Belly binder after surgery | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Belly binder after surgery Belly binder after surgery

Unread 01-17-2008, 09:37 PM
Belly binder after surgery

How long should I wear the belly binder that was put on me after surgery? I haven't taken it off yet, other then to shower and change the dressing. Should I leave it on? It sure feels more comfortable to have everything sort of bound together, but I was curious as to what everyone else has done. BTW, I had a TAH on Monday morning, 6 inch verticle incision with staples still in tact.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-18-2008, 03:32 AM

What I was told when I went in to have the staples removed was it was up to me if I wanted to wear it or not. Staples removed 7 days after surgery. So my personnal preference was to ease out of it and so far it's been ok. It was a little weird feeling at first, but now all I have is slight swelling and everything feels pretty good. Today is week 3 and I'm very curious to see what wk. 4 and 5 bring. Although you have a verticle cut, not sure how that would feel, NO doubt your body will tell you. Arn't we all just glad we have the surgury part behind us.
Unread 01-18-2008, 05:18 AM

Hi Northbound,

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, sure glad it's over. But now I can say with certainty that everything I read about not overdoing it after surgery is true! I felt pretty good yesterday and my mom came for a visit so I was up and around more than I should have been. Paying for it today. I woke up at around 1:30 this morning and I'm sure hurting. I think the most I've slept at one time since Monday is about 4 hours. I guess we all have to push the limit once to see for ourselves that this is serious surgery and recovery will take some time! So it's slow going for me from now on!

I think I'll go ahead and keep the binder thing on until I get my staples removed on Monday and ask the doctor.

The information I've gathered here has been invaluable, for sure and I'm so glad I found you all before surgery so that I had an idea what to expect.

Well, off to see if I can catch a few more z's. Take care!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-18-2008, 05:28 AM

i had one on at the hospital and the surgeon said you know you dont have to wear that,,but i did for the swelly belly and coughing,,but took it off at home,,and didnt put it back on thinking about getting spanx but my stomach is going down more everyday,,some days i have some swelling but probably not enough to buy (as I Call Them)..spanky dancing panties

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register