Hysterectomy dates Jan 21-Jan 28,2008 - Page 47 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jan 21-Jan 28,2008 Hysterectomy dates Jan 21-Jan 28,2008

Unread 02-16-2008, 02:51 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jan 21-Jan 28,2008

I'm a teacher. I stand most of the day, but I plan to sit the first couple of weeks back. Hoping my students will be good to me. ;-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-16-2008, 03:16 PM

At my Thursday dr. appt he said I could go back to work if I wanted to and only if I don't overdo it and no lifting over 10 pounds. I have a great boss who welcomed me back and offered a few hours a day until I am back in the swing. Luckily I am able to adjust what I do, so I know there is a ton of paperwork available. I'm going in on Thursday and actually looking forward to it, but will play it by ear.

Dr. want me to get an ultrasound done. He says that awful right side pain I had was a kidney infection according to the radiologist. He wants to make sure the bladder, kidney and all the tubing are looking okay. I feel better, so hopefully everything is back to normal. I still don't pee normal though. I have to tell myself to go (no urge) and then it still takes forever to finish. The starting is much better now though. It was taking forever to get it started!

Sandy
Unread 02-16-2008, 03:51 PM

Sandy,
Ouch on the kidney infection. I had a nasty bladder infection. I just finished my 2nd round of antibiotics and I feel MUCH better, though I still have to go immediately when I feel the urge..takes a long time to finish too, but I know I'm getting better. Good luck on the u/s!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-16-2008, 04:53 PM

Well it's almost 4 weeks since my TAH and I am now feeling more normal. The general tiredness is still there and I find if I am standing for to long I start to get achy in the belly and the back. But on the whole I am almost over the burning pain of the belly, can now move comfortably in bed and only get the burning pain when I try to cough or sneeze.

My hubby is going back to work tomorrow - so I will be in charge of getting the three bigger boys off to school and looking after my little one for the day. I am going to try and get everything organised of a night as that way I don't need to rush so much in the morning.

I hope that you are all well and that your recover is now picking up - those first few weeks seem to go so slow!!

I am so greatful to this site - the information that is available and the support given is fantastic and I would recommend it to anyone considering this procedure. Thank you Hyster Sister's for being here.

xx Shelby xx
Unread 02-16-2008, 10:38 PM

Nancy,
I'm a teacher, too! Lots of standing, but I have a stool and will make use of it if need be. - Mel
Unread 02-17-2008, 02:18 AM

will write when I return from Florida and update everyone. Real quick though..I'm not healed inside at all. ALL stitches are still there not disolved at all...will tell more on the 24th or 25th

have a good week
Unread 02-17-2008, 06:29 AM

I hope everyone is feeling better then I am. The fatigue seems to be getting worse. The set backs seem harder. I didn't have any abdominal pain until yesterday. I thought the hysterectomy part was a piece of cake until now. I seem to have belly pain, flank pain and back pain, along with the sharp pain up my rear end. I am resting all day with my laptop on my belly. The heat feels so soothing. The nights are long when you can't sleep and the days seem to be slipping away when you can't function. The night sweats and hot/cold flashes are driving me crazy. I am going to start watching a new series on DVD so not to be so board, and keep myself from getting up and doing things. I thought by now I would be on my feet. I am so disappointed in myself. I expected the pain to be gone and that I could start traveling back home. I was hoping I might even drive to my vacation house and rest for a bit up there but I think the 15 hour drive is unrealistic. Well wishful thinking. I am sure glad I read about others recovery. I really thought I would be different since no other surgery kept me down for this long. Not to say they didn't hurt I just kept busy and didn't let the pain stop me. This is different. The more I try to get up and stay busy the worse I feel. Dr did tell me this was a very big surgery and not to think that not seeing the abdominal incision that this was a small surgery. He said there are hundred and hundred of sutures and many layers to repair. With that he doesn't think I should have this much pain. I don't want him to think I am a baby but I feel really awful. Hope today will be better then yesterday, even though there seems to be more abdominal discomfort.
Unread 02-17-2008, 07:30 AM

Hey tfmt...sorry you're still in so much discomfort...are you taking pain meds? What type of hysterectomy did you have? Big hugs...I hope you feel better soon.
(I"m from Orlando...I miss it. My dh is there this weekend...golfing!! Grrrr)
Take care.
Unread 02-17-2008, 08:45 AM

TFMT

Are you sure you aren't suffering from a bladder or kidney infection? I had a kidney infection last week and boy did it hurt! Ended up in ER and on high dose antibiotics. Two days later I felt human again. Take your pain pills if you still have some. Mind set really helps with the healing. I still take them if I need them. Hate being grumpy because of pain. As for the sleeping - several months ago my primary care dr. prescribed Xanax for restless leg for me. (I can't take the new rls drugs out) I had not been sleeping since the surgery. I took the Xanax as a last resort and I'm sooo happy I did! I have gotten two nights of sleep and am amazed how much better I feel! I do hope once the HRT starts working my sleeping patterns will improve, but meanwhile I feel like at least I have help if I need it. My DH says he will fill my jacuzzi for me soon too. Yeah! I will be praying for you and all my other sisters.

Sandy
Unread 02-17-2008, 08:56 AM

tfmt-
Don't get discouraged. I was told that TVH sometimes takes longer to heal then TAH. I know everything you read says about 4 weeks. My doctor told me I needed 8 weeks to heal, and that it could take up to 6 months until I started to feel normal again. I know that it will all be worth it in the end. Yesterday, I had to go for a urine test for a UTI. With all the pain you are having did they mention about an infection or anything?
I know yesterday when I woke I felt like I could tackle the world. I want to feel normal again. So, I went to the hospital for the UTI test and then came home for a little while. I then went with my DH to a bowling tournament. Sitting on the chair was a little hard. Not exactly comforatable chairs at a bowling alley. DH and I then went out for our Valentine's Day Dinner. He had to work on Valentine's Day. However, he made up for it with lots of Jewlery.. Anyway, we went to Damon's had to wait forever for a table. Which blew me away, but it was a Bucknell Basketball game day. Game was a 6:00... So we finally got a table, and I wanted a drink so bad, but I couldn't because of Meds I take for Lupus etc... Anyway, it too forever for our meals. Our waitress was really nice though, that makes a difference.
Until I got home last night though my belly was all swollen. I actually had to loosen pants on way home, and no it was not from eating too much. To be honest I haven't really had an appetite since the surgery. I would weigh myself except the scale's battery is done when I tried.
So don't beat yourself up for not feeling great yet. If you have the time to be off of work take advantage of it. I know I am going to . I have 6 weeks of sick time and then I am using 2 weeks of FMLA.
Take care and let yourself heal! Get out and enjoy the sunshine and relax!
Tracy

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register