Hysterectomy dates Jan 14-Jan 21,2008 - Page 49 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jan 14-Jan 21,2008 Hysterectomy dates Jan 14-Jan 21,2008

Unread 02-14-2008, 10:38 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jan 14-Jan 21,2008

Agree - all doctors are different. I did not know my doctor until I went to her with gyno concerns - and found her through a co worker who always talked so lovingly of her doctor of 14 years.

When I saw my doctor two weeks ago - it was just to talk and go over path reports. She said "no exam" today - you are healing and I don't want to be the cause of harm. And we talked about my work plan - she signed off on it, complete with note. Had I not been doing so well - she would have said "no".

I have one ovary left, - and it will be one of the topics during my exam tomorrow. I want to know what to look for if it isn't working. The last few nights - I can literally feel the wave of "heat" pass to my head and toes. And most mornings my pj's feel damp - like I was running a race. My only big concern at this point.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-14-2008, 01:47 PM

I go see my doctor tomorrow, I'm hoping he will sign me off to go back to work on Monday. I feel really good, lots of energy. I've been very blessed, my recovery has been pretty uneventful. I was feeling great a week post op & every day after is better. Monday would be, what, the beginning of the sixth week off? Something like that. All I know is that I stopped getting paid after tomorrow, I feel great & am antsy to get back out there. Although I admit, I have really loved slacking for the past 5 weeks!! I have read so many books, watched movies, taken naps. I will miss that! Maybe I should buy a powerball ticket, I could stay home permanently!!
Unread 02-14-2008, 01:52 PM

Thanks to all of you for confirming what I know deep down, we are all different and will heal in our own time. I just get discouraged sometime.
Reading what some of you go through with the sweats, etc., I feel guilty b/c I really haven't had to deal with any of that. I had three weeks of total body aches, headaches, and a few hot flashes, but I'm on HRT and I guess it's kicked in.

Raleah, I'm glad you and your coworker enjoyed my post. If not for humor, I would go nuts...Speaking of humor, it's Valentine's Day, so it must be my turn to cook dinner...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-14-2008, 03:49 PM

My Dr's office scheduled me back at 6 weeks because they didn't have anything sooner, but then called back and made room at 5 weeks. I wasn't concerned becasue my boss told me take six weeks off, it's better that way. She had been through it herself. The main thing still driving me nuts is that I can't sleep comfortably on my stomach. Something is pulling and twinges keeping me from sleeping. I was finally able to sleep on my side last night. Also the radioactive iodine they gave me for my thyroid test has given me a headache. I can't wait till it is out of my system. I do worry that I still won't have as much energy as I need to work a full week right off the bat, but am thankful that my boss will understand if I need to go home to take a nap or shorten my days. The only other thing that scares me to death is sex. But since we haven't gotten there, I guess you all don't know what the outcome will be there. I hope to hear positive stories of it all being fine when we do get there...not to many details though or I'll blush.

God Bless
Unread 02-14-2008, 04:07 PM
hot flashes - even with ovaries

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashvilleGal

I have one ovary left, - and it will be one of the topics during my exam tomorrow. I want to know what to look for if it isn't working. The last few nights - I can literally feel the wave of "heat" pass to my head and toes. And most mornings my pj's feel damp - like I was running a race. My only big concern at this point.

Nasvhille Gal,
Hope you get good news tomorrow. If it's any consolation, even some of us with both ovaries have had hot flashes -- not constant or very many, but it does seem to be a normal part of the healing process. Hope you feel better and have a great appt. tomorrow!
Unread 02-14-2008, 06:55 PM

My DH finally noticed the dust on the tile floors and mopped today. He kept commenting on "how filthy" it was. It made me feel really sad. I tried to dust the furniture as he mopped the floor but I could not keep up with him. I have been doing the cooking and laundry like nothing is different but I could not keep the house clean--- and guess what, neither of us died from the dust. We have construction all around us and it seems like they are building the houses inside of mine and not along side it.

I do feel guilty a bit because I have returned to my fun things like my canasta, bunco and mah jongg groups. Yes, I am the old lady of the group but hopefully you too will get to retire one day when you are 52 and have worked for 31 years. I've been retired for 8 years and I enjoy my full days of fun activities. Life is good.

Kay
Unread 02-14-2008, 07:00 PM

I thought my HRT kicked in a few days after I started taking it, but now, I don't know. I still have night-sweats and body aches like crazy. And my fingers are swollen for the first time in my life. Now, to some, that may be old hat. Like you might swell after yard work or maybe some have arthritis, or, some people's fingers swell when they go on a walk or something. But if they have never swollen before, for any reason, it's alarming, not to sound too dramatic. And I feel downright decrepit. My whole body hurts. Maybe it's because I didn't start taking HRT until 16 days after my surgery? It's like I jumped out of the frying pan and into the fire, from horrible, painful, hemorrhagic periods to feeling like I'm 100 years old.
Do I need a higher dose of HRT? I'll check with my Dr when I go back the end of Feb.
I had a TAH BSO-recovery fine, but what's with the achy body?
Unread 02-14-2008, 07:35 PM

Okay - truth time. My body does ache at the end of the day. I chalk it up to recovery and regaining ground. I do not hurt and I am not in pain. So I anticipate that it is using muscles that were in "okay" shape to begin with but far from humming. I am 47 years old, mother of lots of children, (yes more than 6) grandmother to one and a development officer in a non profit that rocks. And I have been cheating and reading emails since day 4 after surgery...not answering until this week - but working none the less.

I fully anticipate that I will ping and pang for some time. I want to be fully informed of what is going on - so that when I through my covers off at 2 a.m. or even better, start sleeping in the nude - I know why and can go back to sleep.

Happy Valnetine's evening ya'll. Sweet Husband is cleaning up the kitchen from our in house dinner. We had reservations and cancelled them...I opted to make his favorites as a surprise. An extra thank you to him for being so understanding the past 4 weeks. Really longer as I think about it, he suffered through my horrible pain and bleeding prior to surgery.

NashvilleGal
Unread 02-15-2008, 01:35 PM

My doctor released me to the world, says he doesn't need to see me for a year unless I have problems! I was given the heads up to resume all activity, but I definitely plan on taking it slow. I know I won't be back to my 45 minute sessions on the elliptical right away. I did have some granulation, but he took care of it with silver nitrate. I didn't have any symptoms of this, no discharge or bleeding so I was a bit surprised to hear it. So unless I win the Powerball tomorrow, I will be going back to work on Monday!
Unread 02-15-2008, 02:33 PM

Congrats, Suzanne! That is such great news! Enjoy your weekend. I know you'll be back on that elliptical before you know it!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register