Hysterectomy dates Jan 21-Jan 28,2008 - Page 6 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jan 21-Jan 28,2008 Hysterectomy dates Jan 21-Jan 28,2008

Unread 01-28-2008, 06:03 AM
Gas Pains - worst part of whole deal!!!

I had my TAH on Jan 24 with a vertical incision. Came home yesterday - am doing quite well - just wanted to let the pre-op ladies know that the gas pain was really bad - I spent 2 nights walking the halls of the hospital. I would get terrible trapped gas pains radiating from under my shoulder and then move all the way down - they came in waves - kind of like contractions. The system that worked for me was get up and walk for 10 minutes up and down the hall. Lie down in bed where I could finally sleep for about 40 minutes - get up and go to the bathroom and then start the cycle of walking and sleeping again.

Finally last night at home in my own bed - surprisingly not as comfortable as the hospital because it doesn't move in all those funky positions - I finally slept for a total of 4 hours straight - I feel wonderful this am.

As has been said before - things take time - take it slow and sleep, sleep and walk your way to feeling better.

take care all, V.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-28-2008, 06:54 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jan 21-Jan 28,2008

Hey y'all,

Welcome home V. I used the same technique for gas. I'm still waiting for that first elusive BM. I know there's not a whole lot in my system 'cause I really haven't been eating, but I would like to get over this hurdle. I'm usually fairly regular.

Just called my doctor's office. I'm supposed to see the doctor 2 weeks post-op and the soonest they can get me in is Feb 13th. That would be 3 weeks. Why don't they just make you an appointment when they give you a surgery date? Especially if it's going to be that hard to make an appointment? Grrrr. I guess I'll be home for at least 3 weeks, 'cause I'm not going back until my doctor clears me.

I'm kind of ticked at work. I am working from home on the laptop and what not, so it's not major. They have not sent me a get well card or anything. Double grrr. So much for being a valued employee.

Well, I'm waiting for DH to drop off my suppositories. Let's get a BM and a shower and then I will sign in to work to see what's going on and then it will be homework time.
Unread 01-28-2008, 09:03 AM
day 4 recovery

well i had my TVH on jan 24th also had to have bladder and rectum replairs due to prolapse...the surgery went fine got me in my room hooked up to morphine drip and after a few pumps of it started having allergic reactions pushed the nurse call button took almost an hour to get anyone in there then took another 2 hrs before would change out pain meds and give me some benedryl i was itching so bad. was suppose to bring me a heating pad shortly after surgery i finally got it an hour before i went home...i started peeing instantly after cathater came out no pain, very little bleeding at all...terrible gas pains that is the main part of my pain that and my pelvic bone where they used the sling for my bladder it seriously feels like someone took a hammer and beat the bone , had first bm sat. morning, nothing sunday finaly another small one today . i tried to ride in car yesterday that was a big mistake think i will wait a few days before trying that again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-28-2008, 10:24 AM

My SAH-BSO surgery was the morning of Friday, Jan. 25th. I came home yesterday, Sunday at noon. I am very swollen and sore near my incision, but for the most part the pain is tolerable, except for either getting up or getting back down into sofa or chair. Oh and when bladder is full and getting up is the worst. I am pretty grateful for how I am feeling so far. I know time will heal this wound! Thanks to all on this site as your posts taught me I am strong and have given me the confidence to feel and take control of my situation. Best to all on their recovery.
Sending peace out into the universe for supreme healing for all the ladies!
Unread 01-28-2008, 10:57 AM

Okaaaaay. First BM since last Monday. Oy! Was that a test. I'm sure it will be easier from here on in.

(((((Hello))))) to the newest sisters. I hope your recovery goes easier.
Unread 01-28-2008, 11:04 AM

wow and here i was worried about not having a bm every day and sitting here reading that some it has been a week....had surgery thursday and had 3 bm as of noon monday....so i guess i am doing pretty well.
Unread 01-28-2008, 11:56 AM
Robotic TRH

I'm one week post surgery. It is getting better each day. Took me until today to have a small bm though. I haven't been eating much. Just soft foods and liquid. Time for the prunes, or at least a prune or two. The first four days were awful. Post anesthesia dreams, nausea, and not regulating my pain meds well (trying to be tough). I'm on schedule now and feel pretty good. Husband is my biggest asset. If you want to know about the robotic surgery, feel free to ask and I will answer. I'm not doing much else right now!
Unread 01-28-2008, 01:55 PM

I'm one week post surgery TVH on Jan 21. I'm feeling pretty good. The worst has been the BM's and they are pretty regular now. I'm very sore and having a lot of groin twinges and lower back pain. I guess that's all normal. Other than a little pinkie/white spotting that's all I've done. I go for my one week post op appt with Dr. tomorrow. I'm dreading that because I don't know what he will do. Good luck to all you ladies and I'm praying for you all.
Unread 01-28-2008, 03:35 PM

6 days out- Feeling horrible. I think I have a bladder infection because it now hurts to pee...it didnt before except the tummy pressure/pain.
I really wish the bad dreams and broken sleep would stop, along with the leg pain and feeling like Im being poked with a knife in my hip. You all a week or close to it out still having bright red bleeding when you wipe? Kim
Unread 01-28-2008, 03:49 PM

I had robotic assisted total radical, removed everything. No, I have very light spotting. As for the bladder, they left the catheter in for 10 days because of the fear of trauma. Not pleasant, but doable. I am also taking Macrobid as a preventative. Seems to work. Are you sure it's not your bowels/gas that is causing you problems? That is where my problems were until today. Prunes and Colace. I'm so sorry you aren't feeling well. I'll be praying for you.

Sandy

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register