Chiropractic Care | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Chiropractic Care Chiropractic Care

Unread 01-20-2008, 08:37 AM
Chiropractic Care

Hi Sisters:

I am 12 weeks post op tomorrow and was wondering if any one has had Chiropractic care since their surgery and how soon they had it.
I had it before surgery just as a maintenance procedure and since the surgery my lower back is killing me. My hips hurt to lay on them too long at night too. But I am afraid to get manuevered. The lower back they usually lay you on your stomach and bring the table up and then push it down to adjust you. Not sure if I can do that yet.
Would love to hear from any one who has this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-20-2008, 08:46 AM
Chiropractic Care

I had chiropractic adjustments on Dec 27 at around 6 wks. They at that point had me lay on the pregnancy pillow and it worked great. With my lower back adjustments they released fluids from surgery. On the 28th I woke up with swollen glands in my neck and needed a lymphatic cleansing to get it out of my system. It behaved similiar to a cold, and took two weeks to get out of me. It sounds like your adjustment to the lower back may behave the same as mine. Fluids could be what is making your lower back hurt. They also adjusted both hips and my neck. My hips hurt for the same reasons as yours. TAH/BSO homopathic treatment for hormones and lymphatic cleansing.
Unread 01-20-2008, 09:38 AM
Chiropractic Care

I am facing the same problem with my chiropractic care. I have both neck and lower back problems, and it was probably close to 7 weeks between visits (saw him right before surgery). By the time I saw my chiropractor, I was in pain. I told him that I was leary of the lower back adjustment, so he did what he could without the typical adjustment. And what he did helped, but he is an old school doc, and doesn't use the multi-level table type adjustments anyway. I've seen him a second time since, and again he was careful to avoid the typical adjustment positions. A lot of positional stretches and pull/pressure adjustments with the legs and lower back helped relieve the lower back pain a lot better the second time.

Just be honest with your chiropractor, and get him to work with you to find a way to relieve your symptoms without it putting pressure or twisting motions on your abdomen. Tell him to take it slow so you can stop him if it begins to hurt. Good luck with getting some relief!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-20-2008, 12:51 PM
Chiropractic Care

I was given the go-ahead at my six week checkup and started going back soon after.
Unread 01-20-2008, 04:26 PM
Chiropractic Care

I was in a car accdent just 12 hours before my LAVH/BSO. I had neck and back spasms. UUUGGGHHHH
My Dr. did myofacial, and pressure point release for me 5 days after surgery. That was a big help with the lower back. Had a hard time lying down though. I had to be checked though because of the accident....

Michelle
Unread 01-20-2008, 05:33 PM
Chiropractic Care

My chiropracter did not want to adjust the abdominal area for three months after my surgery. We did the neck and shoulders, though.

I had no major problems with my back or abdomen - except my sacral area got tight again. So we just have to get that loose again.
Unread 01-21-2008, 06:33 PM
Chiropractic Care

Hi Kasey2:

May I ask what you used for your lymphatic cleansing? I had my adjustment done today! And just in case I have the same problem you had, I wanted to know what you used. I could not lay on my stomach yet, but he did my neck and lower back and hips while I laid on my back. He also gave me a really good muti-vitamin.
Unread 01-22-2008, 07:34 AM
Chiropractic Care

When I went to the homopath she tested me and mixed up a remedy for me. I do not know right now what is in it but I will go by today and find out and post later today. I will also ask her about what off the shelf things would do the same for hopefully wider availablity to you. I'll be back in touch this pm.
Unread 01-26-2008, 06:10 PM
Chiropractic Care

I am at the 7 week mark since my surgery and I work in a Chiropractic & Physical Therapy office. My bosses will not adjustment yet and they won't let me lay on the massage table at lunch time. Said that it would not be a good idea. My advice to you is to call and talk to your Chiropractor and see what they say. I know my bosses want to be sure especially now that I have a hernia from the surgery.
Unread 01-26-2008, 09:43 PM
Chiropractic Care

Hi Elaine!

I went to the chiropractor this past Monday, because my back was killing me. All I did was tell my chiropractor that I was only 3 wks post op & he was extremely careful and didn't adjust my back the usual way. He adjusted my back without pushing on it, he used a little "clicky" instrument which was not at all uncomfortable. Hope your back feels better soon!
Karen

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register