What is the vaginal cuff supposed to look like? - Page 5 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

What is the vaginal cuff supposed to look like? What is the vaginal cuff supposed to look like?

Unread 02-02-2008, 10:06 AM
What is the vaginal cuff supposed to look like?

I believe that over time the vaginal canal will stretch.. so I have been told.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-02-2008, 10:09 AM

I had sex for the first time and it all fit nicely. When you are aroused the vagina lenghthens. Even before surgery it is only 3 inches long so that didn't change.

Good Luck,

Starbgirl
Unread 02-02-2008, 11:01 AM

As someone so cutely said in another thread--- the car will still fit in the garage.

Kay
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-02-2008, 01:02 PM

Wow, It is so strange that we are all wondering the same thing I just thought about that the other day, I was like o.k. HMMMMMMMMM I don't have a cervix anymore what the heck is there Thanks for the clarification eek. Gosh it is always something
Unread 02-02-2008, 01:16 PM

I still have my cervix, but was wondering what happened at the top of the crevix where the uterus used to be. I was worried that one day when I was maybe straining for a BM (way down the road), my insides would start falling out. So I asked my Dr at my suture removal appointment. He chuckled a little, told me it was a good question and then told me that he used some sort of gauze or mesh over the top of the cervix and that my tissue would grow over the gauze or mesh he used.

This thread has been very interesting and quite informative for me and I kept my cervix.
Unread 02-02-2008, 08:54 PM

....ummm.. the car is NOT fitting in the garage BUT, I did get some premarin cream to help the healing process and hopefully with that issue, too..
Unread 02-03-2008, 08:23 AM

hey grace...........the vag is "elastic", and becomes more "accommodating" when aroused. funny little thing, isn't it?
Unread 02-03-2008, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsme01
....ummm.. the car is NOT fitting in the garage BUT, I did get some premarin cream to help the healing process and hopefully with that issue, too..

Sorry to hear that. I believe in the other thread it did not fit on the first try either and the sister made an announcement when "the car fit in the garage" again.
Unread 03-07-2008, 02:06 PM
Amazed

I am amazed at the ladies that don't know what their bodies feel like. When my Dr. released me for sex I figured it was OK to "feel for myself". I think if a penis can be in there then my clean fingers can too. My cuff runs front to back and feels like a swollen incision with stitches. I would like to see what it looks like but haven't managed to get the cuff into view on my mirror. I was going to ask my Dr. if I could use a mirror to look while he had the speculum in there. But thought that might be too weird. Can't have the doctor thinking I'm nuts.
Unread 03-07-2008, 02:13 PM

Dont be amazed some of us are a bit squemish. I'm a year out and still haven't had a good 'look' lol up there. I know it all works still that is all that matters. I was regularily checking for bleeding or some unexplained discharge before my hyst. It really isn't a big deal that I haven't checked up there yet. Best wishes to you and your continued recovery.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register