Toilet Trauma!? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Toilet Trauma!? Toilet Trauma!?

Unread 01-14-2008, 07:18 AM
Toilet Trauma!?

Hello, I had my op on the 2nd January and have still not managed to pass stools without using a suppository......has or is anybody else having this difficulty?

I am eating linseeds, prunes, vegetables, low carbs, fruit, drinking two litres of water p/day and still no action.

If anybody can shed any light it would be greatly appreciated. It feels as though my muscles do not work anymore.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-14-2008, 08:05 AM
Toilet Trauma!?

Poggy,

It can take some time to get back to normal. It took me about 3 1/2 weeks till I was running "moving normal" Everyone is different by most people here, including me, swear my MoM.
Unread 01-14-2008, 08:15 AM
Toilet Trauma!?

Thank you that makes me feel better, having had a quick look around the forums it seemed that most people had natural movement after a few days which caused the concern.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-14-2008, 01:37 PM
Toilet Trauma!?

I did everything you did and it wasn't the prunes but good ol' prune juice that got things going - a huge glass in the afternoon and by morning the plumbing was working again.

Isn't recovery just one discovery after another!?

Tracy
Unread 01-14-2008, 01:57 PM
Toilet Trauma!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poggy
Hello, I had my op on the 2nd January and have still not managed to pass stools without using a suppository......has or is anybody else having this difficulty?

I am eating linseeds, prunes, vegetables, low carbs, fruit, drinking two litres of water p/day and still no action.

If anybody can shed any light it would be greatly appreciated. It feels as though my muscles do not work anymore.

I was also constipated and tried everything. Nothing worked well until I got some aloe vera bitters (pill form, can't be just the juice) from the health food store. Worked like a charm. I had normal BM the next day, which felt so much better. Wish you well!
Unread 01-14-2008, 04:37 PM
Toilet Trauma!?

I Too Thought I Was The Only One Having Bowel Problems. My Bowels Were Encased In Massive Scar Tissue That Required A Lot Of Manipulation During Surgery To Free Them. According To My Gyn/surgeon, The Bowels Are Not That Tolerating When It Comes To Being Moved Ar0und, So It May Take A While To Get Things Working Again. He Put Me On A New Medication That's Supposed To Stimulate Them. Haven't Taken Any As Of Yet. I'm Already On Pain Meds, Iron Meds, Stool Softner Meds, Suppositories. Good Luck!
Unread 01-14-2008, 04:44 PM
Toilet Trauma!?

It has teken me a while and I am four weeks out. My doctor finally told me to ask for this clear pop like drink from the pharmacist, and OMG, I thought I was going to give birth (Its not a prescription) ! Once I was cleaned out, things started to work better. Between the surgery and the pain pills, I think its alot for our bowels to handle.
Unread 01-14-2008, 04:55 PM
Toilet Trauma!?

Jaicye, do you know the name of the stuff the pharmacist gave you?
Unread 01-14-2008, 05:39 PM
Toilet Trauma!?

Oh I am so glad to hear someone else had the same problem. Sorry!!!!!!!!!!
I had surgery on the 26th of December and was getting concerned after a week. I thought I was going to blow I was so full and swollen.

I was told to take Gasx for the swelling and wait. I did and after about 1 week. Aah. I chose to go the natural way. Was not real comfortable, but eventually the plumbing returns to normal. I also had some minor discomfort when the bowels started to move, but all is well.

Wishing u the best
Unread 01-14-2008, 05:41 PM
Toilet Trauma!?

Oh I am so glad to hear someone else had the same problem. Sorry!!!!!!!!!!
I had surgery on the 26th of December and was getting concerned after a week. I thought I was going to blow I was so full and swollen.

I was told to take Gasx for the swelling and wait. I did and after about 1 week. Aah. I chose to go the natural way. Was not real comfortable, but eventually the plumbing returns to normal. I also had some minor discomfort when the bowels started to move, but all is well.

Wishing u the best[/quote]

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register