Hysterectomy dates Jan 21-Jan 28,2008 - Page 38 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jan 21-Jan 28,2008 Hysterectomy dates Jan 21-Jan 28,2008

Unread 02-12-2008, 04:37 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jan 21-Jan 28,2008

CafePink - it good to hear the bleeding is less than before. Maybe doctors should say say long and how much blood instead of just bleeding. If a doctor had asked me how much blood loss I had I would have found out that I was in the way over the top monthly blood loss long ago instead of asking about pain, which I never had. I've also had other doctors with the "I don't really believe you" attitude only later for them to look surprised with the "you actually know something" look. I started responding "yes I know" when they say "your right".

Tracy, I've been putting moisturizer on my whole body, since my surgery. You can go on strike if you want, we could come over and help picket. Sometimes the family is more problem than the problem is.

I find myself waking up rather hot and sweaty at night. The temperature control loop is not working together quite right yet. Of course last night it was the pile being driven into the ground at 1:30 a.m.! I laid awake listening to them pound away. The idea that people are sleeping is not deterrent to the city from doing all the construction at night. This work is 5 minutes down the road but sounds like it's right next door.

Will I'm in a bad mood not getting enough sleep last night so I should quite complaining and go have coffee. Guess I'll have to more my purple band to my other wrist now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-12-2008, 07:22 PM

hi
I too have pink to reddish brown discharge most days, picks up when I am upright moving around more, no strong odor, went to the doctors 2/11 for first post op visit, he says this is ok, can go on for a while.
I get tired easier than I did before, but even that is improving.
Odorous discharge could mean an infection, should get checked, some folks have to go on antibiotics for it.
Thanks
Unread 02-12-2008, 07:37 PM

Indo- Funny you should say about going on Strike, because the day before my surgery the Support Staff at the district that I work for went on strike which technically included me. Lucky me I didn't have to walk the line. It was only 5 degrees with windchills of 15 below. I took my peeps soup and coffee.. We won and they are back to work now.

I understand what you are saying about family. UGHH, sometimes I just want to scream.

We too are getting lots of snow and ice here in good ole' PA.

Cheryl- I wish you the best. Don't worry about what your family tells you about the pain pills. I have said it before and I will say it again. They do not feel like you do. They must not realize that this is considered major surgery. Not just getting a tooth pulled. Sometimes you need a little something, something to help you get by. I too am having trouble sleeping. Tonight I am going to take some Tylenol PM and see what happens. I have only had about 4 hours or so since the surgery. I do not sleep during the day at all. My hubby keeps saying it is because I am not as active. Hmmmm.. maybe, maybe not...

Louie- I called doctor they say it is normal during week 3 and 4. Stitches are starting to disolve. Maume said this to me also. Would be nice if they told you stuff like this before you left the hospital.

Well all I hope everyone has a peaceful and restful night.

Tracy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-12-2008, 07:59 PM

I cant wait to go! We got a bunch of snow last night now its raining. Tomorrow I need to get out and get my sons gift and cake for his 18th birthday (valentines baby). After that we are going to get things packed . It will be easy since summer stuff isnt needed here right now so all can be packed without fear of needing something. Then Thursday I will clean the house and prep it for our absence, give my son his gift so he can get it ready for the trip (MP3 player) since its his first ever plane ride I thought if he got upset it should take his mind off of it. Then maybe take him out to dinner. Friday is my appointment with my doctor. He's planning on an internal exam that he said will be a complete one since he is trying to see if he will release me for sex (pain w/ sex is one of the things he was trying to cure and needs to know if it was ovarian) if so, Wednesday of our trip my son is being taken to swim with the dolphins (gift from the lady going with us) so hubby and I will be alone all day and into the night. ONLY IF he straightens his butt up, that will be our SEXTEST day.

How Im doing...well, hubby became a big pain in the rump and decided that no "instructions" were going to tell him how I should be feeling or not doing and demanded I do what he said. Its been a horrible few days to say the least and I almost decided to move out instead of go to Florida. The only thing his little rage accomplished was me sleeping on the couch, having a lot of pain both physically and mentally and nothing getting accomplished anyway.

As for my healing....I had stopped bleeding a few days before his big blow up on Saturday night. I still had a few brown specs (which I was told was stitches) and had stopped having bowel and bladder pain, and no more bm or gas issues. I pretty much felt normal except the every now and then vaginal shooting pains that are quick, intense, but gone as fast as they come (healing Im told)...but...once all that happened with hubby, and in anger I did what he made me, I began spotting, then bleeding, and hurting horribly again. Last night I decided he wasnt going to ruin MY RECOVERY. He's never even been close to having surgery...been very ill, and for that matter he's only been sick, at all, only 2 times in the 17yrs Ive known him!! So for him to say anything is rediculous. Just because a lady at his work CLAIMS she was back to normal in 3 days..ugh! Anyway I spent last night and all day today doing nothing and Ive stopped all bleeding (But have a, mostly clear, discharge) I still am having some cramping but hopefully by Sunday when we leave it will be gone.
Mentally I WAS feeling pretty good.I was actually beginning to finally feel like I was on the top side of the bottom and could see the light at the end of this horrible tunnel...so for me this was a few steps backwards..heck, it was a few HUGE leaps backward to be honest..and when we return from my sons 18th birthday/ congrats on college trip, I may be making more than just plans for my sons move....but in it all Im glad I found this group, even if I dont talk much, say the right or acceptable things, or make a lot of sense..lol

I hope all of you are on the mend and if I dont type before Sunday, Ill type when I get back on the 24th.
Kim

[quote=Maume, how is your trip planning going?[/QUOTE]
Unread 02-12-2008, 08:04 PM

{{{{{{{{{{{{Kim}}}}}}}}}}}}
I hope you feel well and have a good time with your family, despite all the trouble. You've been through a really tough time and I hope DH figures that out. Be safe and have a good time!
Unread 02-12-2008, 08:05 PM

One of the best advice pieces my doctor said ---- for 6 months after this surgery make NO life changing decisions - if you can help it.

Gads - still feel donkey kicked...

And still have odor (fishy girl smell ---- which I NEVER NEVER had before --- and I hope it goes away)....

And pains shooting up and down colon to front mons area ---- like tendons snapping.

I dunno --- I'm totally sure this will be worth it.

I mean already since just the 22nd of January --- I've missed 2 periods... LOL!
Unread 02-12-2008, 08:11 PM

Kim,

I am so sorry that you are going through that with your hubby. My doctor told me it could be up to 12 weeks before I could have sex. We would take it one visit at a time. Who is the lady at his work to say how you should feel. Everyone's body is different and if she was healed in 3 days she is the almighty woman then. Oh please, she is so full of it, it is not funny. Perhaps, she didn't have done what you did. Tell your hubby that if your marriage is based on sex, well then......

Mine has not said anything about sex. To be honest I think he is afraid to touch me for fear he will hurt me. We did snuggle this morning and that was nice. That was the first in three weeks. Like I have said before this is the first time I was ever in the hospital. I have never had any surgery etc.

I wish you the best on your doctor visit and I hope your son has a wonderful BD. My daughter just turned 23 on the 10th. She works full time and is going to grad school full time. She is a very busy girl.
Have fun in Florida... Don't over do it, and if you are not ready for SEX you are not ready!

Tracy
Unread 02-12-2008, 08:11 PM

Kim.

So what if some women was back to normal in 3 days, she is not YOU and YOU ARE SPECIAL AND UNIQUE.

Sometimes men are just so stupid, well maybe that could be expanded to family member in general. Get out that baseball bat and start swinging, oh, you can't do that yet because it's only week 3 from surgery. Okay just think about it. Well disregard that since violence is no answer. Instead get the locksmith over after everyone has left the house, change the locks and then make everyone sign an agreement that they will no longer tell you when you are better. They will just be your slaves until you tell them you are better. After they sign, they can be allowed back into the house and make tea for you.

My answer may confirm that I have way too much time on my hands and I'm getting bored.
Unread 02-12-2008, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagerwitch
And pains shooting up and down colon to front mons area ---- like tendons snapping.
That's exactly what I felt when trying to carry that bag of 2 gallons of OJ.
Unread 02-12-2008, 09:13 PM

Maume I've noticed that some people will see me and act like I shouldn't still be taking it easy and than I see other people who think I'm doing way too much.
They just need to understand that no two people are the same and will recover at their own time. Maybe your husband doesn't fully realize what all a hysterectomy consists of. And I think I'd find out who told him it would only take three days and I believe I'd give that lady a call
I do hope you will continue to get better and that you will enjoy your vacation. Please be careful and don't rush the sex. I know my husband is already mentioning it but until my Dr gives me the go ahead I will not do it and even than I may not
Katrina

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register