Hysterectomy dates Jan 14-Jan 21,2008 - Page 62 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jan 14-Jan 21,2008 Hysterectomy dates Jan 14-Jan 21,2008

Unread 03-20-2008, 07:13 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jan 14-Jan 21,2008

Oops I had my surgery Jan 23rd 08 not 07
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-20-2008, 07:15 PM

OK I am still the slow one! not back to work got a cyat on mu ovary looking into a second opinion to see of there is scar tissue or adhesions just have still not had a day without pain glad to hear I am the only trouble child and everyone is doing well
Unread 03-20-2008, 07:18 PM

I, too, am back to work. Went back March 3, at the 6 week mark. I feel wonderful. At my 6 week check up some stitches were not fully dissloved and I went back at 8 weeks to see if they were gone. They were but now I have 3 spots of granulation tissue that were treated with silver nitrate. Have to go back at 10 weeks and see how the spots are healing. Will they continue to do silver nitrate applications every two weeks until they are healed? And how long do they usually take to heal? Guess I should have asked a few questions while I was there...lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-20-2008, 07:21 PM

kkhill: Hope things start to get better for you. My thoughts and prayers are coming your way.
Unread 03-20-2008, 07:35 PM

After having severe pain in my right abdomen area, a CT scan was taken and it revealed a very large cyst on my ovary. My doctor did not feel it necessary to remove it when I had the hysterectomy, since he said I would go into immediate menopause and I wouldn't be able to take any meds for it since I am on blood thinners. Now he is going to have to go back in, which I'm not looking forward to. I started working part-time at a new job two weeks ago, but really wasn't ready, so I had to let it go...hopefully just temporarily. Have to go in for a sonogram next week and then the surgery will be scheduled-will keep you posted.
Unread 03-20-2008, 07:39 PM

kkhill
so you had an LAVH 1/18/07 and you are still having pain? Please get a second opinion, if you have an ovarian cyst they are very painfull, I had them way before my LAVH about 10 years ago. they stopped mysteryously. I was seeing a nutritionist so maybe that is what did it? let us all know what happens. Use a heating pad it will do wonders
Unread 03-21-2008, 09:17 AM

It's been a while since I posted. I have been so busy returning to work. I have had so much to clean up from being out..... and my dad having surgery.
I had to travel to IN ( 8 hours one way) my father had 3 stints placed in his heart. The drive wore me out.
I am still sore every once in a while. My DR said it could take 6 months to a year to feel normal. I am just so exhausted.
I have to drive 6 hours tomorrow to pick up my children from my in-laws.
I just want a break!!!!!!!!!!!! I miss my 6 weeks
Unread 03-21-2008, 02:33 PM

I so feeeeeel ya, when I felt well enough to go downstairs they had rearanged the furniture, but the kitchen was like bachelor clean, not mom or female clean. So it took me 3 hours to clean behind the microwave, wipe down counters, sweep, oh and god throw out the food I had made 7 weeks earlier that had been left over.
We will wear out fast I am told, but that yes we will get better, when women have children we are pregnant 9 months and not ourselves physically for at least another 2 months so basically a year. So I can't wait until January or Febuary of 2009.
I do some shopping but again I so feel you because I tire too easily and driving for too long is very tiring. I have to lay down every day around 1:00 for at least an hour, to make it through my day, and still have to sit somewhere soft or comfortable. But boy am I glad I don't feel like I did before the surgery, I will take this any day to the prior LAVH days!

Yipeeeeee!
Unread 03-21-2008, 05:59 PM

I'm so glad to hear from you all. Sorry kkhill, you will feel better soon I pray. I too have been back to work for about 2 weeks. I too find myself tiring very easily. I have been walking my butt of on the treadmill and get this... I lost 8 pounds after surgery & now I have gained the 8 back plus 2. Other than that I am doing wonderful. Best wishes to all...
Unread 03-22-2008, 07:56 AM

I almost forgot.... I finally started eating right again. I haven't really exercised, and I have lost 8 pounds!!!!!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register