Hysterectomy dates Jan 14-Jan 21,2008 - Page 63 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jan 14-Jan 21,2008 Hysterectomy dates Jan 14-Jan 21,2008

Unread 03-22-2008, 10:20 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jan 14-Jan 21,2008

I was so excited right after surgery. I lost 5 pounds that I had been trying to get off for years. Then in the weeks that followed, I gained it all back. Grr. I should AT LEAST be down 2 pounds cuz that's how much my fibroids weighed, right?? Argh. I keep telling myself that know I'm actively exercising again & the pounds will drop off eventually. I still have a bit of a swelly belly so that's not helping the attitude either. Don't get me wrong, I am SOOOO glad I had the procedure done. But I wish the scale would match my happiness!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-22-2008, 10:38 AM

For me its like my body reset, I eat healthy and crave healthy and before surgery chocolates were my secret buddy lol
Unread 03-22-2008, 06:34 PM

OK so I called HR at the School District and they are going to try and find me something to do besides drive a bus LOL it is great working for them I told them I was on a week to week basis on driving and they really do not want to have to pay me Long term disability.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-26-2008, 06:16 PM

Dear Friends,

I pray that you are all well. I am back to work and enjoying it, but am finding it sssooo tiring. I thought I was supposed to have more energy after my hysterectomy......anyway, I made an appointment with a nutritionist to see if she can figure out why I am so tired. I figured it could be that I have to change my diet now that I am not hormonal all the time. She also said that it could still be hormones or lack there of. Either way I am tired of the fog and tiredness. I do hope she can figure it out. My doctors have already refused to give me any hormones because my tests are within "normal" range. They were within normal range last year when I was losing my mind from too much estrogen, so I don't think that really helps. I am enjoying my awake hours though and can't wait until I am less tired. I have resisted using caffeine and sugar to give me that extra pep and zip since I know it is not good for me. What's bad is sugar without caffeine perks me too, I mentioned this to the nutritionist and she wants to look at my sugar also.

Here's to more energetic days ahead.

God BLess
Unread 03-26-2008, 06:42 PM

I was worried too as I simply feel like I have zero energy and if I force myself to do something it is like my body simply shuts down, I fall asleep almost anywhere and even sitting up and feel completely exhausted. Talked to doctors and they just say "Its normal, you'll come back" well seems we are part of over 70% of hyster sisters

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpag...51C0A9649C8B63
Unread 03-27-2008, 01:01 AM

Have you had your iron checked? that effects your energy.
Unread 03-27-2008, 06:33 AM

I hadn't thought about iron. It is in my supplements and I think I get enough red meat. I will start monitoring the meat though. The Nutritionist will be able to tell if my iron is low. She does a thorough test to see what deficiancies I have. I told her the weird thing is that I am craving Coke. I don't typically drink many soft drinks, but I am craving it and when I drink it, it makes me feel so much better. Still I am resisting drinking it because it is not healthy. So there is something...sugar, caffeine or other that my body needs. I just need to find a healthy choice for my body other than that soda.

Thank you for the suggestion, I will check it out.
Unread 03-27-2008, 08:43 AM

Now that I have been back to work for a couple of weeks, I WANT TO QUIT!!!!!!!!!
I don't know if it hormones or what but I am a wreck and stressed.
I want to go to a different job!
Unread 03-27-2008, 05:05 PM

Well just a little update for my favorite sisters. the Left ovary I kept well it seems as though it has become plagued with cysts. I have yet to be back at work do to the pained caused by the one little ovary I left. So think of me come April 10th as I will be back on the table getting that pesky bugger removed. The only really bad thind that bothers me is I had a lavh and to get this one pesky ovary he has to do it abdominally. So this is my update glad to hear most of us are back to work and doing well with out hormones rageing
Unread 03-27-2008, 05:17 PM

KK,
I'm so sorry to hear that! That completely bites! Well, I guess it is better now that you at least know what was causing you trouble. We'll be thinking about you. Hang in there. Maybe it'll still be a small incision, although, I know, not as small as the Laparoscope. Here's to a speedy recovery for you.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register