Hysterectomy dates Jan 21-Jan 28,2008 - Page 21 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jan 21-Jan 28,2008 Hysterectomy dates Jan 21-Jan 28,2008

Unread 02-05-2008, 12:26 PM
progress

Hi everyone
it sounds as if we are all on track in the same time frame, similar symptoms. I too am bored stiff, afraid to do too much, adhesions are my biggest worry.
My bladder too feels sore at the beginning and end of going, more so earlier in the day now, was all the time up until this past weekend.
I get tired fast, I spot more when I am upright and walking too long. I too am concerned how I will return to full tilt in 6 weeks after all this inactivity/restriction.
I am suffering greatly from insomnia, does this ease with time. Havent been given HRT yet, may have to wait 6months due to endo.
I am grateful for this site, not getting much interactions with others, must be doing my responding wrong?
would love to hear from folks.
thanks
L
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-05-2008, 12:56 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jan 21-Jan 28,2008

Oh yeah...a sense of humor helps. I'm attempting to go to my class tonight. It's from 4-7pm. I need to find a comfortable chair. It's in a high school and the desks are not very comfy. Maybe I can find the teacher's chair.
Unread 02-05-2008, 01:05 PM

Louie, I don't know about the insomnia, have you tried a Tylenol PM or even just a benedryl before bed? Sometimes that helps me. I kept my ovaries so I don't know much about HRT. You could call your doctor and ask.

Nancy...I hope your class isn't too much for you. You should look for the principal's chair! Good luck tonight!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-05-2008, 02:56 PM

Hey y'all,

Good to see some of y'all feeling better. I'm having a rough time with my back again. It's crunch time for work and my back does not appreciate it. I'll talk to the doc on Thursday when I see him.

Louie-sometimes you have to be persistent or have like a really terrible experience before you get input. Hang in there. Just keep chatting away and people will get back with you, like me. Hey! How are you?!

Have you read any good books lately? I'm dying to jump in with some old favorites, but I have to get work and school done first. Once month end is over, I'm shutting work off and it's me time. This is way too much for poor little old me. Wah! When is it time for me? LOL Drama queen time.

A friend came to see me today and that helped. Got me off the computer for a bit for some good conversation and some tea. I'm having a hard time enjoying coffee these days. What is up with that? I seem to be losing my taste for it still. I thought it was because of the hurling in the hospital, but now it may be permanent. What's a girl to do? I guess I won't be so wired anymore.
Unread 02-05-2008, 05:02 PM
still healing

Hi Everyone,
Just thought I would bring you all up to speed on how I'm feeling. I have not been on very much because all I seem to do these days is either sleep or pray on the toilett for the pain to stop. I can stay in there for wishing for a BM & still nothing. I miss my bed because it is upstairs. I have been staying downstairs here more of fear that my husband may roll over & touch me. Doesn't take much for the pain still because of this purple bikini I still wear. I have about the same appeitite that my 8 month old granddaughter has. I am pushing the water, juice but all that does is give me gas too. Last weekend my husband sat up w/ me most of the night he had me tears from laughing that the whole next day I cried because my belly hurt. So laugh ladies just not to much. Now I'm just going crazy because no one will run the for me. I'm doing small things like dishes & folding the laundry that my son does. & today I made upstairs only to get upset on how MEN think things are clean. Yea right. I told my husband that tonight I was going to my bed. I miss it. I still wake up a few times a night w/ either pain from turning wrong or those NIGHT SWEATS. : TG I have a hand held fan for those. Alot of the purple is fading but still to much that I don't dare ever wear a real bikini. LOL Most of the swelling is down. Now I just look like a purple balloon. Thank You Everyone. Good luck to all the Princesses.
Unread 02-05-2008, 05:54 PM

Oh Kathy! I hope you feel better soon. Are you taking anything for your bathroom issues? Try not to look at the floors...you'll feel better!
Unread 02-05-2008, 06:22 PM

Kathy............and all the rest of us..........who would've thought we'd have to do our lamaze breathing just to have a b.m? I find that I am doing that and I would bet that alot of you out there are doing it too. My purple marks are fading too. Thankfully. Just got home, hubby took me out to dinner. First time out of the house since I got home from the hospital on 1/27. It felt good, but after only two hours gone, I am pooped. I hope you all have an easier day tomorrow and feel happy and content. Try not to see the dust!!!!! Or anything that is out of place. Avert your eyes, don't look at it!!!!
Unread 02-05-2008, 07:03 PM

The bathroom issues can be devastating. I've been supplementing my fiber intake with ground flax in whatever and magnesium/calcium supplements. They seem to really help keep me regular. I have hemmoroids so I can never let things get backed up.

After that first one, things have been regular.

Kathy, hope you get some relief soon. When I go upstairs, I just close the doors. I have 3 teens. I have them do the floors at least once a week and try to overlook things in general. Things aren't perfect, but it's not a pigsty either. They are doing their best....well...LOL

Beth, you are a ray of sunshine on these boards. Hope you are healing up well too.

Wolfsimon-what did you have for dinner? Great advice there. If you don't look at it, the mess does not exist.
Unread 02-06-2008, 06:18 AM

i went for my 2 wk post op appt yesterday (was suppose to be 1 wk but she was out of office) things are great havent had pain pills in about a week now...haveing 2-3 bm a day with just painful pressure but isnt bad i went back to work this morning( i only work an hour a day) and going to start slow on treadmill today. the hardest part is not picking up my youngest he is 2 and just dont understand why mommy wont pick him up and take him to bed at night.. Will just be glad when i can go back to normal stuff and be able to lift again.

Just take things one day at a time. and let the little things go until you feel able to do them.
Unread 02-06-2008, 06:43 AM

hi everyone, 16 days out and I feel better today. I had my foley bag removed yesterday. Seems they put a hole in my bladder during surgery and nobody caught it. They sent me home even though I had quite a bit of blood in my urine thinking it was OK I went home even though it was sooooo painful to go the bathroom. Went back to my DR the next day with the pee/pain issue she sent me for a CT scan and sent me home with a UTI pill and an anitbiotic ended back in emergency the next morning very ill I had been throwing up for hours and filled with over 2 gallons of urine going into toxic shock. I saw my CT results yesterday and it said large fluid collection possibly hemmorage and she sent me home! Needless to say instead of resting, I have been back and forth to the Doctor's and also now have a new OBGYN! Feeling better bladder is starting to heal and now I am going to take a nap because nobody is home to stop me!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register