Hysterectomy dates Jan 21-Jan 28,2008 - Page 60 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jan 21-Jan 28,2008 Hysterectomy dates Jan 21-Jan 28,2008

Unread 02-26-2008, 07:35 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jan 21-Jan 28,2008

I have heard that it is a different strain. Sad. Also, it's hitting so late if we got our shots in October, it probably has worn off by now. I have heard they are effective for 3 months, then tapers off- and they guess at the strain! What can you do. I lived on Gatorade last time. Nothing else appealed to me. Good luck and I'll be praying you feel better.

Sandy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-26-2008, 07:59 AM

Sorry about all the flu guys...

Maume --- glad to hear your vacation wasn't a total nightmare --- and that you were able to do it.

Here are some questions I have for you guys --- LAVH girls.

Stitches: I have one inch stitch hanging out of my vaginal area ---- hubby looked and said it appears to be knitted into a bundle of hundreds of other stitches ---- OMG --- how much longer will this thing hang? If I gently pull there is way too much resistance...

are your stitches already gone?

Should I be worried?

It's uncomfortable to sit in some positions - feels like a knot down there --- and lots of tugging and pulling sensations when I move.

Now --- PAIN...

Holy toledo - I'm still in pain in my pubic bone area.

We're not talking advil pain relief either... I'm trying to figure out if this is from the TVT (uretha sling - up through the pelvic area) REALLY painful.

My hips and back and stomach area ---- lower abdomen are like the headache that is almost gone...

But my pubic bone area is like the full blown migraine going to town.

I do feel all squishy inside --- like things are shifting around...

AND --- LMAO --- much to my hubby's dismay I have a HUGE --- GIGANTIC --- sex drive --- but can't do anything about it.

Have had the Big "O" a couple of times --- feels about the same --- manual manipulation with clean hands --- so that part works.

So that part is all good.

But worried about the pain - I could not work at this level ---- and I'm still exhausted.

Any ideas?

I'm using a heating pad - and have tied a stretchy band around my waist.

Just the stitches and the pubic bone really bothering me now.

Going pee - using different muscles has been a bit odd. But I'm getting used to that.

Bowel movements - well - as long as I keep them gentle -- they are fine - otherwise I worry too much about straining.

So any ideas on the stitches?

And anyone else have a TVT?
Unread 02-26-2008, 08:05 AM

Wagerwitch,

Hmm. Got me there on most of that. I haven't seen any stitches yet, but thanks to this site, won't be surprised when I see them. I would call the dr. on the pain. I feel pulling, dull pain, but not really sharp. Have you had it all along? Could it be from the manipulation during surgery? Dr. would know best. My prayers are with you for a good day.

Sandy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-26-2008, 08:19 AM

Thanks Sandy!
Unread 02-26-2008, 12:23 PM

Tracy,
I must have gotten a mutant strain too. I'm sick as a dog. Mine is an upper respitory-type infection though. UGH.
Unread 02-26-2008, 12:46 PM

We had a very late , very small birthday party for my son who turned 2 5 days after my surgery, this afternoon. Let give all you moms a word of advice...DO NOT I repeat DO NOT blow on one of those birthday things that roll out and make a noise. All I can say is OUCH! I felt all the way down to my punctured parts! I would have never thought that would be so painful! It was nice to finally have a friend visit (1st time since my surgery).
Unread 02-26-2008, 04:03 PM
Laura

Laura,
It really was something I thought was going to be impossible. On the flight to Florida I was really worried because I was so achey and such. Then we started the massive amounts of walking. Although I was very tired, I really did feel a lot better than I did laying in bed the day before. Now that I am home I am feeling better than before we left but still a bit tired. I am able to accomplish a whole lot more now too. I am 5 weeks post op today and the only thing I can say is any indication that I even had surgery is the little bit of discharge (which is supposedly due to the stitches not disolving all the way yet) the tiredness, and the every once in awhile twinges if I stand too long or lift something too heavy. Before I left my surgeon told me to give it until next tuesday for most of it to be better but that I would most likely have tiredness for up to 6 months...He said since NONE of my stitches looked to be disolved yet it could be several more weeks for that...but by next week I shouldnt have any of the twinges of pain in my tummy or vag. Im hoping the swelly belly will be gone too...THAT was and still is a shock considering it was a TVH and no gas was pumped in or anything...
Ahh today I WISH I was back in Orlando as it is snowing sideways here and we are expecting 3" or more by this evening. I really cant get warm now and I am thinking of running away...hehehehe
  Quote:
Originally Posted by Banff4me
Maume3 - Thanks very much for the mini vacation I just had by reading about your trip. I'm from Toronto, Canada and it's cold here as well. Words like 'sand, florida, shells, universal, buffet' make things alot better this time of year! I'm really impressed that you were able to do so much. I had my surgery January 25th and you've given me hope that a vacation could be possible. I'm so desperate to skip town - the cabin fever is setting in!
Unread 02-26-2008, 04:13 PM

Tracey
Im so sorry to hear you got sick..There is some kinda flu going around that we heard about while on vacation. Apparently it is rampent everywhere and the flu shots they gave didnt cover this strain...naturally...Anyway, I hope you feel better soon and hope that nothing ripped or anything. Get some rest and clear liquids in you and hopefully you will be better soon.

Im just now getting caught up on my 5600 emails that came in while on vacation and soon I can focus on getting the house clean! Im trying to answer everyone but if I miss someone Im so sorry..Ill try hard though.

Thanks to everyone who welcomed me home, that was very nice to see...Unfortunately since I was able to "DO" all of that on vacation, I am expected to keep the pace at home now...LOL Will take awhile to get the house back in order after being on bedrest for 4 months and having just the 2 men here...who think cleaning is keeping the kitchen counter clear and dishes washed...nothing else.

Hope everyone starts feeling better soon. I was shocked at how one day I felt like death and the next felt like a new person...its coming gorls..just hang in there.
Kim
  Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujetskiin
Ladies,
Last night after I posted the welcome back to kim. I got so sick! I was vomitting and diahrea... I truly felt like I was going to die. NO one in my house has been sick. I felt like I was going to pass out, and of course I was home alone. My lower abs hurt so bad today, I am going to email the doctor. I should be ok, since I am 5 weeks out, I hope I am healed enough that I didn't rip anything apart. That was the worst thing for me. I am still feeling nausea this morning. I didn't fall asleep until almost 6 this morning and then hubby came home from work by 7:30 and he is not always quiet. I have not ate anything, and I don't think I am going to.. I think I will stick to clear liquids today.

I hope everyone else is doing better that has been feeling lousy!

Have a good day!
Unread 02-26-2008, 10:08 PM

Welcome back Kim!!! It sounds like you had a very busy trip to Florida!!! To bad you had to come back to more snow!! It has been a rough, constant WINTER this year!!! I am heading to Siesta Key, Florida beginning of April for a vacation!!! I can't wait for warm weather and sunshine and walks on the beach!! Good to see you back here!! You are always there to give support and info that helps!!!
I hit my 5 weeks tomorrow from surgery. I see my surgeon next Monday and will see how I am healing. They are expecting me back to work after next Wed, and I am worrying about the lifting part of it. I will have to beable to lift alot and will be on my feet for a good part of the day. I decided to start walking on my treadmill and just at a slower pace. (3.0 about- I did start at 2.7 and worked to 3.0 over a week.) I didn't get that ok'd but we are supposed to be out walking and with this weather, I haven't been able to so decided to try it. I have to build my stamina up somehow. I do get swelly belly later in the day. That is what worries me about the lifting. But, I guess I will know next week when he checks me.
I saw my pimary, and she doesn't want to do a bone density scan for another year or two. I told her about the hot flashes evening til mid morning and that I am not sleeping the best. I can't go on hormones because of having had breast cancer, and she doesn't want to put me on anything else til I get back to work and see how I do under alot more stress. Yeah!!! I am not crying everyday anymore, but they creep out once in a while. I get crabby and irritable when going to appts and dealing with other drivers sometimes though!!! I am worried how I am going to be when I get to work under alot of pressure!!! I really don't want to have to go on anything either, but I refuse to be miserable and put others through it also!! So, if not a pretty site, I will give her a call and tell her to prescribe those low dose anti-depressants to save me and others!!!
I only saw one stitch so far. I am wearing lite days pad and have a little yellowish to lite tan discharge occasionally. Not much though.
Goghfish-- I had the TVT also. I have some lower discomfort too but mine isn't as bad as you describe yours. I have taken ibuprofen some for it though. I have been dealing with aches and pains and a swelly belly since after my breast cancer surgery 10-06, so I think I just expect to always feel uncomfortable to a certain extent. I had reconstruction after my mastectomies and they harvested blood vessels and fat from my belly and so have had issues with swelly belly as I said before. It isn't the TRAM procedure but a newer one. I just can't wait to get to the point of not wearing a lite days pad. I can cough and not worry now!!! I still instinctively brace for having a leak though with the cough!!! Ha!!
This board has lots of good info concerning the checkpoints and questions to ask your doctor at the 6 week check. I found other info on exercise, diet etc also. Hope you all check all that out!!!
Well getting late, so better go put the chillow pillow in place. I start with that thing cold at first and I wake in the morning and turn the furnace back up, and jump back under the covers and that thing is like a heating pad by AM!!!! I still wake and throw the covers off and then back on and drink lots of water and pee during the night!!!! ARGH!!!!
Unread 02-28-2008, 01:02 PM
Feeling great

Hi everyone:
I am so happy to let you know that I am walking 25-30 minutes a day and I feel less tired every time, still pulling and a little sore at the end of the day. Doctor gave me one more week off instead of coming back next Monday March 3 I will bwe back March 10 because is two hours a day driving to work and lifting patients...I have not started my treadmill yet or my pilates/yoga I am afraid to sit on the floor crossing my legs and unable to get up he,he...when did you start sitting on the floor? or starting treadmill?...
thanks
wilza

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register