Who left the pigs out of the barn? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Who left the pigs out of the barn? Who left the pigs out of the barn?

Unread 01-16-2008, 11:01 AM
Who left the pigs out of the barn?

Lol. I am six days post op and this mess in my house is driving me nuts. Noone will do a thing around here. Dishes everywhere smashed crackers on the floor toys strewn everywhere floors need swept and mopped carpets need swept bathroom needs cleaned ugh I am going crazy. I did use my grabber thing to pick some stuff up as I can't look at it no more and did the dishes. We live in the country these pigs need to clean up or we will get mice ick. My doc wouldn't even let me light house clean or light cook on discharge she said if I give you permission you will cook them big meals you love to and clean your house lol she knows me so well. I know I overdid it today but I was begining to smell my house ugh. update on my meds though I did start taking my arthritis meds today instead of the hydrocodone(immune to it) Tummy aches but my hips and wrist feel better lol. I am suprised at the energy I feel today lol. I felt this much energy in years I was always tired from periods everyday. I see everyone posting about sex Ya know I really don't care if I have to wait a year lol I just love the periods gone lol. Take care all and thanks for letting me vent.
hugs all
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-16-2008, 11:10 AM

I remember a few weeks ago there was a post on dust bunnies, dog prints on the doors, etc. Do not overdo it! I decided that dust bunnies were my friends and that I really can avoid looking at the kitchen sink. Do Not Vacumn! It will hurt tomarrow and then you will regret it. I was able to use the swifter thingy and got the big lumps at a week out, you can also use it to make a pile out of the toys. I also did dishes and cooked a bit, I did a few dishes, sat down, went back later, did a few more, etc. I had them put a chair in the kitchen by the stove for me also. It would take all day, but I made some decent casseroles. Take lots of naps, pamper the princess and make them take out the garbage. One up side of the surgery is that I couldn't take the garbage out for so long, I still don't do it! OK, it's only a small thing, but it helps~
Unread 01-16-2008, 12:05 PM

Your house sounds like mine was in the beginning. It bugged the pee out of me because the most I could do was load the diswasher sometimes and sit and watch it all pile up around me. When I had my six week checkup and was cleared to go back to my life, I looked at my house and said there is no way in heck I will ever get this cleaned up. I talked to DH and I had a gal come in and clean. I have never ever done that before, but I'll tell ya it was the best money I've ever spent. She had it spic n span in 4 hours. I feel for ya, but don't hurt yourself.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-16-2008, 12:05 PM

LOL dee37 I was just looking around my house and only wishing I could pull out my Kirby. The dog hair is making me NUTS. I know downeyocean made a post about the dust bunnies on the fans. Man I wish I had felt decent prior to surgery, and not been soooo busy at work. My fans are so dusty. The whole house is a pig pen! My 17 yr old helps but not like he should. DH just keeps telling me to not look at it. We are a mess over here. DH has been doing Chemo 1x a week for 40 weeks, and working full time. He has 8 weeks left and he is just wore out. HG is at 9 and WBC is 1. I am more worried about him than I am about me. I am now sitting here waiting on a call from my DSs Nuerosurgeon. I am praying that he doesn't need another Brain Surgery(he had 3 in Oct.), and we can get his headaches under control. I guess after writing all that my house doesn't seem that dirty.
Don't over do it. I also remember someone here writing if the mess isn't going to kill someone leave it there LOL.

Unread 01-16-2008, 02:58 PM

everything my dh said (dont worry it will be done)wasnt,,my ds did feed my fish and cats neither touched the 2 litter pans we have so 10 minutes after coming home i did it,,was very mad,,i had the talk with him but dh didnt do anything..and still havent,knew this would happen,,so i do what i can but will remember to save this info for next big fight we have,he got mad at me because i said i didnt think he would do it and said i hurt his feelings,,and then didnt he do the exact thing i was afraid of ,thank god i was not in there for more days my poor cats would have had to learn to use the toilet,,
Unread 01-16-2008, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyrofan
everything my dh said (dont worry it will be done)wasnt,,my ds did feed my fish and cats neither touched the 2 litter pans we have so 10 minutes after coming home i did it,,was very mad,,i had the talk with him but dh didnt do anything..and still havent,knew this would happen,,so i do what i can but will remember to save this info for next big fight we have,he got mad at me because i said i didnt think he would do it and said i hurt his feelings,,and then didnt he do the exact thing i was afraid of ,thank god i was not in there for more days my poor cats would have had to learn to use the toilet,,
know what you mean spyrofan. Why I put surgery off for so long knew noone around here would do anything but tear up so wanted 2 little ones a little older. I did lots of no no's today but I couldn't take it anymore suprising how you can compinsate to not bend lol. And like you I am saving it all too for the next fight.. If I would have stayed in hospital my kids would have starved.. DH will get himself a sandwhich and I'll say did you get the kids one he'll say they didn't ask duh you ask them if they want one ugh men. lol
Unread 01-16-2008, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dee37
I know I overdid it today but I was begining to smell my house ugh.
Which would you rather smell: your house? or your incisions?

Seriously, you need to slow down. You get only ONE chance to heal properly; if you blow that, you can be in for a long, painful process of trying to deal with all the consequences -- MUCH longer than the six weeks recovery period. Imagine what your house would smell like then.

I don't mean to be harsh, but want to impress upon you that you really do need to . The dust bunnies will still be there when your DR releases you to do housecleaning.

s,
-Linda
Unread 01-16-2008, 05:45 PM

Spyrofan, sorry to here about your kitties. You could try to order one of those litter pans that cleans its self. Then all your dh would have to do is just grab the little baggy and toss it. My sister got one online for about 40 bucks she loves it. She works about 60 hours a week, and has very little time for the things she would like to do both her cat and little terrier mix use it. You cant even smell that she has a cat. Good luck and I hope everthing gets better for you.
Unread 01-16-2008, 07:06 PM

O.k., here's something to make you feel better about the piggies being out of the barn!

I am a biomedical research scientist, and one of the current theories about allergies is that..... get ready......

The piggier your house, the less likely your kiddos will get allergies when they grow up.

There is a much lower incidence of allergies in third world countries.

So.... your are not falling down on your housework dear.... you're actually helping kids...

Let the crackers lie there.... the mice will pick 'em up and move on to the neighbors!!!!
Unread 01-16-2008, 07:36 PM

those pans that clean theirselves are to small,my chocolate balanese is 20 lbs ,,other ones not so big,,i bought a huge blue one at petsmart it was a extra large one,,they have to have room to move around ect. i knew it would happen actually it didnt smell bad just was full,,but thats not the point,,maybe he doesnt mind going to the bathroom in a outhouse (camping)but i will be ****ed if my cats will,,but we discussed this when i knew i was going to go in,,he said dont worry,,never again will i believe him,,he will hear it when the time is right,,

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register