Hysterectomy dates Jan 14-Jan 21,2008 - Page 54 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jan 14-Jan 21,2008 Hysterectomy dates Jan 14-Jan 21,2008

Unread 02-21-2008, 06:54 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jan 14-Jan 21,2008

I am sorry to hear some of you are still having a rough go of it.

I found a few things yesterday shopping but definately overdid it. All my muscles are sore this morning. More so in the legs and arms, but with a little pulling around the stitches. I called my boss last night to tell her I could go back to work part time next week. If I don't go back to work, I will probably continue to exhaust myself shopping. My DD doesn't get that I still get tired easy and keeps pushing. I have a Mammogram this morning. I called yesterday to make the appt. and they had an opening. It worked out great for me, that way I won't have to take off work to go.

Hubby is out of town this week. It is driving me nuts because he has the dogs so spoiled. They get up at 3:30am to go outside and pee. If you don't get up they bark and whine till you do get up. Then they get up at 5:30am (when hubby usually get up and ready for work). I am so exhausted. I dont know how he does it or why he doesn't break them of this habit. They go out at 10pm before I go to bed. I think they should be able to make it through the night.

Have a great day!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-21-2008, 07:08 AM

HI,

I planned on doing the shopping thing today too. I have my 5 week obgyn appt today and am going to ask him for a release to go back to work next wednesday, which will be 6 weeks. I feel good but will have to take it easy at work for a few days. I getting so bored being home. My job has been great about it and they've sent me work home so I can keep my mind sharp! I would love to continue to stay home and get paid for it.. I want to get some new clothes before returning to work. I'll take it slow...
Unread 02-21-2008, 07:37 AM

Paula-Glad to see you are back and finally on the road to recovery....about the sex thread..my doc said try when you feel like it. Said his stitches were secure not to worry about it. Well I waited until recently. It was scary. I felt sorta like the first time but after the initial...Oh I'm going to be ok...it was fine. Better even because I was in a lot of pain before from the fibroids! Freedom comes in many ways!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-21-2008, 07:59 AM

Oh I forgot to add...we are having company and with great consideration I decided to try the vacuum. Boy I can see how that uses the tummy!!! I was able to do 2 rooms (small areas) easily but felt it...I stopped knowing my limitations. Told hubby..the rest is his. I won't do that too often. I didn't hurt anything or push too much physially but I can sure see how that can mess one's insides up!!
Unread 02-21-2008, 09:30 AM

Hi Denise2008
Good Luck with your Doc Visit I go for my 6 weeks check up next week. I start work Mar 3rd. I need to return to work so i can get back on payroll again. I am feeling much better today and I have been walking one time around the mall since Monday. Doctor said that is good exercise and it helps me keep myself insane because I love the mall and shopping. Right now I am still in denial because of my swollen belly and refuse to buy larger sizes because I plan on loosing some weight one day soon. But I decided I am going to have a new attitude on life when I return to work in March so that means new look with clothes....To all my ladies take it easy and listen to your body because if not you will hurt badly take my advice. Well god bless to all my strong sisters..
Unread 02-21-2008, 09:44 AM

Any one else just going crazy....? I am now able to see how dirty my house has gotten. I want to deep clean !!!!! I know if I do I will hurt, though. I cleaned out my bath tub on Tuesday.( The DR gave ok to take a tub bath) Let me tell you I needed that bath after cleaning it. I was in so much pain. I just want to be back to normal.
Unread 02-21-2008, 11:10 AM

Hi Carla,

Went to the obgyn today. He looked at the incision and said looks good and it's "healed" closed. I thought he was going to do an internal but he didn't. I forgot to asking him a few things, ugh!! I hate that. I asked him to write me a release to start work on Wed, and he did. He said I have no restrictions but I know body and how I feel. I will not be lifting anything heavy and no gym for another month. I thought he would have spent more time with me but didn't. I felt rushed in his office today. My husband is away for the next 2 weeks so I don't have to worry about being scared about the sex part. Still going to take it easy. Denise
Unread 02-21-2008, 01:11 PM

Hi Denise,
Glad to hear things went well at the doc today. I hate when they rush through your appointment. I go next Monday. I know you are glad things are finally getting back to normal kind of..My DH will be home tomorrow he travels every week with his job so the sex part will be easy to work with I told him 8 weeks anyway instead of the 6..haha Well I am on my way to my nephew play at U of Miami he is a junior in the drama major dept. Talk to you later.
Unread 02-21-2008, 02:37 PM

I have my appt next wed, and am looking forward to getting released to go to work. I'm going nuts at home. I'm on SDI, but need the interactions with people.

Have any of you found yourselves super tired, I mean sleepy tired, for no reason? I felt great last week, and didn't overdo or anything, but all I want to do this week is sleep.

Still hormonal, but now instead of yelling, I want to cry. Whatever, it'll go away soon. It better!
Unread 02-21-2008, 02:45 PM

Hi, Yes I find myself sleepy tired. I go back to work next wednesday and I'm looking foward to it. I'm not feeling guilty for sleeping during the day because once I go back to work, the hectic schedule will start and no more afternoon naps. I still have things to do at home but don't feel like doing them. Being home is enough now. Although it's nice not to have to get up early to have to be at work... belly still swollen, doctor said it will go down. went looking for clothes today, dresses and skirts since belly is big and can't zip pants. wasn't in the mood to shop - left to go home to sleep. Denise

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register