Hysterectomy dates Jan 14-Jan 21,2008 - Page 53 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jan 14-Jan 21,2008 Hysterectomy dates Jan 14-Jan 21,2008

Unread 02-19-2008, 09:59 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jan 14-Jan 21,2008

renvrgs,
Thanks for telling me..I will hang in there..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-19-2008, 10:01 PM

NewBestFriend,
The feeling you are going through I was told it happens. Some days I am moody, depress and stress and I kept my ovaries. My Dr. told me that my hormones are going through some changes so it will take time to adjust. Things do get better as I was told but I haven't reach that destiny yet. I am in my 5th week and things aren't moving quickly enough for me-patience is a virtual I guess. Be Bless and Hang in there we are here for you..
Unread 02-20-2008, 06:59 AM

I had my post=op check up yesterday and Dr. said everything is great, I am released. She reminded me to be mindful of my body when I felt pain or tiredness to back off. She also told me that the twinges were sutures and they could take up to another 2 months to dissolve, but then the twinges should go away. She also told me they found that I had Adenomysis and that this was more than likely the cause of my pains not the fibroids and also the reason my natural treatments were not working. It was a good thing we went trough with the hysterectomy as the pain was getting worse and worse. I have started having the fun hormones again. With the uterus they took my iud and iwth iud went the premarin. I am seeing my PCM on friday for the results of my post-op thyroid test.

I am glad to hear so many of you are doing well also and that a few have tried sex and found it well. Thank you for you posts on that subject as they are truly helping me to relax more about trying sex. Hubby is dying to try so I think we may this weekend.

Have a great week..I am going to shop till I can't shop anymore (2 hours max) and then rest. I am one size bigger after surgery and can't stand to squeeze into anything. I have got to get clothes before I can go back to work.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-20-2008, 07:14 AM

Wow great to hear some are doing so well. I still feel exhausted from doing minor things. Feel like I will never have energy again!! Did so well the first week after surgery and now have slowed down to almost a crawl.

Luckily my husband is still spoiling me!! He has been wonderful.
Unread 02-20-2008, 07:49 AM

desertwindflowe,

So glad your post op went so well and that you are feeling great!! My second post op appt is tomorrow. Things have been better this week than the previous weeks. I'm not being catered to anymore. My incision is getting itchy and I'm still a bit swollen . I have some feeling in the area but not much. I lost weight but the belly is still big. Not going to start back at the gym yet - don't want to injure myself. I get tired about 8pm and have to go to bed... taking lots of vitamins. Want to be in as healthy as possible when I go back to work next week. My husband went away on business today for 2.5 weeks and when he gets back I should be all set to go in the "sex" dept... He still will not look at the incision... hoping by this time next month I will feel almost 100% better and no more periods to bog me down!!
Unread 02-20-2008, 09:43 AM

Just got back from my six week check up. The repairs are not quite healed and neither is the vaginal cuff so no sex for two more weeks. No weight bearing exercises until 12 weeks although I begged her to let me do some sooner as my weight is at an all time high in my entire life. It is not a pretty number at all-----

I am allowed to take a bath but with no bubbles or additives. I am allowed back to my water aerobics class but can't touch the weights like I said above. I am assuming that I can go back to pilates but I don't like those classes so I will just walk, walk, walk.

It did not hurt to have the internal so I guess I am as happy as I can be with the results. I wish the sex restriction was lifted but I guess there isn't anything I can do about that. My blood pressure was outrageous 167/82 so I have to deal with that with my PCP.

Just thought I'd check in here.

Kay
Unread 02-20-2008, 10:19 AM
How are we doing with stretching NOW?

Hello sisters,

I haven't checked in here in nearly 2 weeks, as I went to the Daytona 500 of all things. Did pretty well except for the first day in which we flew in AND went to a race all in one day. It involved extensive walking which continues to be difficult for me, to my great consternation.

I haven't had a chance to catch up completely on all the posts in my absence, but I'm wondering if you are still having trouble with stretching. I find that I accidentally do it in those foggy waking moments. I mentioned to my doc at my 3.5 week checkup and he poo pooed it and said I couldn't hurt myself that way. Well I'm here to tell you I'm at 5 weeks now, I accidentally stretched this morning and I am in incredible pain today. I am very concerned that this is pulling my internal stitches and creating scar tissue! I can't go the rest of my life without stretching!! Anyone else still having this problem??

Great to see the reports of people getting up and about and going off to work!

Thanks all,

Susan
Unread 02-20-2008, 11:11 AM

I was told to slowly get back into stretching by a friend of mine who is a physical therapist, she said because even when its healed that there is tenderness aroung any scar, but I will tell you from a past c-section they had cut out muscle tissue and it took me a full year to fully stretch, so you will stretch again but start with baby steps, and do stretch slowly and conservatively, letting your body set its boundries. But you will live to stretch another day and hopefully soon without pain
Unread 02-20-2008, 03:23 PM

Well, I survived my third day back at work. I've actually been feeling really good, barely notice the incision anymore. The gal who was covering for me while I was out, however, called in sick with the flu the past two days. Now I'm not feeling too swift, I hope I didn't catch her virus! Everyone at work has been so nice, so happy to see me. It's nice to know I was missed!
Unread 02-20-2008, 03:48 PM

Well, I am ok today. The last couple of days I did too much and felt it.
We have a trip planned for next weekend for my son's b-day, so I hope I will be up to it.
I plan on taking the pain pills with me just in case. I just really want to get out of the house. I seem to be getting stir-crazy.
many people are dealing with the flu right now, so I am trying to stay away from it. I just hope I don;t over do things.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register