the HRT.

I'm glad I found this site and lots of women who are going through the same thing; it helps a lot.

denise2008: I'm having the same issues as you are with loss of appetite, and have lost about 10 pounds as well. My first week home (Jan 21), I was only interested in soup, applesauce, and yogurt. Seeing juicy hamburgers and tacos on the TV did nothing for me! I'm still not too interested this last week, either. I guess it will come, but the advantage to not eating too much is that the BMs are easier! I was relieved to read that this is a common problem; I don't feel so alone with my poo obsession!

Michelle
Unread 02-03-2008, 05:08 PM

czech64,

On Wed I will be on week 3 of my operation and my appetitie is a bit better but I only eat 1 or 2 tiny meals per day. I too was living on yogurt and ice pops and some soup. My BMs are much better, thank goodness... I would love to keep the 10lbs off. To think I was going to the gym 4 days per week for 6 months and never lost 1 LB!!

The first 2 weeks of post op I had to force myself to eat because I was feeling very weak and tired too much. It takes time for your body to bounce back. In time, you will have more of an appetite. Keep yourself hydrated. And if you can get some natural fruit pops, at least you'll have a serving of fruit. Keep me posted. Denise
Unread 02-03-2008, 07:48 PM

Michelle (Czech64),
Bless your heart! You sound like you're doing great despite going through such a big shock! Most of us had several weeks or even months to prepare for the physical and emotional parts of this procedure, but I can't imagine going in for one thing and waking up with such news! Again, sounds like you are taking things in stride. Glad you're here and hope things continue to go well for you.
Take care!
Karen
Unread 02-03-2008, 11:26 PM

Hi everyone,
Well today will make week 3 and I am doing better. Yesterday I went to church and came home very tired but I heard that is part of the process. I am experiencing terrible headaches I was wondering is anyone experiencing the same problem. Motrin or Tylenol just not working. I am also having problems with sleeping so I am up all times of night. But compared to some of the other issues I read I must be doing okay...Peace cspencer
Unread 02-03-2008, 11:57 PM

Denise and Karen,
Thanks for your encouragement!
My doctor did prepare me in advance for the possibility of a TAH if the cyst was cancerous, but she was surprised to see such a severe case of endometriosis during the laparoscopy. My CA-125 was 75, high but not in the range where she thought it would be cancer. She did tell me that she saw elevated levels in endometriosis, but the severity of it was totally unexpected. I really didn't have that bad menstrual cramps, and they only lasted for one day.

I guess I'm handling this pretty well so far. This site is a lot of help. My family has been very supportive; even my 15-year-old daughter is being very cooperative. I wish she could drive me around, but she just got her permit on Friday, so she needs a little more driving time with someone other than her nervous mom!

I haven't tried to drive yet; even riding in the car isn't much fun, especially the speedbumps and potholes! I will see my doc this Tuesday; I'm hoping she'll tell me to stay at home for 6 weeks rather than 4 weeks. I don't think I'll be ready to go back full-time on Feb 18th. I rather enjoy relaxing on the couch, surfing the 'net, and watching Dr. Phil and Law & Order re-runs all day!
Unread 02-04-2008, 05:14 AM
Cabin Fever

My heart goes out to those of you with family being sick on top of you trying to heal from surgery.

I was getting cabin fever big time yesterday & took a 'maiden voyage'. I told my DH where I was going & would be back in an hour or call before then & headed to the Walgreens a mile away just to look around. I made sure I parked where there was no ice/snow, took my time. To my delight all went well and I picked up a few things to keep me occupied. It felt good to be a bit independent. I did come home and needed to sit on ice packs, but getting out was worth it to me!

Hang in there ladies!
Unread 02-04-2008, 11:35 AM

I was brave and went out yesterday as a passenger, ooh ouch, I felt every bump, thank god our Silverado has those lounge like chairs soft and reclining. But I had to come home and sit on the heating pad, then something odd happened, my husband had comforted me all along by holding me and never ever ever did I have desires.......But oh my surprise, I have strong desires for him "What the heck????" I wont go through with those desires, and him holding me helps me sleep and manage pain, but this confused the heck out of me. Is anyone else having this happen? Still in pain, but having my libido awake is just odd, ya think?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register