Hysterectomy dates Jan 21-Jan 28,2008 - Page 52 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jan 21-Jan 28,2008 Hysterectomy dates Jan 21-Jan 28,2008

Unread 02-20-2008, 04:18 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jan 21-Jan 28,2008

Ok, how far to Jakarta from Massachusetts? Might take a few days. LOL. The weather sounds heavenly! We're currently at 17 degrees Farenheit.
Brrrrr!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-20-2008, 04:23 PM

First Day back at work, and I'm wiped! My stomach is so swollen tonight! I can't wait to crawl into bed. Wow! I didn't realize that 4 weeks off and I'm still sore after today. Of course wearing work shoes and not slippers all day was not easy either. LOL...I'm ready for bed...now if my kids would cooperate. My one daughter is at her tutor...I can't go to sleep until she gets back.
Unread 02-20-2008, 04:27 PM

Nancy,

I just read your post. I decided I am going to take the two extra days off work and go back on Monday. I know it wont be easy then but at least I have a few more days to catch up on some sleep.

Sorry to hear that you are still sore. Hopefully you get a well deserved rest tonight.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-20-2008, 04:32 PM

I decided to go onto my treadmill today. I did 1/2 mile @ 2 MPH. I was so proud of myself. I did have some burning pain about an hour afterwards but nothing severe. I am very, very tired tonight. I can't wait to go to bed.
Unread 02-20-2008, 04:34 PM

ipswitchtown,
I wasn't sore when I started today, but by about 2pm...my stomach was hurting! I had a meeting from 3-4:30 and I couldn't wait to get out! First thing I did when I got home was just put my jammies on...I wanted my fleecies/soft jammies so bad. My dh got an unexpected trip too, so he left yesterday, so I started out stressed getting my 3 kids and myself ready for school, etc...then I had to pick them all up blah, blah, blah...just a lot to ask of me today.
Take it easy.
Unread 02-20-2008, 04:40 PM

Beth - I can wait - it will take me that long to get the extra bedroom ready.

Girls, don't go back to work, you deserve a vacation. There is a nice jogging track that we can all walk on here. Hey, it can really be princess land here. Even the fast food joints have delivery service, yup even those hamburger and fried chicken places.

So like are you coming over here now?
Unread 02-20-2008, 04:55 PM

Did anyone else have severe pain when their "monthly bill" would have been due?
Unread 02-20-2008, 04:58 PM

Nancy,
Rest well tonight! Sounds like you had a LONG day! Tomorrow will be better!
Unread 02-20-2008, 05:13 PM

Nancy - I am sure it was nice to get into the jammies. I am going to walk to the mailbox which isnt far but its a start. Tomorrow will be better.
Unread 02-20-2008, 05:38 PM

My TAH involved an laproscopy at first. My left ovary and fallopian tube was incased in adhesions. Dr. could not remove them because they had grown around my uterer. At that point I had an adominal. Five hours of surgery later....ugh!
I went back to work on my 4th week post op. Took 1/2 days all of the 4th week. All of the things that you are are listing...sore, tired, pain at incision are all of the things that I had (have) also. This week is my first week back full time. So far, I am feeling back to normal. I have felt really good and so far not having any problems. I know that I am lucky compared to the stories I am reading here.
I am on the Vivelle patch. Only slight headaches...No major side effects that I can tell. I also have been on Prozac for years for PMS. I have no plans to be off of it. I believe it has really helped me get through those "sad" days I had during post op. But this is just me...everyone is different. Listen to your body. Your body will tell you when to stop. One day I will feel good (like today) and then the next I feel like crap (probably tomorrow). Going to the grocery store seems to be a real experience. If any of you haven't been yet, take someone with you OR have someone load your car! I am looking forward to my 6 week post op appointment. That will be my first appt with my dr since my surgery.
I read this message board and never submit anything. Just so you will know that there are probably several others.....this message board and website for me has been such a relief and God send. Good luck and prayers to everyone!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register