Hysterectomy dates Jan 14-Jan 21,2008 - Page 66 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jan 14-Jan 21,2008 Hysterectomy dates Jan 14-Jan 21,2008

Unread 05-06-2008, 02:11 PM
Unhappy - Hysterectomy dates Jan 14-Jan 21,2008 Not feeling great anymore!

Well I certainly spoke too soon. The last few days have been bad. I've had alot of sharp jabbing pains in my right side, I'm swollen and have a bad discharge.

Have an appt with the DR on Friday to see if this is normal or just what is happening with all of this. My husband says I've been overdoing it with walking, vacuuming and lots of hours at work. What a pain; literally!

Anyone else with similar problems? I sure hope not!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-07-2008, 06:05 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jan 14-Jan 21,2008

Sorry about your issues now I'm doing really well, almost back to the my old routine. I've been slowly working my way back up to my pre-op fitness level...almost there!
Unread 05-07-2008, 07:48 PM

Still have sharp pains around the incision and pulling on the right side. The doc discovered that he must loosen the bladder sling and possibly have to remove my ovaries since cysts are everywhere - he didn't want to do this initially because it would "push me into menopause" and since I'm on blood thinners, I can't take hormones - so he wanted to spare me the "agony". Now, I wish he'd taken it all out at the same time! Anyway, it's scheduled for the 29th of May - keep me in your thoughts and prayers!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-08-2008, 06:09 AM

Hi Suzanne & Lady Dawn,
Just curious Suzanne, what was your pre op fitness routine? I was walking @ 4 miles a day but now have stayed at about 2 miles a day. My husband says I'm overdoing it with that. Have a DR appt this morning. Need to see whats going on. I thought I'd be pain free by now.
Lady Dawn, I hope the best for you. My DR took EVERYTHING out, and I started on ESTRASORB the next week. Haven't had any menopause symptoms at all. Wishing you well on the 29th!
Unread 05-08-2008, 05:56 PM

Hi Wessa!
My preop work out included the Arc Trainer 3 times a week for 45 minutes. The Arc is a cross between an elliptical & a stair stepper. I was at level 6 preop & I'm finally back up to level 5. I also did some Pilates & weight lifting twice a week preop, I'm doing both of those cautiously too. I guess it really depends on how your feeling...if you feel up to it, try to go a bit farther every day. But don't jump right back at 4 miles. I slowly added a few minutes on the Arc each week until I was back to the 45 minutes total. After I hit the 45 minute mark, I started increasing the levels (I started back at level 3 after surgery). I kept track of my calories using a heart rate monitor, so I could tell easier when my body wasn't being challenged as much & then adjusted my routine accordingly. I just added the Pilates & weight training about 3 weeks ago. I wanted to make sure my tummy was well rested before I did any core training. Listen to your body, it will tell you when to slow down! That's my 2 cents....I'm a bit of a freak about working out. I lost 25 pounds from Atkins about 4 years ago & do NOT want it back!!
Unread 05-08-2008, 06:08 PM

Hi Suzanne,
You are a very disciplined lady aren't you? Thats really great! I know what you mean about not wanting the weight back. I lost 10 pounds in one day when they removed the huge fibroids! I'm now back down to my size 0, and today at the DR office, I weighed in at 92 pounds. Thats just right for me, I'm only 5 feet tall. Before the surgery I was exercising and dieting like crazy because I was getting so thick around the middle. Wish I would have known it was all the fibroids, not getting fat! Anyhow, went to the DR today and she said my vaginal cuff wasn't healing due to granulation, so she applied silver nitrate to it. Caused a little stinging, and now its starting to cramp, but nothing horrible. She also said the pain I've been having is probably because I lifted a heavy Trader Joe's bag the other day. She did say though that the walking was good for me, but as you mentioned, to listen to my body and slow down if I feel I need to.

Take care,
Melissa
Unread 05-10-2008, 02:20 PM

Oh yes, disciplined to the point of being anal retentive I think You lucky duck, I lost 2 pounds of fibroids but the scale isn't reflecting it at all. I dropped 5 pounds right after surgery but it found me again. Grr. I saw my primary doctor on Thursday & had my thyroid checked. I'm curious to see if it was affected at all by the surgery. I doubt it, but the last time I gained weight, he had to adjust my Synthroid levels. In the meantime, me & the Arc are very good friends! I had some granulation too, same treatment. Dr said he didn't need to see me for a year! YAHOO! And my primary doc said I didn't need to do the PAP or physical exam every year now. Can I hear an amen?? LOL The list of benefits from this procedure keep growing! No pain, no bloating, no periods. This was truly the best thing I've done for myself. Although I have to admit, I'm getting sick of the pity looks from other women when they hear I've had it done & we don't have kids. I'm not upset, why should they be?? Do I look unhappy? Uh NO! I'm dancing in the streets here in Omaha!
Unread 05-10-2008, 07:19 PM

My doctor told me at my post op check-up that I still need the yearly PAP to check for vaginal cancer.
Unread 05-12-2008, 04:53 PM

My doc did mention that too, but he said there was no family history & all my previous PAPS were clear so it would be ok to skip a year.
Unread 05-13-2008, 07:16 PM
Pain after LAVH

Hello Ladies

I had LAVH on Jan 14. My left overy was also removed. My question is, does anyone still have PMS and menstral cramping? I thought my problems would be gone. Once a month I have this and terrible cramping down my legs. My doctor wanted to save my overies, but was only able to save one. I had endometrosis. I am afraid I am going to end up getting my right overy out. I have started a low dose hormone. So maybe this will help. One thing really concerned me yesterday, I had this very sharp pain in the middle of my stomach like "everything was going to fall out" the pain was so bad, I couldn't move. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this. I had the "everything falling out" feeling before my surgery on a monthly basis, but this is the first time since surgery. Will it ever end?
Thanks,
Emily

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register