6 weeks, first time :( - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

6 weeks, first time  :( 6 weeks, first time :(

Unread 01-25-2008, 12:31 AM
6 weeks, first time :(

Hi Ladies

progress report time. At 10 1/2 weeks, the car DOES now fit into the garage!!!

As I said before, just keep practising, practising, practising.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-25-2008, 06:25 AM

Maybe TMI- but with this post i doubt it. When you say practicing... how often ? like every other day- or once a week?
What i have decided or was thinking of trying a sneak peak on thursday-
(2 days prior to 6 wk. mark and dh birthday) then go for the real thing on saturday- day of get-away. do you think thats too much?
I know everyone says listen to my body- but other than a occational twinge in side- i have am hearing no answers from there!
Unread 01-25-2008, 06:33 AM

Take it really, really slow and easy. Maybe once a week - or more often if you are comfortable. Remember, there's lots of healing going on and you may still feel twinges and muscular aches from the hysterectomy healing process.

I would say 'go for it on Thursday' - and take it slowly. But be prepared for the possibility that things may not be as perfect as you would like.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-25-2008, 06:59 AM

libra25, thanks for the thoughts! so do you take the small twinges (inside- not sharp pains or anything) as sign thats its not fully ready? or have you found you have those from time to time for a while?

At this point, Im not expecting a whole lot from my end- of course no pain would be nice- but the rest will come in time. Right now, I just want some kind of "satisfaction" for dh- hes been so understanding.
Unread 01-25-2008, 07:07 AM

(((Sisters))), please wait until you get clearance from your doctors before engaging in any type of sexual activity. Yes, the wait can be difficult but there are good reasons for waiting. We expect to get clearance at our six week appointments but there have been many Sisters who do not get clearance at that point. We don't all heal at the same rate and only our doctors can determine if we are ready or not, even if we feel we are ready.

There's good information and things to think about in these links:

Sex - Do I Really Have to Wait Six Weeks?

Sex - Post-Op Libido and Sexual Activities

Post-Op Sex Checkpoint

Doctors have heard these questions many times so there's no need to be embarrassed to call and ask what is and is not allowed at this point in your recovery.

Best wishes as your healing continues!

Unread 01-25-2008, 02:12 PM

Tomorrow I'll have my 6th week post op check up, and I'm afraid as much as most of you to have intercourse, even if my dr. gives me the Ok, I don't think it will happen soon, my DH has been really understanding, he says he might have to wait till 2009 in order for me to feel comfortable

Unread 01-25-2008, 02:42 PM

April Dawn:

Thank you for linking us to those articles. The "yikes!" stories there are valuable proof against early play, and I wish they were posted permanently on the post-op opening page, or flagged in big letters. (Maybe they are, and if so, sorry I didn't see it!) I'm just past 6 wks and have been committed to waiting til my body feels ready, erring on the side of caution.... so lucky to have my DH in complete agreement, honoring my tip-toe-ing.

Big congrats and smiles to all of you who have regained pre-op frivolity. Hope to be joining you soon.

-- Siri
Unread 01-25-2008, 04:00 PM

my dr. gave me all clear for the 6 wk mark -at my 4 wk appoint.
He said he doesnt forsee any problems - as all was healing on time. I mentioned some of the horror stories i read. and he said the only time he saw one case in 22 years- was from someone who tried it at 10 days out. YIKES! so then I told we were going away -the weekend of the 6wk mark and having a bit of wine, dancing etc- he said sounded perfect.

april- the questions i ask... were just to get perspective from other gals who have already been there. not in place of dr. opinion. but thanks for the links. never hurts to read more...
Unread 01-25-2008, 04:14 PM

Quote:
april- the questions i ask... were just to get perspective from other gals who have already been there. not in place of dr. opinion. but thanks for the links. never hurts to read more...
It's fine to ask for input from others. What we all need to be careful about is to not imply to our (((Sisters))) that it's okay to do something based on our experience or based on what our doctor has said. Message boards are wonderful places to share but the input is limited to whomever happens to be on the site at the time the question is posted. From reading multiple years on these boards, I know there have been some very scary situations that have happened from women engaging in sexual activity too soon and, in some cases, even after clearance was given. This isn't meant to scare, but rather to inform. Be careful, be gentle and ease back into this aspect of your post-op life the same as easing back into any other activity, and always with the doctor's clearance.

I hope all goes well for the special time you have planned.

s
Unread 01-25-2008, 05:20 PM

Tina I'm with you... it just may be 2009 or later until I try again!

I'm so glad that I am not the only one not willing to "jump" right in... my first try didn't work, it was painful, i bled and it totally freaked me out. I have other issues, as well, to deal with.

I will try again, only for hubby, he does deserve to have relations, but it surely is going to take awhile. I've starte d that premarin cream hopefully, I will heal and ummm... stretch and will be ok, eventually.

Tina, good luck to you. And I'm glad your hubby is patient, as well.

hugs

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register