Hysterectomy dates Jan 14-Jan 21,2008 - Page 37 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jan 14-Jan 21,2008 Hysterectomy dates Jan 14-Jan 21,2008

Unread 02-06-2008, 01:59 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jan 14-Jan 21,2008

yes, Frazzle, I too have an odd sensation when my bladder empties. It is close to the front of my body, right at the top of my pubic hair. It's not painful, its hard to describe. I don't feel it as much if I press lightly on my belly while I go. I don't see my doctor until the 19th. If I still feel it then, I will ask.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-06-2008, 02:10 PM
Tornado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki Renay
Well, now I have more on my plate. We had a tornado rip through our city last night. It hit north of me, but was really bad. My babysitter goes to college at Union University. They were hit so badly they may cancel school for the rest of the semester. This means my babysitter will go back home, no babysitter for when I am to go back to work. And the kids are home today and may be for the rest of the week. I think my DH is staying home today, not certain. He just left to pick up breakfast. I am hoping he is planning on staying home.....
Same here with tornado - I live east of you. So sad what happened at Union University and surrounding counties. I gladly welcome our cooler temps tonight.

I hope your DH stays home too.
Unread 02-06-2008, 02:20 PM
overdoing it............

hello sisters-
man! i just have to tell everyone the stupid thing i did today.
when the dr office says no climbing- i now know why!!!!
i went to get something out of the cupboard above my sink and could not reach it- so i thought i would use a chair and climb that way- well let me tell ya- do not do that!!!!!!!!!!!
I am paying the piper dearly!! i was in no pain- until now.
katrinamarie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-06-2008, 02:45 PM

DH left as soon as I had posted He did go to help some people in our church that were hit by the tornado, so I should not be complaining. I am just very tired. The kids are still in their pj's ...LOL
Unread 02-06-2008, 02:55 PM

Nikki you can complain to me all you want! Jammy day hope your in yours too! I know today I am in mine it is the way I let my DH know how I am feeling when he gets home. If I am dressed I am having a good day if in Jammys dont mess with me I might kill someone. I had a fit of the giggles last night over a silly joke in a commercial for the neew Larry the Cable guy movie man did that hurt. But the laughing was good too I think the problem was it hurt and my DH was laughing at me laughing so I just couldn't stop. Of course he was waiting for the crying to begin boy does he know my emotional state! I am actually blessed with no children left at home sso I get to do what I want during the day! If I want them around they do come visit when I call and say I am bored or lonely though. I do miss not having my DGD here on the weekends but I just can't handle a 3 year old she goes and goes and I snap at the little things then feel guilty. I think I put her in timeout more last Friday when we had her then in the last year.
Unread 02-06-2008, 03:23 PM
the bladder thing

When I had my 2 wk post-op visit, I asked my dr about the funny sensation around my bladder when I urinate, usually when I'm almost done urinating. He told me, there was so much scar tissue when they opened me up, that he had to peel my bladder off of my uterus, and there was a large open wound or sore on the backside of my bladder. When I urinate, he said, towards the end the bladder contracts, and that sore is what I feel. I don't know if that is what anyone else experienced. Same with my bowels, they are finally free to move, as never before, and there was a lot of scar tissue that they cut away, and when they move (every day now, thank you very much!) I can feel it. Before my TAH, my bowels didn't move much, except around my period, and then it was several day's worth, and I know that is gross, but, we seem to be speaking very frank, here, so, I'm so happy to finally have my parts removed, all of them, including my ovaries and cervix. They needed removed for entirely different reasons, though, than scar tissue!!! I am back to work starting yesterday. I am 42, and feel pretty good for once!!
Unread 02-06-2008, 03:37 PM
3 weeks post-op and doing well

I am doing great so far. I guess things went better than I had expected and was not down for as long as I thought I would be. I was out of the hospital 2 days after my surgery.

At my 2 week post-op, my dr told me my cyst was none cancerous but that he had found that I had already had extensive scarring all around my uterus and other organs so it was a bit more complicated surgery but all went well.

Now I am ready to go back to work but I have another follow-up appt with my dr next Tuesday to see if he will release me at 4 weeks to go back to work.

But I think I overdid it yesterday because i am hurting in my incision area, not the incision itself but internally in that area. I am not sure if I can rush going back to work now. I need the money so that is why I want to go back sooner than the original 6 weeks.

I am wondering what I should do...I guess it is back to one day at a time to see how I feel.

I hope all the other sisters surgeries went well too.
Unread 02-06-2008, 04:28 PM

KatrinaMarie,

Put ice in a ziploc bag and put the bag in a clean cotton white sock and put it on the area that hurts. That's what I do and it helps. Denise
Unread 02-06-2008, 05:54 PM

MKSLADY,
My DR told me the exact same thing about "peeling my bladder off my uterus" - He said it would be awhile before that sensation stopped. Actually, it was quite painful for me for several days, then I found out I'd had an infection the whole time, and now it is so much better (after the antibiotics) that I hardly pay attention to the little bit of hurt I feel when I urinate. It does get easier! If you can afford to stay home from work, please do. It is no fun to begin to feel better and then overdo it and get worse. My prayers to all!
Sheila
Unread 02-06-2008, 07:09 PM

denise-
thank you- will do that- i took a pain pill as well and after supper - i fell asleep. i know that i have dry skin in that area - i also need to get some lotion there to help it.
thanks again for the idea of the ice pack- should never have done what i did and now i know how to help it......................
katrinamarie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register