Hysterectomy dates Jan 14-Jan 21,2008 - Page 68 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jan 14-Jan 21,2008 Hysterectomy dates Jan 14-Jan 21,2008

Unread 01-20-2009, 09:31 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jan 14-Jan 21,2008

Happy anniversary to all of my Hyster-sisters :-) I too have been bad about checking in and I will def do better in 2009.

Well as for me, I have been doing good. A lot has happened since last Jan 17th but God, my family, friends and you have helped me through it :-) I got an infection after surgery that almost killed me and I think mentally that has stuck in my mind for all of these months.

I have been working hard at home and work and my body never seems to catch a break but we know how that goes when we are everyone's superwoman :-)

Sex with the hubby Is really good but it seems like now, I am not too attractive to him. I did put on more pounds and I get tired of always making the first move. I guess this will get better in time :-)

Please keep in touch and I love you all!!

Stacey
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-20-2009, 11:31 PM

Everyone here has a 1 year check-up My Dr said I was done well not true I am seeing a new younger, smarter, better looking Dr for pain that has gotten worse My GP says probably adhesions well we will se he says the new Dr does things Lap that no other Dr in the practice will do Glad to here of all the happy times I too have only had 1 or two migraines the past year. So something is going right
Unread 01-23-2009, 06:35 PM

Kkhill I am also having problems.I too am seeing a new Dr. We moved to Indiana 2 months ago. I have a cyst on the only ovary I have and one ruptured last week. I also have scar tissue where I had the left removed. They want to go back in....... i wish I would have just had them take it all!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-23-2009, 09:58 PM

Hello,
My anniversary was January 6th. I too have not missed the heavy periods or the once a month migraines that last several days. I have done well post-operatively with only a couple of issues. I too still have migraines but not as frequently and not for as long. I still have my ovaries so it makes me wonder what my hormones are doing, especially since I still get them around the time my cycle should have been. My main issue is my bowels. Post-op constipation was a big issue for me and I was advised that it would just take some time and to take Miralax. A year later, my bowels do not move as often and I really have to strain and force them to move. At times, I get really uncomfortable, my belly gets bloated and I get nauseated from not having a bowel movement. I am still occasionally taking Miralax just to get them to move and at times it is painful, feeling like my bowel is going to come out through my stomach when I push to have a bowel movement. I go this next month for my follow-up annual pap smear and visit so I will again mention it to the Dr.
Sexually, I had no problems post-op with still as much libido and no problems with vaginal dryness. My husband however, is not as interested in sex anymore and we have really cut back on how much we have. Because of this, we have had several arguments and after being turned down time and time again, I have just decided to give up the fight which is making me lose interest now also. Any suggestions?

Cindy
Unread 01-25-2009, 06:42 PM

Nikki we have always seemed to be around the same thing I am glad I had them take out the left ovary in April now to figure out what is going on now good luck with the new Dr
Unread 02-05-2009, 04:14 PM

Hello everyone! I finally got in to the doctor for my one year post op. He found some granulation again & seems like he was down there forever using the silver nitrate. It still freaking hurts & he did this almost 2 hours ago. He didn't say anything about coming back for another looksie though. OUCH!!! Anyone else have an issue with this?
Unread 04-04-2009, 11:55 AM
Re: Hysterectomy dates Jan 14-Jan 21,2008

I am still having issues. I guess I am going to have to set a date to remove the remaining ovary. I just hope the down time is not too long. I just started a new job in Nov of 2008.......
Unread 01-18-2012, 11:11 PM
Talking - Hysterectomy dates Jan 14-Jan 21,2008 Re: Hysterectomy dates Jan 14-Jan 21,2008

Hello all, well it's been 3 years since my Total Hyster. I am doing fine. It took 9-10 months to really feel back to normal. So happy not to have to worry about periods, pads, cramps, etc... It was so comforting during that time to have access to this forum. What a wonderful support system. Thank you Hyster Sisters fo reminding me that you are still here for me. Denise
Unread 01-19-2012, 07:32 AM
Re: Hysterectomy dates Jan 14-Jan 21,2008

I agree denise2008! Life is so much better now, not having to worry about bringing a change of clothes to work, all those monthly issues. I am so glad that I had the procedure done.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register