Hysterectomy dates Jan 21-Jan 28,2008 - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jan 21-Jan 28,2008 Hysterectomy dates Jan 21-Jan 28,2008

Unread 01-25-2008, 05:22 PM
Hemoglobins

LAVH on 1-22-08 Had my surgery on Tues. Kept Ovaries & tubes. just got home today Friday. I look like a giant purple whatever. I came out of surgery all good Until I got to my room when the nurse noticed a few small bruises near my belly button. These slowly over night got bigger & bigger. I had Hemoglobins which they confirmed w/ a CT scan. These are doing good now that is way I had to stay in the hospital for 4 days. I had to have a blood transfusion. I am low on iron. even thou all this happen which I am taking as good news. Because the CT scan found that I have some kind of calicum growing on the main artery coming from my heart that splits off to both legs. Now after I get healed up from my hyster. I can look forward to seeing new dr. about what is going on w/ my heart. I see this as good news because now I won't have the silent killer, It whispered to the Dr. now.
lots of gas That on day 4 while still in the hospital I had 3 very loss BM & one, when I got home here. TG for pain meds. because my dogs really really missed me. they know I'm not feeling well so they are being good for me
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-25-2008, 06:47 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jan 21-Jan 28,2008

Kathy,
Glad your ok now. I hope things are ok soon with your heart also.
Unread 01-25-2008, 10:20 PM
Surgery went well & feeling better today

Just got home at noon today. First 2 days were torture with the gas pain, but today, I feel so much better! I'm still slow getting up, but once I'm up, I can move like pretty much normal. I don't know many details about my surgery, as my surgeon had a family emergency and had to go out of state the day after the operation. I don't know exactly what he did or what stage I endo I had. I just know I am getting better, no side effects as of yet and feel almost elated, feeling that my back and ovary pain is no longer there! My pain level is about a 3, when it was about a 6-7, with my period on the medication. I can't wait to see how I feel tomorrow. I hope you all heal well and hang in there! I am so glad it's over.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-25-2008, 10:47 PM

glad your doing better
Im hoping the extra pain I have isnt the left behind ovaries, but the gas pain IS horrendous
Kim

Quote:
Originally Posted by goghfish89
Just got home at noon today. First 2 days were torture with the gas pain, but today, I feel so much better! I'm still slow getting up, but once I'm up, I can move like pretty much normal. I don't know many details about my surgery, as my surgeon had a family emergency and had to go out of state the day after the operation. I don't know exactly what he did or what stage I endo I had. I just know I am getting better, no side effects as of yet and feel almost elated, feeling that my back and ovary pain is no longer there! My pain level is about a 3, when it was about a 6-7, with my period on the medication. I can't wait to see how I feel tomorrow. I hope you all heal well and hang in there! I am so glad it's over.
Unread 01-26-2008, 07:21 AM

Hi Everyone,

I had a lsh on Jan 24, everything went great- nice people- good pain meds and NO MORE FIBROIDS!!!
I had a fibroid wrapped around my back- pressing on some nerves!! I knew that's why I had back issues.
I haven't had any real pain-just LOTS of gas, I'm looking forward to feeling good again.
Best wishes to all others who are in recovery!!!
Unread 01-26-2008, 11:13 AM

I will be praying for your recovery and that everything is ok with your heart as well.
Unread 01-26-2008, 11:59 AM
made it through tvh

got home yesterday, dr had to do more repair that he thought. lost one overy and had a hernia. bladder attatched to a ligament connected to my leg and can hardly walk, neet to stretch out. on meds and using hot pad on my leg, will try to get off med tomorrow, not sleeping well but fall asleep wthen reading or watching tv gilbertgal
Unread 01-26-2008, 03:37 PM
leg pain

gilbertgal,
Does the pain from the bladder attached to the ligament feel like it goes from your belly down to your knee? I can not figure out what this pain is I have, wonder if thats it? I am finding out that other things were done, little by little...Like having to be "shocked" because my heart stopped after I woke up in so much pain, and them trying an epidural that didnt work, also the pain I have on my left hip being from them giving me shots when my bp was out of control. I think eventually Ill know all of it.
Kim

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilbertgal
got home yesterday, dr had to do more repair that he thought. lost one overy and had a hernia. bladder attatched to a ligament connected to my leg and can hardly walk, neet to stretch out. on meds and using hot pad on my leg, will try to get off med tomorrow, not sleeping well but fall asleep wthen reading or watching tv gilbertgal
Unread 01-26-2008, 04:51 PM
First day home

Quote:
Originally Posted by maume3
I hear ya! Im in so much pain 55 hrs post op that Ive now been instructed to take double the pain meds. I really really would like to have a BM. at least I can pass gas now..but man do I feel full. Im wondering though since they did do some cutting and stitching on the sigmoid colon if thats why I havent went yet. My tummy is so swollen it looks prego!

Hope you feel better soon too.
I think Im going to try to shower (havent been able to stand that long yet) and maybe I'll feel better.
My surgery was Thursday 24th of Jan. I just got home today.
I feel for you I'm taking hydro pills and ibuprophin for the pain. I haven't had a BM either. When I feel bloated and constipated I drink "Smooth Move" tea before I got to bed. It seems to help me. I was also glad to hear someone share about walking. I always feel better when I'm doing outside things.
Hang in there your not alone.
Unread 01-26-2008, 05:09 PM

well monday the 21st I had my TVH. I can tell you it wasn't quite what I expected. I opted not to have a spinal-- afterwards my back pain was awful, I am a person with a really high pain tollerance and wow I just can't believe how it knocked me out. Glad that it is over though, the anticipation for the operation was really getting to me. My doctor was great except for the pain medication factor, she really dropped the ball on helping me handle the pain. I came home on Wed. and was pretty miserable until Friday night I finally started feeling better. She gave me 1 vicodine every 6 hours for pain and it just was not enough to handle the pain. After several phone calls to her from home she would not perscribe anything else. but now saturday afternoon I feel so much better and am glad that it is all behind me now.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register