Hysterectomy dates Jan 14-Jan 21,2008 - Page 57 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jan 14-Jan 21,2008 Hysterectomy dates Jan 14-Jan 21,2008

Unread 02-25-2008, 10:54 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jan 14-Jan 21,2008

Hi sisters,
Well I went to my 6 weeks post op today and things are looking good. the Doc said not to return to work til March 3rd which will be 7 weeks. I am a teacher so I do stand a lot. I told my principal I can't do a lot of standing and she said that is fine I can adjust my classroom to work for me so i can continue to heal. My students really miss me and they said that they will take care of me when I return I thought that was so cute..This is 1st grade...Anyway my Doc gave my internal and external exam and I thought it was going to hurt but it didn't I was surprise. He said that everything usually takes about 3 months to heal and one year to completed be back to yourself if not sooner. I feel great and each week is stronger. This website is the best and I will recommend this site to any ladies who will be having the surgery it is a blessing to listen and talk to ladies who are experiencing the same problems. Be Bless Sisters and hang in there..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-25-2008, 03:38 PM

The pelvic exam post surgery was not as bad as I thought it would be also. I chalked it up to being pain free for the first time in many years - therefore the discomfort was minimal.
Unread 02-25-2008, 03:54 PM

At least your doctor gave you some insight on the healing, mine didn't. But, I expected about 3 months. Thanks for the info.. yes, this is a great site!! Thank you too all who take the time to encourage us and help us get through this path in our lives. Denise
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-26-2008, 10:16 AM

I went back to work yesterday (ER registrar). Of course of all days I came down with the chills, cough and body aches in the morning. I work 2nd shift so I was on the couch for a couple hours before going to work at 3 pm. I told my boss I would probably leave after 4 hours but another worker had to leave at 5pm (vomiting) so I stuck it out until 11:30 pm. Glad to say I am off today and just taking it easy. I am so thankful I am part time for now as I get tired out easy.

Loree (LAVH)
Unread 02-26-2008, 11:00 AM

I have felt so good the last 2 days, I went shopping. I drove to 4 stores to find a Nintendo DS for my son's birthday.... Finally found 1 left at a store. You would think it was Christmas..........
But, I got it. And I still feel good. Did I also mention, I am in my sexy panties and jeans?????
Unread 02-26-2008, 04:12 PM

I went back to work yesterday. I am working 5 hour days. I was beat when I got home and took a 2 hour nap. Today, I did much better. Haven't had the nap, but will probably go to bed a bit early. I've been wearing the Swelly Belly Band plus my belly band from the hospital. That rig has kept my abdomin from ballooning into a swell, thankfully! We are all on the mend. For that I am so grateful!
Unread 02-26-2008, 05:15 PM

Went for my checkup today.......I can get back to normal life finally!! Doctor has put no limitations except to stop if I start feeling sore or tired. Just a few more days before going back to work. Good luck everyone, we've been on a difficult journey and are getting strong.
Unread 02-26-2008, 09:25 PM

OK this may be TMI but I know alot of us have been dealing with it......
I have been like a hormone ravaged teenager that wants something they are not allowed to have. So, like a teenager, I cheated LOL........ I figure many of you had It was the best I had had since I was a teenager (sorry) Wow, I probably won't tell the DR though.....HEHE
Unread 02-27-2008, 08:02 AM

See, my DH wants us to do "it" . I went to the doctor 2 weeks ago & he said nothing inside for 2 more weeks. Okay, that is yesterday. My problem is he said that b/c he wanted to see me in 2 weeks for my final appt. Well, he is out of town so my 2 week appt. has turned into a 3 week. My DH thinks it will be okay b/c he said 2 weeks. I don't know if we should wait until I see the doc again or go for it !! I am more than willing I just don't want to do something that I shouldn't right now. I am 6 weeks out now. Any advice ladies ????
Unread 02-27-2008, 08:51 AM

My DR had said wait 6 weeks before anything is inserted in the vagina.......
You're 6 weeks out If you haven't had any pain or discharge..... I don't know. I think I just may have become a horn ball.....LOL

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register