6 weeks, first time :( - Page 5 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

6 weeks, first time  :( 6 weeks, first time :(

Unread 01-26-2008, 12:39 PM
6 weeks, first time :(

Hi ladies,
I am now 6 months post op. I had exactly the same thing happen at 6 weeks, even though my husband was very careful and we used astroglide. It gets a little better everytime, but still to this day, right at entry it takes my breath away. I feel smaller....he says maybe a tiny bit, but to me, it feels way smaller. I think this is just part of the deal. It will get better in time though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-26-2008, 09:16 PM

I had to chuckle at the analogy of the car/garage! LOVE IT! Thanks...
Unread 01-26-2008, 09:56 PM

We could always just tell our hubbies we were told to wait 10 wks...LOL I did that after the birth of my first child, because I was so scared. I told him 8 wks this time..... fear of pain.
A weird thing happened this morning though, maybe TMI but I woke up having a "wet dream orgasm" Has this happened to anyone else, and would it cause problems? I think it was the pain meds making me dream crazy things.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-27-2008, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fit&ready
Maybe TMI- but with this post i doubt it. When you say practicing... how often ? like every other day- or once a week?
What i have decided or was thinking of trying a sneak peak on thursday-
(2 days prior to 6 wk. mark and dh birthday) then go for the real thing on saturday- day of get-away. do you think thats too much?
I know everyone says listen to my body- but other than a occational twinge in side- i have am hearing no answers from there!
It's such a personal thing. I'm glad I read these postings before I had sex again for the first time post op....but at the same time, you've got to go with your gut. I was very hesistant and almost no thanks, but once I got in the moment and kicked my nervous thoughts aside, it was good... I'd say heck yes, try it Thursday and then round 2 over the weekend will not be so nerve wrecking... So with all the voices of caution, I'm just throwing in my 2 cents (not at all saying to go against your dr.'s orders, your gut feelings, etc.) and saying enjoy if you can...

My god, I sound like a sex feign. All I really wanted to say was if you're cleared and feel up for it, go for it....and enjoy!
Unread 01-27-2008, 09:08 AM

I am in the same place with you all. I went for my 6 wk checkup and was cleared and of course my hubby was totally excited but I on the other hand was a total wreck. We tried it and it was alright I had some pain but more on the exterior area and less on the interior. When it came down to it my DH was just as nervous as I was. He was soooo concerned about hurting me, so we just took it VERY SLOW and VERY EASY. He was very patient and understanding, which helped a lot. I am sure it will get easier and easier and less stressful each time.

Just take it slow and easy and if you are not ready then don't do it. Remember this has been not only a physical surgery, it messes with your mind and emotions too. You are healing mind, body and soul.

Much Love,
pinkwiley
LAVH-kept both ovaries, CIN111, Adenomyosis
Unread 01-27-2008, 09:22 AM

caa00- thanks for your responce! i worried the same thing about posting my concerns about this (sounding like a sex feign thing) lol.

i guess in some sense at i feel lucky to have interest and a connection to my dh's to think/feel this way. sounds like you do to- and thats a good thing.
Unread 01-28-2008, 10:30 AM

Well it's been 3 months almost since i had my hysterectomy and I can say that I feel so much better. The sex took time and now I have no problems, I do NOT have to use KY or anything. I chose to take a hormon pill and it seems to be working well. Good Luck, with time you will feel lots better and ease into the sex part, I'm sure you will feel uncomfortable the first few times just hang in there. :
Unread 02-02-2008, 06:42 PM

I had my six week check 2 weeks ago. The Dr said I still had some sutures in the cuff area, so nothing in vag for 2 more weeks.
But, I was cleared to go back to work. (BAH)
I have heard that the sutures can hurt the man, so I am glad we waited.

Of course I get the flu at the 8 week mark. So, we are going to wait a bit longer.
Unread 02-02-2008, 08:51 PM

Awww, I hope you recover from the flu soon.
Unread 02-03-2008, 08:24 AM

Well I have to say the first time for me wasn't as bad as I thought it would be! At my 6 week post op the doctor wanted me to wait 2 more weeks. I went back on week 8, he said all the stitches were gone and to give it about another week. So at almost 9 weeks postop I gave the DH the go ahead, but we discussed before hand that we need to be really care and slow for a while. My DH has been very patient and knows how nervous I was about getting back to "normal". I too have read the information on girls not waiting until they get the clearance infact my doc was the first to tell me some horror stuff. I don't think he was doing to scare me or gross me out but just trying to put some importance on letting your body heal.

Good luck to all of you.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register