Hysterectomy dates Jan 14-Jan 21,2008 - Page 42 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jan 14-Jan 21,2008 Hysterectomy dates Jan 14-Jan 21,2008

Unread 02-08-2008, 02:21 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jan 14-Jan 21,2008

What the coloring reminded me of was when I was pregnant and lost my 'mucus plug'. I only see it when I wipe occasionally. The office is closed now but I will keep watch and call in on Monday. I'll let everyone know what I find out in case someone else has this problem occur.
Raleah
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-08-2008, 08:13 PM

Hello Ladies
I had a mini period last week. My DR had warned me this could happen because I still have a cervix. The DR cauterized my cervix Monday. The procedure is done in the docs office and was uncomfortable, but worth it to hopefully not see a period again.

I have pain from sitting too long. I feel best when I wake up in the morning. I've worked 53 hours this week, and will work all day Saturday too, tax season. I live to work right now. My evenings are on the couch with my sore bottom and swollen belly. DH is interested in more than cuddling, but hasn't been too demanding yet. I wonder how long that will last.

Thank you for sharing your progress. It is a great help to hear how others are recovering.
Unread 02-08-2008, 08:51 PM
Three weeks and counting...

Hi all,

It's taken me three weeks to post, but I am gratefully on the other side now.

While my hospital stay wasn't the greatest, it wasn't awful. I had a total LAVH & BOS (forgive me if I've gotten these abbreviations wrong) - bottom line, they took out all that wasn't tied down...

I've found that the surgery wasn't awful. I was up and walking the next day with very little pain, at least abdominally. My biggest obstacle since day one has been headaches. That's pretty much what has kept me away from the computer all this time.

At week three, I've found that it's not as quick a recovery that I would like & I need to learn to do things in God's time and not my own. I am in hormone hell, despite having started HRT. My body aches all over, the headaches are awful, and I am very short of breath. Other than that, I feel fabulous!

I hope that you all continue to do well & thank for all of the kindness and support.

Ann
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-08-2008, 10:49 PM
Emotional more at one time or another?

I've noticed that I am more emotional more at night than any other time. I am 3 weeks post-op, taking HMT but still the hot flashes (Flashes my foot) and mood dives are driving me crazy. I call the crying jags "leaking stupidness" because they make no sense. SO basically, I'm asking if anyone else has noticed their moods different and any particular time of day?
Unread 02-09-2008, 05:09 AM

Spiderman,

I have finished 3.5 weeks since my last period. I am also seeing some spotting. No smell or pain though.

My Dr told me that I would get this as there was some uterus lining bit left around the cervix. She told me that is should be almost negligible. I will give it three days. In the meantime I will carry a couple of sanitary pads when I leave the house.

J
Unread 02-09-2008, 10:45 AM
4 weeks out -Shopping - not so much! Writing Thank you's - definitely!

If anyone else is still wondering about those lifting restrictions, please learn from my experience:
Last night, I went to dinner with some friends and was feeling pretty good, so I thought, "hey, I'll stop by the grocery to get a few things." I only needed one or two things, but picked up a cart anyway just in case I saw more stuff on my way. Bad idea. I pushed an empty, plastic cart from the front to the back of the store and had to stop. Boy, I'm paying today. I'm walking around the house like a Granny! I feel like I tried to do sit ups and leg lifts and I'm so stiff! So, DONT DO IT!
Everything else is going great, looking forward to that 4 week appointment on Tuesday.
I am sleeping the usual amount again, resting most of the day but trying to walk for 20 minutes at a time, even if it's just around the house picking up or talking on the phone. I've also been writing thank you notes to all my friends who have helped out, called, visited, sent cards and prayed for my speedy recovery. That has been a lot of fun, and has really raised my spirits thinking about how special they all are and being able to tell them so.
My next project is gathering up all the feminine supplies in the house (and the car, and every pocket and handbag I own) and putting them in a big bag to take to the women's shelter!
Unread 02-09-2008, 03:13 PM

Hi Ladies -
I haven't posted for a week+. Been working and sleeping mostly. I worked half days last week and almost full days this past week. My boss has been very understanding when I take 2 hour lunches to have a nap. I get quite tired by the end of the day. Friends sent me a weeks worth of pre-made dinners for 2 (hurrah) so when I got home Thursday and DH asked what was for supper, I told him "Whatever you pull out of the freezer and heat up!" and I went to bed. I have had little pulls and twinges but no pain meds since week 1. I seriously thought about taking a couple percs when I got my braces off a wek ago Friday (second happiest day this year).
All the best to my sisters as we continue our recoveries each at our own pace.
Unread 02-10-2008, 04:30 PM

spshlkaryn-I am doing extremely well, at least I think anyway. I too have a hard time with those carts though. I can push a little then abandon them to the kids. I like to lean on them. I have to take smaller steps than usual and are a bit slower as there seems to be some pulling inside if I do too much. Carts...gotta love 'em, gotta hate 'em.
Unread 02-10-2008, 04:32 PM

J-gonna call the doc and see if they can get me in just to 'look' for my sanity. Prob nothing much. Only a spot here and there through out the weekend. Other than that I'd stopped wearing the panty liners. Had to get them back out again. I feel more crampy than I am spotty. Not too comfortable. We'll see. I'll post after I get in. I wasn't scheduled for a recheck until 6 wks, which is 2 1/2 wks away.
Unread 02-10-2008, 05:16 PM

I went to church this morning for the first time since surgery. I have to laugh. It seems everyone had to tell me how great I looked. Was I supposed to look bad? What were they expecting my face to show what had happened to my insides?
People are so funny.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register