Hysterectomy dates Jan 21-Jan 28,2008 - Page 44 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jan 21-Jan 28,2008 Hysterectomy dates Jan 21-Jan 28,2008

Unread 02-15-2008, 05:25 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jan 21-Jan 28,2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louie64!
Hi Allie
good luck returning to work, too bad you have to go back so soon, I hope you can leave if you feel tired, you might, dont be surprised, it takes a while to get the stamina back.
I am fortunate to have a few more weeks left off (LAVTHBSO on 1/23/08)
was seen in f/u 2/7/08 some restrictions lifted, I can now do treadmill, no wt lifting yet, I do miss it, were you cleared to lift weights?
be careful and best of luck for you
Nina

Hey Louie,

I actually crashed yesterday. Went back to bed and slept, got up and laid on the couch, watched a total of 3 movies. Man, I am wiped out. That's going to be the biggest factor.

I talked to my boss off and on and if I'm having a rough time, I'm leaving or staying home. I seriously bailed his butt out by working from home and he owes me big time. LOL. He knows I will only do it if I need it so we are square.

My doc said I'm good to go. He was like, "it's the same kind of thing Ben had and he was back to the field in 2 weeks". and I was like "yeah and we know how that season turned out for them" He laughed and agreed.

The biggest challenge will be pacing myself. I have a lot of balls in the air and don't want to slack on any of my committments. I'm like the energizer bunny most of the time and I'm going to have to really discipline myself on this one.

I do rowing and the ellipse and T-tapp workouts. I think I will ease into the rowing again. I don't have time for much weight lifting and will build my core back up with the T-Tapp before I even consider bringing it back in anyway.

Our elliptical trainer is over 10 years old and we are replacing it with our stimulus money. I'm excited about that one.

What kind of workouts were you doing before surgery? Do you have the bikini cut?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-15-2008, 06:53 AM

Sandy,
I am so jealous that you will soon get in the Jacuzzi. I have an email into the doctor. I would just love to be able to get a bath. I am so tired of the showers! I want to be able to soak! I will be 4 weeks out on Tuesday. The discharge is getting less and less. Thank goodness, I am so tired of wearing pads! I did try a panty liner the other day, but it was not enough.
I will pray that your incision scab goes away soon so you can get into the hot tub soon!

Take care!
Tracy
Unread 02-15-2008, 07:15 AM

I may call about the tub later this afternoon. I think it would feel great on my back. I'm avoiding our hot tub, DH doesnt' always keep it as clean as I would. Ew.

I have a sinus infection and started taking antibiotics yesterday. I know I will feel much better by tomorrow. My son(11) and I are driving four hours to NH today, the rest of the family will follow after school. I'm a little nervous about the long ride, but we are going to take it slow. He got the day off by signing on to be my slave for the day. He will unload the car, etc. when we get there. Our theory is that I'll be in better shape to drive earlier in the day and I can walk around every hour or so to avoid blood clots.

Seems the belly skin is waking up. It is very tender, more so than before. I'm finding nighties feel better than pants...

Love to all the sisters, extra to all of you who are suffering with complications. You are all in my thoughts and prayers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-15-2008, 07:19 AM

Beth
Good luck on your trip today. I hope all goes well for you.
Try not to work your son to hard today.
Enjoy your holiday weekend.
Tracy
Unread 02-15-2008, 08:46 AM

You ladies are so awesome - it's good to know that others are feeling the same way. Paintp - U and I are on the same page exactly. I feel pretty good in the a.m., but by 2pm or so - I want my pain meds, heating pad and the bed!!

I have to say that the update from HysterSisters describing what to expect for the next few weeks is dead on - one step forward, two steps back!

SVmunoz - that's so great that you were able to reward your son. My poor 7yo was crying last night, because i'm not able to play w/ him outside. Broke my heart. He's not a crier, either -so he must really be feeling lonely... Gotta think of something special to do for both DH and the little one after this is all over...
Unread 02-15-2008, 09:49 AM
Post op pain

Just a question.....I am still having a bit of pain, more so last night then today. I had a TAH on 1/28. Gas pains are present as well. Is it normal to have some pain at this time post op? Should I be concerned? Call MD?????
Hubby and co-workers think that pain at this time could be something to worry about....
Unread 02-15-2008, 11:01 AM

Bored, bored, bored. Surgery was Jan 25th. No complications, kept ovaries, was home on Jan 28th. Recovery night I shared a room with a poor woman who did nothing but complain (not sure what surg. she had but I know it wasn't gynelogical in nature). I guess the staff felt sorry for me as they moved me to a large & private room in labour/delivery. How ironic. Needed pain med the first night but other than extreme gas pains, seemed to be okay after that. I've never had so many suppositories in my life but boy, did they help to aid in the gas problem. I've been spoiled at home by DH and daughter who came to stay for a few days post-op. Had my 2 week check up and all is well. He removed a couple of stitches which made sitting much more comfortable. Not allowed to drive for another week which is adding to my frustration. Some days I'm full of energy, others I'm on the couch, reading or watching movies. Still having some spotting but minimal. Have to say this website is wonderfully helpful. Everytime I think I should do this or that, I think back to what I've read here and know small steps are the answer. I've had a little trouble sleeping some nights but mostly due to the fact I've been inactive physically. I know that after over 10 years of 2 periods a month, using approx. 1 1/2 boxes of super plus tampons each time, I've finally made the right decision for me.
Good wishes and quick recoveries to you all!
Unread 02-15-2008, 11:13 AM

cnurse:

I still feel pain in varying locations and my surgery was 1/21, robotic total. I asked my doc yesterday about still needing pain pills, sometimes every 8 hours or so, and he said that was still normal. Now that we are feeling better, we tend to do more and feel it when we are done. Yup. That's me.

Sandy
Unread 02-15-2008, 11:57 AM

Sisters
I had my TVH keeping both ovaries on Jan 21. It seems like I take one step forward and two steps back but I'm feeling a LOT better.
I developed a bladder infection with the awful bladder spasms post op. After taking two different sets of antibiotics and than finally a Rocephin shot my bladder is feeling better. I started having a nasty smelling discharge the first of the week and called my Dr yesterday and he insisted I come in. I was dreading the exam because that was my first exam since my surgery. It wasn't that bad at all. I did have an infection he thought possibly due to all the antibiotics I had taken for that stubborn bladder infection. He gave me a three day cream you insert in the va jj. I did it very carefully last night and it did not hurt a bit. Dr. said my urine still shows a little infection but that it could be contamination from my now female infection. And when I go back in two weeks if the bladder still shows infection he will have to refer me to a urologist. Y'all please be praying this heals up without needing to be referred. I'm about Co-paid and prescriptioned OUT.
I am continuing to pray for each of you!
Katrina
Unread 02-15-2008, 12:30 PM

Bored, sad, tired... I just put my Daughter and Husband on a plane to FLA for vacation. Should take the 10 days as an opportunity to rest but I am too sad, depressed to think of the "freedom" that they say I should be having. I wish I could have gone but I would have just dragged them down and they are visiting his family. I never had bleeding, spotting of any discharge so I am thankful for that.. my inscision although had an area which the suture line split is now totally healed - numb but healed. My biggest issue is I can not sleep - 4-5 times a night I am up to pee or just about to burst into flames - windows open, ceiling fan on and the heat off - but still get intense hot flashes and night sweats - the COOLJAMZ have helped HUG as they keep you dryer at least.
I feel badly that I have not returned to work, I could work from home but just being at the computer for a couple of hours for "Surfing" gets my belly swelly and very sore. I volunteered at my daughters Valentine Party yesterday and after 2 hours of standing and helping with crafts I was in pain, belly and back huge and took my first pain pill in over 7 days. My dSTD for work was denied, glitch from paperwork, but sent me into the cry zone - been there a great deal. Bored, Sad, Tired and Crying a lot - that is me... just waiting for the day I am back to 100% and able to walk with my dogs, Ride my horse and play with my daughter with a big smile on my face.
Best wishes and sleep to all.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register