Hysterectomy dates Jan 21-Jan 28,2008 - Page 15 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jan 21-Jan 28,2008 Hysterectomy dates Jan 21-Jan 28,2008

Unread 02-01-2008, 04:40 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jan 21-Jan 28,2008

Tammy,
Im sure glad you posted because I was beginning to wonder about me. I overdid it......taking a shower!! I cannot believe this long after I still cant sit upright verywell (adjusting my "sit" takes awhile, and if I do more than wash, get out, comb hair...I feel like Im dying. Well I reached up on the top corner of the tubwall to grab my razor and that was that!
I still have quite a bit of bleeding but its brownish now at least. Im soooo tired too. I slept 12 hrs and wouldnt mind 12 more. My appetite is nil, as is my interest in anything else. I sure am hoping that Im just taking a bit longer to heal and something isnt wrong!

hope everyones doing better than I am...and to think I though TVH was the easy one of them all...I recovered faster from my exploded appendix operation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnShutterbug
Well I over did it yesterday, Two times actually! The first time I decieded to take a few pictures of the kids. I got a new camera for Christmas and was missing taking pictures. Well this camera is pretty heavy, then I added my zoom and flash! Big mistake!!! Later we went out to get some supplies, I thought I would grab a few things at the dollar store for a party that I am planning for our homeschool group for Valentines Day, then ride on one of those motorized carts at Walmart. I have been walking at home with no trouble, but I didn't even make it into the 1st store before I was hurting! So I have been taking it a lot easier today. My husband still can't believe I hurt myself holding the camera, I think he thinks I was cleaning or something. My friends were laughing at the thought of me not being able to take pictures ( I always have at least one camera with me!)

My kids had a good laugh watching me drive the cart and especially tought it was funny when it made the beeping sound (like a truck) when I would have to back up. They were good to help put things in the basket for me and I was sure glad my husband unloaded everything for me!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-01-2008, 05:50 PM

Dear Amy
I haven't what you would call ever bled. He told me that i might but the most I've had has been a pinkish spotting. What is so funny now is my bladder leaks and yes I could have had this fixed with my hysterectomy but I would have had to changed doctors and since it's not that bad I chose to not have the sling at this time. But with my bladder infection the medication changes my urine to a very orange color. So instead of bleeding I have orange panties from the bladder leakage.
Change one problem in on another problem but really I can handle the leaking bladder a lot better than the other problems I was having before my surgery.
I kept my ovaries too and have had emotional issues. I don't know if it's hormonal or like you said tired of being tired. But today has so far been my best day ever. I walked down to the stable and was able to pet Dakota my horse and see all my other animals down there. They acted as if they missed me.
I would place another call to your Dr. if you continue to bleed. Just to be on the safe side.
I'll be praying for you!
Katrina
Unread 02-01-2008, 05:54 PM

Maume3 I'm continuing to pray for you. Just give it one day at at time. I was feeling awful two days ago. I told me DH I didn't know if I was going to make it or not. I mean it I was feeling that bad and now two days later I'm feeling so much better. If your bleeding is starting to turn brown that is a good sign that your getting better.
I went through what I called the Post Op blues and it only last a couple of days. I cried at the drop of a hat and sat here feeling like the walls were closing in on me and I was hurting from the bladder spasms.
Just try to keep a good sense of humor through it. I've walked around this house today laughing and talking to myself
Katrina
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-01-2008, 06:45 PM

Thank you so much for your message, Katrina. It all is rather funny, isn't it? What I've learned from this message board is that is always something. There doesn't seem to be such a thing as a normal recovery. And if you don't start laughing, you won't make it.

Maume3, I've been especially taken by your story--I'm so sorry for what you've gone through. I also had trouble getting my pain under control in the hospital, but, wow, your experience sounds horrible! I can also definitely sympathize with the sleeping. The first few nights I couldn't sleep at all, and now I feel like I could easily sleep 12 hours a night.

Well, my Dr. called late this afternoon regarding my bleeding. He wants me to stay in bed all weekend and then come see him on Monday. If the bleeding gets worse, though, he wants me to call or just go straight to the ER. I'm tired, but another 48 hours of straight bedrest sounds tedious as well. (Katrina, I'd much rather be petting your horses.)

Dr. didn't say much (mine never does) but he thinks I might have a tear in one of my incisions. It could be from the bladder sling, though. He didn't say how he would have to fix a tear, though--that's what worries me. I guess I'll find out more on Monday.

Good luck to all of you in your recoveries!
Unread 02-01-2008, 08:32 PM

I wanted to let others know who are still suffering so that you are in my thoughts and prayers. I am so sorry that some of your recoveries are not going as perfectly as you would like.
I do know even though you don't feel like it at the moment that you will feel better once again and I hope it is sooner than later. Some of us have such different experiences and support system and it does make a difference to have this website to offer assistance and spread love to those of our sisters who need a hug and a listening ear. If I can do more, please write me privately.
Unread 02-01-2008, 09:28 PM

Thank you all for your support. I think I would have gone nutty by now without you all (ok, so Im still a little nutty) Emotionally Im feeling a little better, physically however....I have a couple questions before I Bug my doctor on Monday. Has anyone went from the brown back to a lot of red?
2) anyone who had tvh..or I guess any of them really have the problem that when the...umm poo...goes past a certain part of your colon that it feels as though your being torn apart, get sweaty, cold, shaking, and nearly pass out from the pain. Once it passes that area, then eventually evacuates, Im fine...until the next wave. And no, it wasnt too hard..nearly not even formed..yuck, im sorry but not a better way to describe. Anyway, afterwards it was if I had ran a marathon. Im begining to wonder if the bladder and bowel are whats causing most of my problem because I still have that pain in the belly after I pee. oh and has anyone noticed a change in the "flow" I dont mean like strong/weak, I mean as in it seams to go in all directions!
ugh! Im a mess arent I? lol
I cant wait for it to be all over and done...me enjoying life again
Unread 02-02-2008, 05:06 AM

Awww..Maume...I sooo know how that feels! That's what I went through on Wed. and Thursday. I was a freakin mess! My doc had me to do milk of magnesia, then a suppository. If that didn't work he wanted me to do an enema. The 2nd suppository did it, but omg! I was screaming like I was having a baby! It hurt so bad and I had the chills, shakes too. Now, I've got the bladder infection, a sore bum and stomach cramps with diarrhea. I'm ready for this to be over. I did eat last night for the first time. It was just a roll and a bowl of cereal, but the antibiotic is sure to do a number on my tummy and I want to avoid any more pain. gentle hugs to you. I'm still taking my percocet at night to help me sleep.
Unread 02-02-2008, 06:08 PM

Doc said by leaving the cervix I would less likely suffer from bladder pro-lapse. And that he could take cervix if I wanted but it would be a more difficult surgery since my cervix is an odd shape and also attached to some adhesions. I opted to keep cervix and if needed do additional surgery to remove it later. I still have to get pap every 3 months for a year to keep watch. There isn't any history in family for cervix cancer either. My back is still swollen and is only discomfort right now. I had a good bm on friday and still am not bleeding vaginally.
Unread 02-02-2008, 06:17 PM

The things we get to talk about here, huh girls??

Honestly, for me the bowel thing is the worst! I think just today I took MOM, stool softeners and miralax. An explosion should happen any time. LOL.

For the record, I am not bleeding at all. No idea if that is relevant. Peeing seems weird, but not in a bad way. Seminole, the back swelling is strange...Grace, you are in my thoughts. I hope you are snuggled in bed happily and that you wont' need to go back in.

Hang in there Chickies...we can do this. We will all feel better in the morning.
Unread 02-02-2008, 06:51 PM

maume3: Yes, my pees does that too. And while we are on the subject of voiding and stooling My pee also goes slow and then it stops and then it starts again and then it stops. That has never happened before but definitely when it isn't slow it goes in all directions. I think it is a bladder infection and I do have antibiotics for that so I will see if it goes away. Hang in there Girl. One day soon you will be back to normal and feel like doing high-impact aerobics!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register