Hysterectomy dates Jan 14-Jan 21,2008 - Page 59 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jan 14-Jan 21,2008 Hysterectomy dates Jan 14-Jan 21,2008

Unread 02-28-2008, 09:19 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jan 14-Jan 21,2008

Hello to all,
Had 6 week check up today and got released for work and fun. Don't need to go back for a year. DR said I was the poster child for recovery. No significant pain past the 3rd week, no bleeding, no discharge, no fever. Started Estrace last Friday. Completely uneventful recovery! I'd recommend this in a heartbeat. Best wishes to all!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-29-2008, 10:25 AM

Hi Sisters,
Well today is my last day before I return to work and for those ladies who have already begin work remember to take it easy and listen to your body. I begin exercising treadmill only for 30 mins a day and I am feeling okay. I am having headaches again so I am not sure if it is related to my surgery. Well time went by fast and we are still healing but thanks to this website and wonderful sisters things are working well. Be Bless Always and lets keep in touch.
Unread 03-01-2008, 08:34 AM

Hi Sisters,
Went to DR for 6 week check and got clearance for work and "fun". He said I was the poster child of recovery. All I did was follow his post op orders to the letter. All my sisters on this site sure made the time go fast.
When I first came to this site pre-op and saw those asking for help with complications and bad days, I was terrified!! I posted asking for some positive outcomes and the sisters responded to settle my fears. I truly believe I made the right choice. The information I received here made my pre-op planning and recovery so successful.
I've enjoyed being off but am ready to get back to my friends at work. Thank you for all the advice and support provided thru this site. I hope to provide the same for all those to follow. Best wishes to all!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-01-2008, 11:27 PM

Well ladies, I am 6weeks+ post op and doing pretty good. I am not healing as quickly and have been put on estrogen tabs to aid the healing. I have been cleared for everything but heavy lifting and sex. (poor hubby) but due to the extensive repairs I had done I honestly am not ready for it. I have had some sortening of the cervix, and finger exams and speculums have made me bleed slightly. I still have tenderness coughing and sneezing as well. But I am 95% better since the beginning. Hope you all are doing well...
Unread 03-03-2008, 09:57 AM

Well, I was 6 weeks post-op last friday. I do not see the Dr until tomorrow. So, I have until Wed. to be home. It will be so weird to go back to work after 6 weeks. I feel really good though.Almost back to normal. I only hurt every once in a while. I taught 2 and 3 yr olds at church yesterday. So, I was a little worn out that afternoon. But feel ok today. We'll see how work does.
Unread 03-03-2008, 10:29 AM

I did my Morning bus run and just got home forgot how easy a schoo bus was to drive and that I now have a 3 hour break to take some advil and a nap before I have to go back again! actually dont even feel like I need the advil. Still have discharge so need to call the DR thought it would go away with the Augmenten but hasn't yet so probably more tests yuck!!
Unread 03-03-2008, 11:30 AM

kkhill here we go again... I had a bladder infection & took antibiotics. I actually never felt like I had a bladder infection, just a little discharge. NOW I feel like I have a bladder infection !! When does the vicious cycle stop ? I go to the doc on Thursday. I really don't want any more medicine. I wonder if the antibiotics may have caused a yeast infection ? Let's it didn't. Keep me posted. Best wishes
Karen
Unread 03-03-2008, 11:54 AM

Alright Karen I will let you know what my DR says so you know what is coming next LOL I just cant wait for them to figure this out I just don't want to have to buy more pads
Unread 03-03-2008, 12:28 PM

I haven't had to wear any pads or pantyliners in quite some time thank goodness. It just feels like there is pressure every now & then. I hope it's not b/c my DH & I did the dirty that's making me feel this way. My goodness I waited over 6 weeks. I hope everything works out for ya real soon. I return to work on Friday & work the whole weekend. I work a 12hr. rotation. Not looking forward to it all !! I've been spoiled the past couple of weeks actually being able to enjoy being @ home. Best wishes..
Unread 03-03-2008, 03:49 PM

Dear Sisters...I have an odd one. I was released by Dr. 2 weeks ago and was fine then, but now I am having some external itching going on. Similar to a yeast infection or bladder infection but without any discharge and my pee is clear. Does anyone know what might be causing the irritation. I hate to go to Dr. if it is just that my skin is dry because of the hysterectomy, but I am not sure that is what it is.

My only other irritation is that this has aggravated my sciatica and it is burning really bad. I started walking but find that I have to be careful. My leg will only move so fast and if I try to walk faster it feels like I am dragging it. Is anyone else having trouble with a leg or legs after surgery?

I pray that you are all well and blessed

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register