Hysterectomy dates Jan 21-Jan 28,2008 - Page 27 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jan 21-Jan 28,2008 Hysterectomy dates Jan 21-Jan 28,2008

Unread 02-07-2008, 06:32 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jan 21-Jan 28,2008

Unfortunately Im not!
My hubby has been home a total of 2 days since surgery (last night went to dinner - big mistake)
And my nearly 18yr old son is too wrapped up in himself to remember I exist right now. Good thing came of it though..I lost 10lbs since surgery because unless its quick and I can bring it to bed, I dont eat..lol
On the 17th however they both will be with me for a week because were going to Florida to celebrate our sons coming of age ...unless of course they just leave me in the hotel and go do their thing.

It doesnt matter I guess, Ill heal either way and at least I have all of you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play4Gumbo
Maume3,

You poor precious princess - I hope that you were just kidding.
Play4Gumbo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-07-2008, 07:09 PM

Maume3,

A few friends kidnapped me for lunch yesterday, and I am suffering too today. Lots of beddie bye time. We must keep in our pretty little heads that we have just undergone major surgery and our poor punctured bodies are still trying to recover.

Keeping that in mind, have you spoken to your Dr. about your upcoming trip to the Sunshine state? I had to decline a trip to Orlando later this month to visit with cousins/R&R in sunshine (which is seriously lacking in our neck of the woods these days!). I checked with my doc this morning, and he said "Absolutley NO WAY". Perhaps it's because he knows me - totally Type A, and always up for a fun time = bad recovery patient. Unfortunately, Orlando has too many distractions for this recently punctured princess. Perhaps it's because I would be traveling there alone to the airport with luggage and otherwise heavy, forbidden items, but I would check to be sure that negotiating the airport is an authorized adventure. If you do have permission to go, make sure that you do not pick up a thing, and get lots of rest while you're there. They have Pillow Police in Florida too, you know. If DH & DS leave you at the hotel, consider that a blessing and take the day poolside, soaking up the sunshine with a good book (& lots of SPF).

I am jealous about your weight loss. Good for you! With so little activity here, I fear that I will be gaining all that you have lost. Oh, well. All in due time. I'll worry about it in another 4 weeks when I can sensibly return to normal activity. I'll be glad when the baby elephant who has taken residence in my belly goes away.

You are surrounded by a land of virtual princesses, and we are all here for you. Be sure to take care of yourself - first and foremost.
Unread 02-07-2008, 07:25 PM

Yep, the trip was planned pre surgery and he said as long as I !)see him the friday before leaving- which i see him the 15th we leave the 17th. 2) I promise to walk the plane at least once during the flight to Punta Gorda, and we stop every 45 minutes to an hour on our drive to Orlanda. and 3)I come see him when I return to discuss if he needs to remove the ovaries.
We have tickets to Universal studios - unlimited the time we are there, but other than that nothing else planned...maybe go down international once or twice. We had rented a house that we always get, but the timeframe didnt work this time so were staying at a hotel about a block from Universal...it seems to have good and bad reviews but we've never been there.
Im thinking that I will see how Im feeling then, and decide weather I rent a scooter. I may just let the boys go off on their own to ride the rides while I shop, look, take pictures....but I am so going to miss the rides!
I am looking forward to some warmth! As you know this midwest weather sucks right now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-07-2008, 07:32 PM

I have been blessed with great support from friends, family, and the staff in the hospital was awesome. Only one "stinker" - and one of the nurses was an angel - I swear, she was so kind, sweet, caring. and encouraging that I don't know what I would have done that first night. I called once when I was feeling like I was losing the battle with nausea, and she came pounding up the hall like a race horse. I feel so bad for you ladies who had to go through this and deal with unkind and unprofessional people on top of it.
Unread 02-07-2008, 07:52 PM

I too was blessed with great staff during my stay at the Castle. One nurse in particular was working two doubles (16 hour shifts) two days in a row, so I got to know her pretty well. What a sweetheart. It must have been a slow time, because she spent a lot of time chatting with me when she was bored. She was FULL of helpful recovery tips.

Even the housekeeping staff was very congenial. The day I checked out of the Castle, one of the housekeeping gals stuck around after her shift was over because she wanted to make sure to wish me good luck before I left.

Be sure to remember your helping healers. A small gift or thank you note to let them know that you appreciate them is a small gesture on our part, but it gives them a great sense of satisfaction for doing their otherwise thankless jobs. I even made sure to write a thank you for the housekeeper and brought her a little gift, and she cried. No one had ever done that for her. It's the small things that make a difference, and its down to the small people in the hospital who can make such a big difference in your recovery stay. Don't forget them!
Unread 02-07-2008, 09:22 PM

The recent pathology report with positive stage 1 cancer is still on my mind but have to have faith that it all went away with the pooped out uterus. I do have this strange pain in my lower right rib cage. I get my last meal brought in tomorrow night and I am debating whether to even accept it and tell them we are all fine.

Fortunately, I am pretty much back to normal. I haven't taken my estrogen since I found out about the cancer and so I was up all night with those darn heating sensations and I don't mean in a good way. Other than that you all are so amazing and if it wasn't for the support here I don't think my recovery would have been so positive.

Julie
Unread 02-08-2008, 03:35 AM

Hi all,

It's been 2 weeks since my surgery in the hospital with the mini-bar in the rooms. I took my bandages and steri-strips off my holes today and finally got to scratch those places under the tape.

Everything looks okay but I do have some twinges at one of the holes where the doctor pulled everything through. So how do you tell if there is an infection? Just wondering, I don't think I have one but just in case, maybe I should double check with you all.

DH and I went walking around our apartment complex and found a nice surprise. They have put in a "jogging" track that includes a 5 lane 100 meter section. The track is mostly cement and the 100m track is pavement. Early in the morning or after sunset it's cooler outside so having a safe place to walk is nice. So I guess I can start to do some "normal" things, cooking and ironing are not "normal". Facials, pedicures and manicures I think are the "normal" things I suppose to start doing now. Wonder if DH realizes that yet.
Unread 02-08-2008, 05:48 AM
Feeling sooooo much better today!

Wow...what a difference a night makes! (and the right antibiotic!) I was really hurting yesterday from the bladder infection I guess. I took two percocet last night(instead of 1) and slept pretty good. I only got up 3 times to pee! Since coming home I'd been up 6-7 times a night plus the 10 times a day! So that was much better and I'm not in pain this morning! I even had a normal/pain free bm! Allelulia!!! I've been walking just around the block slowly and I even went to Target on Wed. and did some damage to my bank account.
Anyway...hoping this is the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow and not just the afteraffects of percocet.
Unread 02-08-2008, 06:59 AM

Hey y'all,

It's good to see some of us on the mend and feeling a bit better. Maume3, catch some rays for me. My folks live in Haines City and what I wouldn't give to go down there for some sunshine. Is it snowing in Ohio? It is here north of Pittsburgh.

I'm exhausted. I've been busting my butt on the laptop for work this week and it is so tiring. It takes twice as long to do stuff at home. Whine, whine, whine. Feels good to whine.
Went to doctor and he scraped the crap out of my cervix, literally, and gave me another week of flagyl. The infection is being stubborn. I'm going to put dinner plans on hold until I can enjoy a nice glass of vino with dinner. Plus, I am flat out tired.

I was sitting at my laptop and started burning up. Another mini flash. You can really feel the heat start to radiate outward. The waistband of my sweats are, you guessed it, sweaty and the girls are dripping in the crease.

Well, I'm going to get back to work so I can finish up so I can start on homework. Never a dull moment. End of whine. LOL
Unread 02-08-2008, 07:07 AM

Hi Allie,
I'm sure the cervix scraping wasn't fun. That alone could keep a girl in the house with her legs crossed...never mind whining!

I seem to be having night sweats, but it hasn't happened during the day yet. Something to look forward to today.

A friend is taking me out to lunch later. We are going to walk around some shops and get some air. I can't wait!

Good luck with your work and homework. Hope it goes quickly...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register