Can't have intercourse w/out crying! - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Can't have intercourse w/out crying! Can't have intercourse w/out crying!

Unread 01-16-2008, 02:30 PM
Can't have intercourse w/out crying!

Hi Tara - It's good to know that sex got better for you after a few times, and if that is the case, your friends are right - you need to check it out, because there is definitely something going on. I am really encouraged that you did get to the point where it was great. Sometimes I think my own fear is keeping me from trying enough! We will try again once the yeast infection problems are gone completely, which should be in a couple of days, going by how I am feeling.

Definitely keep us posted on what your doc says.

Sandy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-16-2008, 02:42 PM

I am so sorry that all of you are having problems.

Sweetbeetle, I understand how you feel. So far, I don't cry but I find more and more that I have to "leave my body" to get through it (an old trick from presurgery).

I have tried to hide that I am pain from my husband, but he is catching on because it is getting harder and harder to mask. There is no pressure from him, in fact, he is the one who will say let's stop or let's wait another week. The pressure is all from me because I am trying to live up to the expectations that I had presurgery, which was that it wouldn't hurt anymore and I would finally enjoy it. I keep thinking the next time will be better, I just have to keep trying.
I agree that 6 weeks is too early. My current GYN/surgeon said I could resume relations at 6 weeks if I was ready. He never said I had to but I, of course, felt like I had to. My husband wanted to wait longer, but I just felt like if 6 weeks was the standard, I should be ready at 6 weeks.
Unread 01-18-2008, 02:29 PM

Ok, I went and saw the doc yesterday. He was so concerned, he came and got me from the waiting room instead of a nurse. Anywho...He took a look, and a few painful pokes, and said he saw an exposed nerve in my cuff that is most likely causing the problem. He's sending me for an ultrasound in a couple of days to rule out ovarian cysts. If the ultrasound comes back ok, I'm suppose to have some proceedure that burns(?) the nerve and that will take care of the pain. I'm sure that's what it is, considering that as he was poking it, I was tearing up. Other than all that, He said everything else healed fine. Anyone know about this burning nerves thing? I guess it's like a whole 3 minute procedure, yet I'll be sedated for it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-18-2008, 07:33 PM

sweetbeetle - I believe he means to cauterize it, which is like burning the end of it so it's no longer exposed. If so, it really would take about 3 minutes and be over with, but you would DEFINITELY want sedation, as it would hurt something terrible initially. That's really great if that will take care of it for you! Sounds like a nice, easy quickie thing to fix!

Let us know how you do with it all . . .
Unread 01-20-2008, 07:10 AM

I do recall him saying that now. I'm nervous....again. Not as bad as when I was told I was having a TVH, but still nervous.
My ultrasound is today. Hopefully all is well there. I will definatly keep you all posted. Thanks!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register