Laparoscopic hysterectomy ~ weird stitches situation ... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Laparoscopic hysterectomy ~ weird stitches situation ... Laparoscopic hysterectomy ~ weird stitches situation ...

Unread 01-20-2008, 03:05 PM
Laparoscopic hysterectomy ~ weird stitches situation ...

I had a LSH on the 10th, incisions are healing nicely. Well, the left one I noticed today appears to have stitches poking through from inside. I had just ster-strips on the outside incision, but she stitched up the inside (does that make sense?) and now some appear to be making their way out through the healed outside scar.

Anyone hear of that?

Hope this finds you all well. I'm doing great, left side still hurts when I move too much. Went to church today and gave lots of glory to God for hystersisters, and prayed for all of you and your waiting and healing, whichever side you are on.

Thanks for any advice. I'm not freaked out about this, just another little hill on the way to full healing.

Peace and Love,
Brinks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-20-2008, 05:10 PM

Hi OnTheBrink,

It may just be part of the healing process with the stitches and it might be a good idea to play it safe..and put a call in to your Dr. to have the stitches checked.

With my LSH, I had dissolvable stitches on my two hip incisions. I had a couple of stubborn stitches that were not dissolving and my Dr. decided to pull them out at my 6 week post-op exam.

So a call to Dr. just sounds like a good idea.

Sending best wishes~

Mary
Unread 01-20-2008, 06:22 PM

Here's a link to a thread I posted on yesterday about this very thing. I had this happen too and now all is well.

https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sho...d.php?t=323722
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-20-2008, 06:47 PM

Hi, Onthe Brink.......I'm glad to hear that you've come through your surgery so well!

I was way too squeamish to ever look at any of my incisions......just kinda gently wiped them each day to keep 'em clean.

Good to "see" ya post-op!!
Unread 01-20-2008, 07:15 PM

I had dermabond for my incisions, but the left took alot longer to heal and is still behind in the healing process.

hugs
Unread 01-20-2008, 07:37 PM

Brinks,
I had the stitches poking through on each side about 3 weeks post op, with a bit of serum oozing out. I called the doctor's office and they had me come in. What they did was pull up on each stitch and snip it, the rest retracted into the incision. Did not hurt at all, and very common. These stitches are important, however, to prevent future hernias, but once you have healed up a bit, the chance of hernia lessens.
Hope this helps,
kim
LSH 6/27/07
Unread 01-20-2008, 08:27 PM

Thanks ladies!

I see the doc on Friday, so I'll let them do as they may. There is no oozing, the area is clean and dry and well healed, so it looks good. Just that one little stitch sticking out.

Thanks so much for your help.

Peace and Love,
Brinks
Unread 01-21-2008, 06:07 PM

Brinks -

I was right...

I, too, have this. I called the dr, they said it is perfectly normal as long as it is not oozing or leaking. They should dissolved and fall out soon. But I would love to hear what your DR has to say on Friday.
Unread 01-21-2008, 07:39 PM

I had the same problem with two of my incisions. There were stitches that were poking out and they were catching on my clothing which was freaking me out....I'm a real baby about that stuff....I ended up pulling them out myself in the shower. I mentioned it to the doctor when I went for my follow up and he explained that the stitches dissolve but they have to knot it and that often doesn't dissolve. He is currently working with a plastic surgeon to try to develop a way to stitch without knotting.
Unread 01-21-2008, 07:56 PM

Hi Becky and Beach,

Yeah, this gets caught on my panties. Glad to know that this is a common problem. I will just wait until Friday and keep the area soft.

Thanks for responding,

Peace and Love,
Brinks

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register