Dying for a soak in the tub... - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Dying for a soak in the tub... Dying for a soak in the tub...

Unread 01-18-2008, 09:25 AM
Dying for a soak in the tub...

I think the answer to this question varies, depending on your doctor. Most seem to frown on it. However, mine said it was okay and I started taking baths just a few days out from surgery. So it's worth calling the nurse/doctor's office to ask, especially if it would make you feel better.

I'm sure I don't need to remind you of this (ahem) but at one week post op make sure someone else is scrubbing the tub!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-18-2008, 09:35 AM

I had my 6 week check up today, and the doctor said my cuff was closed nicely and I could finally soak in a warm tub. I'll still bleach the tub first, I'm paranoid about infection!
Unread 01-18-2008, 09:42 AM

I had my LSH in the summer so my question was when can I go in my pool. My doctor said to wait a week. So on the 4th of July i went swimming. Did not have any problems or infections but the incisions did take a while to close all the way because I had no sutures in them. Good luck!
Kim
LSH 6-27-07
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-18-2008, 10:26 AM

i was told a week after surgery when i went to get my staples out, no tub baths yet, so i hope i will be able to after my jan22nd appt.
Unread 01-18-2008, 11:19 AM

I as well was told not baths or hot tubs until after my 6 week appointment...it can't come quick enough
Unread 01-18-2008, 11:51 AM

FYI, it is a good idea to specifically ask when you can bath in your own tub, use a swimming pool, and use a hot tub. Sometimes a doctor will clear you to soak in your own, clean tub, with no bubbles, oils, etc. but you will still not be cleared for a swimming pool or hot tub, especially public ones, due to the chemicals and such.
Unread 02-01-2008, 03:35 PM

I agree with all of you, I MISS MY TUBBY! I asked my doctor the question before I even had the surgery. I was told probably not until after the 6 weeks. I should ask then. I am almost 2 weeks since surgery and have had a horrible time.
Unread 02-01-2008, 03:50 PM

I am FREEE! I am able to take a bath from 2 weeks post op. I've been soaking and sleeping after so GOOD! My skin is so soft from my bath oils and I had no stipulations.

I also had a LSH so only have 3 tiny incisions (completely healed) and no vag cuff as I kept my cervix. So, that had a dramatic impact on whether I could soak or not.

Girls, no matter how long you have to wait, it's absolute bliss to soak again! Buy something special for your first bath. I got a lovely patchouli and fig bath milk.

Ahhhhh.

Peace and Love,
Brinks
Unread 02-01-2008, 03:55 PM

Brinks, you are the lucky dusky. My son's girlfriend bought me a beautiful gift basket of bath products and they keep calling my name. It is at least 3 more weeks and maybe more before I will know when I can use them.

Kay
Unread 02-01-2008, 04:17 PM

Im allowed too ..... saw my Gynae last week and have been released for everything now yay!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register