6 Wks Post Op Pain, Weight Change | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

6 Wks Post Op Pain, Weight Change 6 Wks Post Op Pain, Weight Change

Unread 01-14-2008, 10:36 AM
6 Wks Post Op Pain, Weight Change

Hi All! I've got a few questions. I'm at 6 weeks post-op- full hysterectomy, ovaries, uterus, tubes, cervix ,everything taken. I am still in pain. Not cured with tylenol or motrin kind of pain, I mean pain to where I could possibly hurt someone or myself. Is anyone else still in this much pain? My doctor did an ultrasound, said it looked good and all my pain was post- op that I didn't need pain meds anymore. Also, has anyone had drastic weight changes? I have lost about 25 lbs since the surgery on December 3. I don't mind it at all, because I need to lose it, but dont understand it.

HELP!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-14-2008, 11:33 AM

Hello Faifylou,

Well, I am 15 months out and still having the double over pain that I'd only laugh at motrin or tylenol, or Aleve. At six weeks out I was still in a great amount of pain. Remember, it was a major surgery. Maybe too much too soon? Might want to slow down a bit and let your body take care of itself. Just don't hurt anyone...may I suggest a wall? lol

The weight thing I don't get. I was the opposite of you. Exactly, I gained 25 lbs. in about that amount of time. Maybe the hormones? Hey, just think of it as some new clothes, right?

I think I'd keep on the Dr. Let them know just how bad the pain is. I think that most people are not in that much pain by 6 weeks.

Keep your head up.

Shawna
Unread 01-14-2008, 03:49 PM

Hi Faifylou:

I am at 11 weeks post op and still have some pain, I get pulling sensations in my right groin area, but not as much as I had at 6 weeks. I did not even get out of bed for the first 4 weeks after surgery due to the pain I was having. And I just started sleeping in our regular bed at 7 weeks post op. But it does get better. Each week after week 5 made a big difference.
As for the weight loss, I too have lost 20 pounds since the surgery and like you I don't mind as I need to loose it too!
I just am hoping to keep it off.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register