Hysterectomy dates Jan 21-Jan 28,2008 - Page 48 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jan 21-Jan 28,2008 Hysterectomy dates Jan 21-Jan 28,2008

Unread 02-17-2008, 09:02 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jan 21-Jan 28,2008

Sandy,
Nice to know others are not sleeping well either. Weird. I am lucky if I get 4 4 1/2 hours a night. DH says it is because I am not as active as I was before the surgery. Hmmm, maybe he has a point.
I got about 4 hours last night. I have to keep getting up to go to the potty, to only tinkle a little. UGHH, such pressure. I will find out results on Monday if UTI or whatever...

I woke this morning with my headache and still have my low grade temp, which I have had all week.. Just living on the tylenol. I was never given any pain meds when I left the hospital... I was told to take aleve.
Have a great Sunday!
Tracy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-17-2008, 11:35 AM

Kim,
Hope you relax and soak in some sun in Florida!! Let us know how you are doing when you get back!!

I am having sleep issues like many others. I wake probably 3-5 times a night. Generally, just toss and turn, hot flashes (bought the chillow pilllow and it is helping some), and get up to pee. Course I am drinking plenty of water through the night due to the hot flashes too!!
I drove to see my daughter yesterday (1 hour drive) and took her out to get groceries and stuff and out to eat and then back. We are getting hit with another UGLY winter storm. It rained, changed to freezing rain and it is just starting to snow now and they expect up to 10 inches in my part of the state. We have had plenty of this crappy weather and feel like we are doing it weekly and then switching to below freezing temps. The trees and wires are all coated with ice now with the snow starting, I think there is going to be problems with power outages. My hot flashes are the worst in the evening and overnight so that maybe will help!!! HA!!
My belly is more swollen and a bit sore today from all the walking yesterday. I can't get over how this zaps your energy so easily. Since I am stuck indoors so much (also due to the weather) I have started to walk on my treadmill just at a slow rate for about a mile just to build some stamina!!! Forgot to get to the video store to rent more movies!!! Darn!!
Envy you all that live in all those lovely sunshine warm states!!!!
Unread 02-17-2008, 03:45 PM

This is a very good day - I finally was able to go to church again. I've missed it! My pastor has a knack for delivering a message that hits you right where you are in life too. Then my DH took me to a great brunch where we met my parents. Yum! Sorry about all of you stuck inside because of the weather. Ours is about 70 degrees, breezy and sunny. Nice to get out in. Took a nice nap when I got home though. Still makes me tired to be out. No movies to watch either. Bummer. Maybe I can talk DH into going to Blockbuster??? I think he had sympathy sweats for me last night. He said he woke up with a hot flash. Funny. I'll have to look up male menopause.

Anyone know any good multi vitamins to take? Dr. said to get some, but so many have oyster shell and I'm allergic to shellfish. Suggestions?

Sandy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-17-2008, 09:01 PM

I have wake up at night sometimes from getting too hot as well. During the day I can go from hot sweating to freezing. I'm just assuming this is all that lovely menopause stuff since surgery. Other than that nothing else is a problem other than lifting anything too heavy. I could go for a nap right now.

Okay, I already know that I've been bad. Yesterday DH and I went to the grocery store on our bikes, not problem This morning I went to pay a bill but this route has a few hills and it was raining so I wear my rain poncho there. On the way home, which is the downhill part, I got really really hot and felt faint. I'm not sure if this is was from exercise, a hot flash or having too many clothes on since it is 30C (about 80F). I stopped at one of the local police offices and sat and had got some water. It took a while but I did get cool, not just cool but a sudden cool down. So I figure that it must have been a combination of everything. So I hopped back on the my bike and rode home the rest of the way about 10 minutes. I decided that I don't like hot flashes.
Unread 02-18-2008, 01:48 AM

Well another sleepless night. I do have some xanax left from pre surgery so I might just try it after this post. I thought about watching 24 first season on laptop to keep from thinking about all the discomforts. I am healing very slowly because I am on preginsone for polymyligia. another auto immune problem along with my Celiac. I am still discharging so I know I am not healed yet. I am thinking I might have a uti or kidney infection because I am having abdominal pain, flank and back pain. I am still having to self cath because I am still retaining urine after I void. I had my golden purse for more the two weeks after surgery. I just started voiding without the help of a sitz bath, this weekend but now all this pain started. Even the warm computer on belly is not feeling good anymore. I have no fever in fact it bearly registers higher the 95.2. I think I will call the DR in the morning, if pain persists. It seems that if I go out or stand I am down for days after. I was always outdoors before and now I have to think about if it is really worth the trip. My sis with OV CA is asking if I went and took her chemo treatment because I am feeling worse then she is. I choose to loose the ovaries since I was already having hot flashes and she with OV CA I didn't want to worry that I would be next, I was the one with ovaian cysts each month. She was never sick and then Bang no warning. Even though all this has happened God is good. She is taking care of me while I am down and I her while she is down. God's timing is perfect. It seems that I had the best day when she was down and was able to help her. She gets 2nd round of chemo this week but she is in better shape then me,right now. I hope I can pull myself together. She crashed on the third day of the first treatment when I just came home from the hospital, she drove herself and went alone. Now I don't want to see her driving alone, again. I will go with her if just for moral support. She might have to drive but I will be there just in case she can't, I will if need be. I worry about being out for 4 hours. I will try to see my doctor while she is having chemo. Next week will be a rest week other then chemo and dr appointments. Hope everyone is feeling better.
Unread 02-18-2008, 05:54 AM

{{{{{{{{{{{Tfmt}}}}}}}}}
I think a call to your doc is probably in order. Auto-Immune stuff can really slow things down, can't they? I am sorry that you are still so very uncomfortable. You and your sister will both be in my thoughts and prayers, you've got some scary stuff going on!

Hey Princess, you are a biking maniac! Lucky thing you didn't faint, that would have not been good.

It is raining in ski country. Looks like the family will be here looking to be entertained today. I"m going to push for a field trip, the roads are icy so I may have to share the house.

Three weeks out today! I'm feeling well. A little sore. It is like I can feel the inside stuff more than the incision. Gas is still an issue. I was hoping to do some walking this week, but haven't had the energy to go to the gym.

Love to all the sisters!!
Unread 02-18-2008, 06:25 AM

OK Ladies, I have been reading this most of the night. I woke up at 2 AM & could not for the life of me fall back to sleep. It is now 8AM so I did the dishes & got hubby's Tea ready for him. (made him happy) I woke up because I have been suffering w/ Back Pain for over a year. I even ended up taking some of my pain pills I got from my LAVH. I have not had to take any pain meds. for days now. Maybe just 1 @ the end of the day. I still get really tired durning the day. I find myself taking a hour nap about 4 - 5 hours after I wake up. I still have some discom. w/ my BM's & peeing every 1/2 hour. I have spotting the Dr. told me it was because my stich. were healing inside. I am 27 days from my surgery so I believe I'm doing really good. I had to stay in the castle 4 days because of all the blood loss,(had to have transfusion) & breathing trouble. NOw it is mostly seeming like cabin fever. I have to keep telling myself it is still to early to run a vacuum or go up & down the stairs to do laundry. The House is a total mess, & driving me crazy. So I started making new curtains for my kitchen. & making a toy bag for my granddaughter. I would not what to see my cable bill for all the PPV I have been watching. I play alot of Pogo too. I'm just wondering now from reading all this, is that the reason my back is hurting so bad, & why I can't sleep. Well everyone is waking up so I will finish this later. Best of luck to all of you. My prayers are with you all
Unread 02-18-2008, 07:40 AM

Kathy,
I had my surgery the same day you did. I was having less and less discharge, but now I am bleeding again. I don't know if it is because this is the normal time for my period or what is going on. It is not heavy, but just annoying. I have all the PMS signs. I also have the cramps on the left side and back pain, light headed. All the stuff I did when I got my period. I kept my ovaries. I wanted her to at least take the left one, this is the one that always gives me trouble.

I too have trouble sleeping. I have had back pain, but I always have that. I have 3 herniated discs in my back.
I went on Saturday to have a urine test to see if I have a UTI. I have had a low grade temp now for 1 week. I also feel dizzy and have hot flashes and cold sweats. When I have a hot flash my DH will say well if you know you have them why do you dress warm. I say ummm, because I freeze the rest of the time. Men.... I average about 4- 4 1/2 hours a night. I just feel like I am in a fog.
They say the TVH is easier to recover from, but I am not so sure. I think they are both hard, except I don't have the scare in the belly. I know that this will all be worth it in the end!

If you can't sleep and I am online look me up!
Take Care!
Tracy
Unread 02-18-2008, 07:56 AM

Tracy if you had a TVH you should not be having periods any more. I would call the Dr. also there is no more PMS now you will be in menopause. LOL I don't know which is worse. Hope this helps. As for sleeping I have been up all night. Patches don't help so I am going to fill my script from 4 weeks ago for sleeping pills. One month and no sleep is wearing me out. I don't know how to look anyone up but if you IM me I will answer.
Karen
Unread 02-18-2008, 07:57 AM

Tracy...
I too am having PMS!! I know I would've started my period yesterday or today. Achy, constant eating, grumpy...and last night I had insomnia. I was up from 3-6am..then I had to get up at 6:45 to get the kids ready for school. I've got my 4 yo home with me and I'm hoping she'll want to nap later...wishful thinking I'm sure!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register