Dying for a soak in the tub... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Dying for a soak in the tub... Dying for a soak in the tub...

Unread 01-17-2008, 08:06 PM
Dying for a soak in the tub...

I'm one week post op and would LOVE a bath. I'm used to taking a bath every night for years. It's my way to relax.

Anyone have any idea when taking a bath is okay? My incisions are clean and dry...

Maybe I'll call the doc tomorrow to see...

Peace and Love,
Brinks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-17-2008, 08:17 PM

I cheated at about day 5 from a TAH but I kept the water below where it could enter the vagina or get my staples wet. I was probably lucky that I didn't have any problems. . .but I wouldn't advise it just because of possible infections and such. Think, is a bath worth $$$ in treatment for an infection?

I know what you mean though, it was/still is my way to relax. Now I just take my college books into the tub with me to read as no one will bother me there, LOL

A bath for me could last for hours. I developed the unique skill of being able to turn the hot water on with my toes when the water cooled.

It won't be as long as it has been.

Deb
Unread 01-17-2008, 08:20 PM

My doc said maybe after the 2 week post-op. I think it has more to do with the insides versus the incisions...

I miss my baths too. Not sure that I could get in right now much less out at this point...haha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-17-2008, 08:21 PM

Oh my GOSH, Deb. Me, too! I can turn the water on and off with my toes. That's so funny.

I began this back when my first child was born as a way to relax and get some private time. He turned 24 in December.

I am going to call the doc's office tomorrow and just ask the nurse. I don't want to get an infection either. I can wait if it amounts to that!

Peace and Love,
Brinks
Unread 01-17-2008, 08:52 PM

Im 9 weeks post op now and still HAVENT had a bath Im too scared as I dont know what my vaginal cuff looks like (if its healed or not) and I fell 100% now so I dont dare want to do anythign to put me back .... Oh and because of christmas I still havent had my 6 week post op check ... I have that next week on the 24th ........ and just to add to it all its the middle of summer here and its sooooo hot lately I havent even been able to go for a swim yet lol ..... but its all worth the wait I suppose as liek I said I feel 100% and Im never going to have problems again
Unread 01-17-2008, 09:19 PM

My doc told me 8 weeks!!! I actually considered taping my vagina shut I wanted a bath so bad!!! For all of 5 seconds untill I thought about the tape coming off....lol
Unread 01-17-2008, 10:11 PM

Do give your doctor's office a call tomorrow to see what is okay for you. I remember wanting a bath so bad but having to wait three whole months! in there! Soon you will be ready to ditch the and take a long soak! S
Unread 01-18-2008, 04:12 AM

i too want to take a bath so bad,,i am not a shower person,was trying to think of a way to do it also i have a appt. on 22nd and i will ask,,he will probably say 2 more weeks or something this is my last appt. to check cuff and release me to go back to work,,i feel bad i want to ask about a bath more then sex!!!
Unread 01-18-2008, 07:34 AM

I keep reading all of you were told no bath. I asked my doc 4 times before discharge to make sure I heard her right and she allows me to take a bath. I have stuck mostlt to showers better to err on the side of caution I think. I did get in tub last night but just long enough to wash daughters hair and wasn't really in water was on my knees lol.
Unread 01-18-2008, 09:15 AM

Please wait until you get clearance. After my first child was born 37 years ago I was in the tub all the time because that is the only relief I could get from the stitches etc. I never thought to ask for permission to do that and I got a terrible infection that gave me trouble for a full year. My DH was in Vietnam so I was not sexually active and just figured what I was suffering from was normal. It was not.

I am doing this recovery by the book.

I am not feeling very well today. I was so up the first few days because I was feeling so great---no pain. Now I feel so tired and weak. I am just laying around like a slug.

Listen to the doctor. That is why we pay them the big bucks.

Downyocean but you can call me Kay

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register