four months and still pain - Page 5 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

four months and still pain four months and still pain

Unread 02-21-2008, 05:41 PM
Hello

I do not know if my walls have become thin.. but it sure feels that way to me... like anything touching them feels badly...like i am being roughed up on the inside...

I went to see my obgyn yesterday.. and I am only feeling worse... I feel as If he did not listen to me at all... When I tried to explain the pain to him.. He looked to my hubby like my hubby could be more gentle with me...

Then explaining to him, that me and hubby really could not go any slower or be any more gentle.. He just wouldnt listen to me...

He tried to give me a pelvic exam?

I tried to do my best.. but it hurt so bad... I was screaming.. and crying... Finally i said NO MORE.

I couldnt take the exam at all....it hurt so badly

SO then he trys to tell me its my entrance and not the inside... something about my muscles being so tensed...

I do believe my muscles are tense..as I had just got dont telling him I am having horrible panic/anxiety....

But there is definately pain on the inside.. I dont think is all being caused at my entrance.. .what do i know..
But i have never felt more frustrated with feeling like my doctor is not listening to me....

He was telling me of a medicine...but he said it is expensive even some insurance plans do not cover it...
So I had to tell him there was no way I could afford it...
This is the 5th time Ive had to explain to him that I am in financial problems and medicine is extremely hard for me to get at times... Thank god for the walmart 4 dollar meds....
So once again he wrote me another prescription that I cannot get filled... This one is for my headaches...
But I am so frustrated... How many times do I go over this with him? I know they have the walmart list at his office...yet no matter how many times I try to tell them.. he still writes me scripts I will never be able to get filled

I am no insured..and I am on a kind of charity program when I go to see him... I hate it.. but thats how things are for me right now....

Im also feeling ovary pain...but i have no ovaries...and pain near my belly button.... i worry....he says dont worry about it....

I also had the endometreosis..which he found during the hysterectomy and all.....

lOVE AND HUGS TO ALL.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-24-2008, 09:50 AM
four months and still pain

hey goddess.........so, are you on any hormone replacement? and, by the way, your ob/gyn sounds like a nightmare ! ! can you get another one, or see another dr of some sort, who is prepared to listen??? hope you're feeling better soooon........gee.
Unread 02-24-2008, 01:42 PM

Hi Genevieve, Yes I am on Estradiol 1mg . I started on the premarin 1.25 at first..but I could not afford those... Fortunately the Estradiol is on walmarts 4 dollar plan...so now atleast I got all that taken care of...
As I am uninsured an on a charity type program with the hospital....I do not know if they will let me switch doctors...I am becoming more and more frustrated with each visit though.... And I try to tell my doc of my bad panic and anxiety... which is probably related to my muscles being tight and tense.. yet he did not do anything to address this issue.. other than sending me home with a bag of lube.. No matter that I told him....Hubby and I use Lube anyways so I seriously do not think that is my issue....
Some days I just want to pull my hair out...
Thank goodness for you all and these boards!
Love and Hugs to all
Tamara
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-25-2008, 09:01 AM

hey tamara, you poor sausage............i feel sorry that you're having to go through all this, and feel that you have no dr to rely on. assuming that the whole situation is a stress reaction, and there are no physiological problems to be addressed, then, can your system provide you with a psychologist/counsellor type person???? i'm not sure how your system works over there??? but, anyway, i was thinking that, even if you do still have physical stuff that needs attention, it sure wouldn't hurt for you to at least have someone to talk to about the emotional issues anyhow? most of us hystersisters go through some degree of angst, and, in your case, being so young, and now not having the chance to ever have kids, you need to be able to talk through these issues? its easy to say to people, that happiness is a choice that we make, irrespective of the situation that we find ourselves in. sometimes we need strategies to get to that place??? anyway, i'm glad that you have a supportive dh...... give him a pat on the back from me as well ! ! good luck, and keep us informed on how you get on.........gee.

ps maybe some meditation would be helpful?
Unread 02-25-2008, 12:14 PM

Hey Gee, I have to say that does sound exactly like what I need.. some place where I can talk my feelings out.. for as long as it takes.. I spose in a way thats what I do here.. I always feel like you all can relate and I feel good knowing I am not alone in this battle.. I have no idea If I can get into something like that locally... It is really hard here if you are Low income and Not Insured.... My mom is pushing me to try to get disability.... Because this has made my panic and anxiety so much worse than ever before.. I am afraid to leave the house.. I dont even want to make my own phone calls... Its hard living this way....
Also, and I have no idea if anyone else has this issue.. But for just over two weeks I have been having severe Headache/Migraine issues... and I had read that it could be a side effect of the Estradiol... I had told my doctor of it.. he did try and help i suppose.. but I could not afford the prescription he gave for me.. It just cost too much money.... I dont know if there is another hormone he could put me on... and I really dont want to call there...and talk to them about it... as I have already switched my hormone once...because I couldnt afford the Premarin.... But the headaches are killing me...
I go to bed with a headache I wake up with a headache....
Sometimes I can barely open my eyes.. the light hurts so badly.........
Thanks for being here and listening to me.. I am open to ideas....
Love to all
Tamara
Unread 02-26-2008, 03:11 PM

hey again tamara..........having this forum is a relief, for all of us. and, yep, it is good to know that others are going through stuff as well. and, most people in the outer world, really don't want to get into it. unless a person is relating to it, or is trained so that they don't suffer from "compassion fatigue" then it is very hard for them. just human failings etc. meantime, it is important to vent any feelings that need it, and this forum is perfect. also means you don't HAVE to leave the house if you don't want, or can't, for whatever reasons. BUT.....aint there always a but??? you do need some strategies to put in place, and a professional would be ideal, if you can wrangle that??? otherwise, maybe if there are some younger women who've gone through what you're going through here, who can give you advice and specific support? maybe start a thread, specificallly asking for anyone out there???

as for your headaches.........sometimes hormones can cause fluid build-up which causes headaches? wonder if you could get some diuretics? if you could afford them, sometimes celery/juniper can help, or good ol' tea which has theophylline in it, can be a diuretic??? dandelion is good for that too? i know on a limited budget, these things can seem impossible???

anyway, my fingers are crossed for you girl...........gee.
Unread 03-05-2008, 12:00 AM

I hope somehow, you can get someone who will listen and get to the bottom of what you're going thru. They are probly fixable with the right treatment. I know that the Premarin gave me migraines. I am now taking Femhrt which is supposed to be bio-identical as well as using Vagi-Fem which is also bio-identical and has helped with the awful vaginal stuff. I don't know if this will help, but my sis was able to get her RX paid for after her Dr. wrote the program she was on and said that she had to have it because the other stuff didn't work and caused too many side effects. I also take an anti-depressant for the anxiety/panic. Hope this helps.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register