6 weeks, first time :( - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

6 weeks, first time  :( 6 weeks, first time :(

Unread 01-23-2008, 07:19 PM
6 weeks, first time :(

I was cleared at 4wks BUT Dr. said things were still tender, to give it 'a couple more weeks.' Well, I wanted to make ABSOLUTELY sure all was OK.. plus the nerves were kicking in, etc...

Anyway, DH & I tried out the 'new me' somewhere between 8-10wks & everything was TERRIFIC!!! No pain, a little blood (like staining, but it ended as soon as it began..) I know it's hard to wait so long to get back to it, but after reading some stories how some have 'learned the hard way' I'm glad we took our time & waited till we were both comfortable...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-23-2008, 08:06 PM
I waited over 7 weeks

I too was very scared of sex, and waited until a little over 7 weeks, with a very patient hubby!. The first time didn't hurt, but it wasn't good. But after that it got better each time. I was so happy that it still feels good! Was afraid of not having any sensation, but it all works as before! Just relax, and know that the first time or two it probably won't be too good, but be patient. It didn't hurt at all, even the first time (I was very scared that it would hurt) and we didn't need to use lubrication. I heard that without the uterus, the orgasms wouldn't be as good, and maybe they aren't as deep, but they still feel very good. Relax and enjoy. Good luck!
Unread 01-24-2008, 10:33 AM

Okay...this may be too personal, but....what is the easiest position for the first time post-op? I am only two weeks post-op and have a ways to go, but I, too, am already fearing this. My doctor is not easy to talk with and so I am really relying on you all for some advice. Thanks so much!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-24-2008, 10:40 AM

I think that's another your body thing! If it's uncomfortable being on the bottom, switch, or vice versa! Be honest, let your partner know you might have to adjust, and be patient! I think by the time we all hit the 6-8 weeks, we'll be more excited than scared, as your body heals you'll feel ready for it and the fear will get better!
Unread 01-24-2008, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanB3
Okay...this may be too personal, but....what is the easiest position for the first time post-op? I am only two weeks post-op and have a ways to go, but I, too, am already fearing this. My doctor is not easy to talk with and so I am really relying on you all for some advice. Thanks so much!
I wanted to go with me on top so that way I could control things. That worked well. It allowed me to see how much I was able to "tolerate", so to speak
Unread 01-24-2008, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanB3
My DH and I both felt better with me on top the first time... he was just as afraid of hurting me as I was of being hurt. We took it slow - everything worked fine - there was no pain, but I was not very relaxed. The anxiety and fear kept me from really letting go and getting into it. Second time was much better - as I wasn't afraid it would hurt anymore and I was able to relax and have fun.
Unread 01-24-2008, 01:38 PM

oh my! thank you everyone for all this great insight. I am only at 17 days post op, but have all this on my mind, especially "the car not fitting into the garage"! No question is too weird!
Unread 01-24-2008, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dressedupinblue
six weeks is only an average number, you might just need more time to heal. try to rest and try again when you feel up to it..i'm sure things will improve.
My Dr. had me wait 12 weeks (poor DH ... has been putting big red X's on the calendar ). I am still scared of how it is going to feel. I saw my Dr. back in Dec and she everything was looking good, but just to wait. I guess this why, maybe she didn't want to get our hopes up and then tells us we have to wait some more.
Unread 01-24-2008, 03:12 PM

My MD gave me the ok at four weeks, but I waited till almost five. DH swears it was two months! I was still really nervous and made him sit through a basic anotomy lesson first. He's the greatest guy and the most patient man, but he has no clue as to what's really in there or how it was changed.

I made sure I followed some of the advice I found on this site, had lube available, etc. It was ok, no really pain, but a little uncomfortable. It will be better next time if I can just relax and not worry about it.

It will just take us all a little time to get back in the groove. I have hope!

Take your time!
Unread 01-24-2008, 07:54 PM
to all my first time sisters

I had a little outter fun at 3 wks, wasn't planned, had DH checking on the incision and well....one thing led to another and I attained the big O with no pain what so ever....all bodies are different and PLEASE check with your doc to ensure all is ok for you too. My first true time was 5 weeks out and nervous as all hell. I picked bottom so that my belly wouldn't hang or jiggle around so much. He took it slow and let me pull him in so to speak to allow my control and to ease back in, love the terminology! Not only did I not have pain or bleeding but if I would have gotten my mind under control, my body would have enjoyed it more, spent more time worring than enjoying.

Have had several since and each one gets better. Be patient and communicate to your DH's so that they don't feel you've lost the drive to be with but rather your hesitant on the physical part and need his understanding. Trust in your body to let you know what you can handle and follow it's lead....

ENJOY SISTERS, it's like getting to have the first time all over again!!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register