four months and still pain - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

four months and still pain four months and still pain

Unread 01-17-2008, 11:10 AM
four months and still pain

hey free, sorry to hear from you again, that you're not travelling so well neither ! ! its all so frustrating, eh? i've had blood tests, and my ovaries are still producing, so i can't really blame lack of hormones??? and i'm not having any hot flushes or other symptoms?

and, hey janelle, my auto stuff has settled down, thank god ! ! whew, i was getting worried there for a bit. the ranyaud's is good, now, and i've not had any major lupusy things for a while now also. only thing is the ross river fever which reactivated, is giving me hell. also, the intracranial hypertension that i've had for years, has gotten worse since the surgery as well. its driving me nutz, especially the headaches/stiff neck. i can ignore the tinnitus stuff, but, not the pain stuff. hmmm..... oh well, could be worse, i guess? could have had two uteruses needing removal ! ! lol.....

and, finally, hey broken kim..........don't ever apologise for long complaints on this forum...........we all know what you're going through, and can relate and sympathise. you just hang in there girl, and cry on our shoulders anytime. we've all got enough tissues to share around, i'm sure ! ! hopefully we haven't used up our own supplies on our own tears ! ! actually, on a serious note, i had the tearies on and off in the first couple of months. really, i look back on that aspect, and see it now as a grieving for what was lost. and, also a reaction to the trauma. like post-traumatic shock syndrome. having an organ removed is a huge environmental impact on the body. then add the psychological stuff on top of that. in our societies, a woman's worth diminishes as she gets older, whereas men just go on getting more distinguished. so, we have all that stuff to deal with along with the physical trauma. so, be kind to yourself, and look after you........and vent all you need..............and, keep hoping.........gee.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-17-2008, 11:25 AM
re:four months and still in pain

I have to sit all day at my desk and the vagina pain I am having makes it very hard to work. Any suggestions on how to sit in a chair without feeling like I have a blow torch up inside of me. I have a donut pillow and a regular bed pillow and neither seems to give me any relief. By the end of the day I am very tired and stressed out. Thanks.
Unread 01-18-2008, 10:42 AM

hey tired...........sounds like a nightmare. i'm lucky in that i had to give up work, due to other health problems. not so lucky on payday though ! ! but, at least, when i'm in worse pain, i can hibernate. have you eliminated ALL possibilities? like, bacterial infections? yeast? uti? adhesions/scarring (have they had a look at the cuff area? might need silver nitrate/cauterising?). if you had a laprascope surgery, then, apparently, so i've just read, they use a different kind of stitching for the cuff, which in some people prone to scarring can cause worse adhesions??? what about trying different vaginal hormone creams? a friend of mine who had ovaries removed had that problem, and it was fixed straight away? have they checked for hernias?

anyway, do hope you can resolve this fast, and, always hoping.....gee.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-25-2008, 10:32 PM

no, not strange. I stretch up and get those shooting urethra-vaginal pains all the time. It honkerblonkes me off. Is this life now? I'm a dancer and I want to dance again. What the heck? How is a male doctor who already did the surgery fix that? Just rip in again and tear out stuff ? and what? Does this go away or what? streaking pains and shooting pains up inside. What happened to those areas being mainly softly sensual and sexual areas? no pain, just orgasms.
Unread 01-26-2008, 08:49 AM

hey hagnproud, i know what you mean about not feeling confident about letting the gyno (mine is actually a woman?) have another go if anything needs fixing??? hmmm....... i'm hoping all mine will need is some silver nitrate, or whatever, in the surgery? or, more likely, hoping that it just gets better before i have my appointment? and, actually, we did the "wild thing" tonight, and it seemed to be ok, although, there was no "deep" penetration. but, will have to wait 'til tomorrow i guess, to see how it goes??? fingers crossed ! ! and, always hoping..........gee.
Unread 01-26-2008, 05:55 PM

Weird to think of sex, which I'm so used to both my cervix and uterus being VERY involved. I'm single and not sexually active at this point, but scared of what it might feel like. I mean, would a penis just sorta "keep going"?????
Nothing to bump into? And I remember orgasms that were so intense that they involved every nerve ending in my body and beyond. Could it still be that way - or was my uterus the conductor of those feelings? Or should this be in the "sex" blog?
Unread 01-26-2008, 06:11 PM

I am also four months out. I have been doing well until last week after sex began spotting and pain. The doc said it was granulation tissue and did the silver nitrate. Prior to this I had not had any granulation tissue. Is it normal to have it this far out for the first time? I kinda wondered if it was something else....
Unread 01-27-2008, 11:01 AM

hey doodlebee, maybe you had the granulations, but its slowly been getting worse/more aggravated as time goes by???? or........???

and hagnproud.....my orgasms used to be such a variety of sensations, that i don't really notice the difference. initially i was so happy that it wasn't "broken" that i didn't care about the "quality" or intensity or anything. just so long as it worked ! ! and now, i'd just be happy to have a vag. cuff that didn't keep getting sore. mine's sore again now, and spasming my bladder. it was fine for the first 24hrs after doing the wild thing, but, now i assume it must've aggravated it, and so its slowly becoming more inflamed, or whatever. when its inflamed, i also get lower back pain, and i could do without that too. groan.........its all sooooo annoying............gee.
Unread 01-27-2008, 03:33 PM
pain

OK is has been a little over 3 months and I have been having pulling and pain for the last couple of days. I have been doing pretty good since my surgery.
Is this normal? Am I still healing?
Do I need to call the doctor?
Unread 01-27-2008, 05:26 PM

Hi Geneieve, we had our procedures the same day. I just wanted to say how frustrated I am just reading what happened with you. I know you'll find a physician who will listen and help you out.

I have had a relatively easy time of it recovery wise. My frustration has been with getting my energy level back. I am still so darn tired many days. I haven't had any issues with sex, but have had lots of nerve pain. In fact I had that last week, to the point I was doubled over in agony for about an hour and a half. I took 4 ibuprofen and it left, just had occasional twinges after that.

Take care and keep us posted.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register