Hysterectomy dates Jan 21-Jan 28,2008 - Page 16 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports


HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Reply

Hysterectomy dates Jan 21-Jan 28,2008 Hysterectomy dates Jan 21-Jan 28,2008

Thread Tools
  #151  
Unread 02-02-2008, 07:06 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jan 21-Jan 28,2008

I had my surgery on Jan. 15 (LSH) and I had a yellow-brownish discharge about 4 days after. It turned more yellow and then I came down with a fever and ended up in the hospital with a infection above my cervix. I am on antibotics and it is now red. Be careful of the color of the discharge.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #152  
Unread 02-02-2008, 09:21 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jan 21-Jan 28,2008

  Quote:
Originally Posted by yvetterhoffmann
I had my surgery on Jan. 15 (LSH) and I had a yellow-brownish discharge about 4 days after. It turned more yellow and then I came down with a fever and ended up in the hospital with a infection above my cervix. I am on antibotics and it is now red. Be careful of the color of the discharge.
Hey girl, I've got the old necrosis in the cervix thing going. I got in to see my doc right away and he put me on 2 nasty antibiotics. The pain in my back is almost completely gone and I'm only on day 2. I was getting to where standing and sitting really hurt. I cannot wait for it to be all cleared up.

I hope you are healing up now. How are you feeling?
  #153  
Unread 02-03-2008, 07:38 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jan 21-Jan 28,2008

I had surgery on the 23rd TVH and bladder repair plus other repairs, leg pain was the worst pain of recovery. I am finally doing some exercising and it helps with the ligament that was attached to. I still have the cath and that is a pain, doc says when the pain gets better I can pee??? I am so bored, can't wait to go shopping!! Gilbertgal
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #154  
Unread 02-03-2008, 07:54 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jan 21-Jan 28,2008

Gilbertgal, the catheter must be such a pain! Is it attached to your leg? So you have to wait until you have less pain to get rid of it? That would be incentive to sit tight and rest I guess.

I find I am bored already too. I had hoped to do a lot of needlepoint, but can't find a comfortable position to sit. I may have DH pick up a recliner from our rental house to see if that helps. It is pretty ugly, but probably comfortable.
  #155  
Unread 02-03-2008, 07:57 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jan 21-Jan 28,2008

It's been 2 weeks since my surgeryn(the 18th). Haven't been taking any pain meds, since about the 2nd day home. Yesterday, went shopping with my daughter and the grandbaby. Must admit that I overdid it . I wasn't feeling any pain and was feeling really good, so I guess I thought I was progressing faster than I thought. Last night, was feeling the pain, so took pain meds. Hubby wasn't too happy with me, needless to say. Today, feeling better, but don't plan on doing much of anything. Have been really lucky with my recovery.
  #156  
Unread 02-03-2008, 08:04 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jan 21-Jan 28,2008

  Quote:
Originally Posted by whisperingwind
It's been 2 weeks since my surgeryn(the 18th). Haven't been taking any pain meds, since about the 2nd day home. Yesterday, went shopping with my daughter and the grandbaby. Must admit that I overdid it . I wasn't feeling any pain and was feeling really good, so I guess I thought I was progressing faster than I thought. Last night, was feeling the pain, so took pain meds. Hubby wasn't too happy with me, needless to say. Today, feeling better, but don't plan on doing much of anything. Have been really lucky with my recovery.

That is great news Whisper! For your suffering, did you at least get some good stuff??? I'm glad for you that you have had a good recovery. We need to make sure the waiting princesses know that recovery can go well!! I think you were brave to go shopping so early, it gives me hope. I'm going a little nuts at home.
  #157  
Unread 02-03-2008, 08:17 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jan 21-Jan 28,2008

Just about to the 2 week mark and I am still amazed at how limited those of us posting here are.. including me. For all of you who have commented on the peeing - I have urgency issues with a good deal of pain/pressure right before I go - then during the pressure is pretty intense. Dr. thinks that it is due to my internals trying to get back to where they were before the surgery and having them moved all about (taken out and put back in) - as well although I have had no issue with eating and BM - went the second day I was home (stool softners = best friend) I am same here - urgency, terrible gas pains and then like many of you the ripping it out of you pain during going - seems to be the same, my bowel is trying to put itself in a comfy spot?? I don't think we were all prepared for that type of fun!!
My big thing right now is I want to go out, I want to do laundry (DH takes it down and I do it) but while I am mobile in the house, the stairs (we have a lot) seem to drain me, by 8pm I am totally shot! When can I go back to yoga? when can I go for a long walk, take my dogs out - do anything for a preiod of time - my brain wants to go but my belly says no.. So this brings me to the newest development - I AM CRYING all the time - is anyone else out there with this terrible feeling of dread? I am not on HRT - possible I should look into it? Any advise?
  #158  
Unread 02-03-2008, 08:24 AM
10 days post op, new to site

I am not sure if I am doing this right, I saw no place that said "new Post" only "reply". I hope this posts ok.
I am 10 days post op from a TAH. I am feeling pretty good, have good support from family, but was really unprepared for the back and forth of it all. I had a rough start, my surgery went well, but post op had a bad reaction to the morphine pump..........even with a low dose.....I had never been on morphine before and my body does not like it. They were unable to wake me. I was told they were doing chest massage and I was vaguely aware at times of voices yelling "wake up" and "you are scaring us". They ended up giving me two doses of Narcan (to reverse a drug overdose usually, I'm told) to wake me. So the next few days proceed as I pretty much expected and I came home about 48 hours after surgery. I felt like I had been hit by a truck. But two days later I am feeling surprisingly good and stay up, at home, without much rest. By that I mean, watching t.v., reading, being "up", not in bed. By the end of day two, I had a lower back ache and my tummy felt ten sizes too big. I joined the site last night and found out about the swelly belly thing so I figure that's what it was. I spent all day yesterday in bed. Some sleep, but also reading etc. I feel somewhat better today and will not overdo it again. I will have bed time today as well. My steri stips are starting to curl and I have lost a few. I had a growing black and blue on the right side of my incision, but that appears to be dissapating. Anyway, I am so very thankful for this site. Thank you! I wish I had discovered it pre op. My hubby and I spent time last night cruising it a bit for post op info and it was helpful to both of us.
  #159  
Unread 02-03-2008, 08:52 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jan 21-Jan 28,2008

  Quote:
Originally Posted by bookworm1991
Hey girl, I've got the old necrosis in the cervix thing going. I got in to see my doc right away and he put me on 2 nasty antibiotics. The pain in my back is almost completely gone and I'm only on day 2. I was getting to where standing and sitting really hurt. I cannot wait for it to be all cleared up.

I hope you are healing up now. How are you feeling?
I'm feeling better everyday. The antibiotics are nasty and I have lost 5 lbs since being on them. I have no appetite. I hope that the pain I had in my back for almost 10 years is gone as well once I am healed up. Just curious, why did you chose to keep your cervix?
  #160  
Unread 02-03-2008, 09:57 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jan 21-Jan 28,2008

  Quote:
Originally Posted by CRMASS
Just about to the 2 week mark and I am still amazed at how limited those of us posting here are.. including me. For all of you who have commented on the peeing - I have urgency issues with a good deal of pain/pressure right before I go - then during the pressure is pretty intense. Dr. thinks that it is due to my internals trying to get back to where they were before the surgery and having them moved all about (taken out and put back in) - as well although I have had no issue with eating and BM - went the second day I was home (stool softners = best friend) I am same here - urgency, terrible gas pains and then like many of you the ripping it out of you pain during going - seems to be the same, my bowel is trying to put itself in a comfy spot?? I don't think we were all prepared for that type of fun!!
My big thing right now is I want to go out, I want to do laundry (DH takes it down and I do it) but while I am mobile in the house, the stairs (we have a lot) seem to drain me, by 8pm I am totally shot! When can I go back to yoga? when can I go for a long walk, take my dogs out - do anything for a preiod of time - my brain wants to go but my belly says no.. So this brings me to the newest development - I AM CRYING all the time - is anyone else out there with this terrible feeling of dread? I am not on HRT - possible I should look into it? Any advise?
(((ladies)))

Just a gentle reminder ~ if you have any questions about your recovery, please start a new thread so all our post-op members can see it and have the opportunity to respond ~ particularly those who are further post-op and have more experience to share. This is the best way to get support! Please check out Princess Bea Well's introduction on this thread for further information.

Sending all good wishes and thanks for your understanding!

Reply

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register




Thread Tools

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
From This Forum From Other Forums
678 Replies, Last Reply 01-19-2012, Started By Princess Bea Well
664 Replies, Last Reply 12-30-2010, Started By Princess Bea Well
2567 Replies, Last Reply 01-25-2010, Started By Princess Bea Well
574 Replies, Last Reply 04-09-2009, Started By Princess Bea Well
429 Replies, Last Reply 02-04-2009, Started By Princess Bea Well
808 Replies, Last Reply 01-06-2009, Started By Princess Bea Well
164 Replies, Last Reply 08-19-2008, Started By Princess Bea Well
601 Replies, Last Reply 08-09-2008, Started By Princess Bea Well
515 Replies, Last Reply 06-28-2008, Started By Princess Bea Well
721 Replies, Last Reply 05-29-2008, Started By Princess Bea Well
11 Replies, Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)
3 Replies, Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)
0 Reply, da Vinci Hysterectomy Stories
3 Replies, Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)
0 Reply, Vaginal Hysterectomy Stories
4 Replies, Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)
0 Reply, Abdominal Hysterectomy Stories
0 Reply, Vaginal Hysterectomy Stories
0 Reply, Laparoscopic Hysterectomy Stories



Advertisement

Hysterectomy News

May 7,2021

CURRENT NEWS

HysterSisters Takes On Partner To Manage Continued Growth And Longevity
I have news that is wonderful and exciting! This week’s migration wasn’t a typical migration - from one set ... News Archive

TODAY'S EVENTS

Calendar - Hysterectomies - Birthdays


Request Information


I am a HysterSister

HYSTERECTOMY STORIES

Featured Story - All Stories - Share Yours

FOLLOW US


Your Hysterectomy Date


CUSTOMIZE Your Browsing  



Advertisement


Advertisement