Hysterectomy dates Jan 21-Jan 28,2008 - Page 62 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jan 21-Jan 28,2008 Hysterectomy dates Jan 21-Jan 28,2008

Unread 02-29-2008, 06:15 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jan 21-Jan 28,2008

Hi Everyone!
Post Op 5 weeks today and feeling a little more tired than I did all this past week. Maybe I did more than I should of. Hematoma is slowly going away, can't wait till my stomach isn't all the colors of the rainbow and all the bruising is gone. Still have a swelly belly and hope that goes down more next week, because I go back to work next week.
Haven't had my exam yet, One more week before I go back to the doctor, can't wait! I have so many questions. No bleeding in the past week, so I am happy about that. I started back on the treadmill last week and so far so good, only walking about 2 miles an hour for about 35 to 40 minutes and not using the incline at all, keeping it on level ground for now. But I do feel good after I finish it. Hope all goes well with everyone. take care of yourselves! Lilgumba
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-29-2008, 06:50 AM

I started back to work this week fulltime. Monday and Tuesday felt pretty good. Wednesday and Thursday not so good. By end of the day was totally exhausted, had alot of swelling and pelvic pressure. Felt like I had to urinate all the time but didnt. Very uncomfortable at bedtime and still not sleeping good at all. Six days before my postop check and counting.
Unread 02-29-2008, 07:11 AM

Good Morning Ladies,

Beth I am so sorry that you are all sick. I was the only one to get sick when I was sick on Monday night. I am feeling ok. I go back to the doctor next Wednesday and if all is ok, I will go back 1/2 days on Thursday and Friday and then back full-time on the following Monday. I am excited to get back, but yet I have loved being home. I have worked since I have been 13 so this was a nice break even though I was sick most of it.

I hope everyone has a great weekend and starts to feel better. Has anyone seen Kim or heard from Kim. I only remember seeing one post from her when she first got back.
Have a good day!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-29-2008, 10:42 AM

I had my 6 week follow up(well 5 weeks 2days officially), but all is well! Yay! He said I am a great healer. LOL...
He does want me to track my headaches though. I told him about those. And he thinks they are pms migraines. I can call him next month or so and let him know and he can prescribe something to help me if they continue.
He also approved all "activities" I'm so ready to get back to my normal life! It will be nice to have no bleeding anymore!!
We talked about how I did have some hot flashes/night sweats and he said that was normal because my ovaries are trying to get used to the lack of blood flow to them. I haven't had any lately, so he thinks I'm on track. Happy Friday ladies!!
Unread 02-29-2008, 02:12 PM

Hi all,
I haven't posted in awhile. It's 5 weeks for me today and I really feel all the way back to normal. My energy level is back and I am staying up all day and active. I even started back at the gym, but the walking is slow. I started the first time at only 1.3 m/p/h and now am up to 2. I had my post op on Valentine's Day at only 3 weeks out and she said I was healing really well and could resume normal activities except lifting. I did lift the grand kids this week and that went fine. My hubby and I resumed sex a little over a week ago and other than needing lube, it went fine. Everything works they way it used to, much to my delight and surprise. I see alot of you are still having issues with pain and being tired. I hope that improves for each of you. Try not to get discouraged and just take it one day at a time.
Non topic related........TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY! I AM A LEAP YEAR BABY! It's only the 13th real birthday I have ever had and I am a "Hyster Sister"! In real "people years" I am 52! LOL. Have a good weekend, and for those in the northeast, more snow is on the way!
Noreen
Unread 02-29-2008, 02:37 PM

Noreen- Happy Birthday!

I wish I had better news to report but I have gotten sick and feel miserible! I have a fever of 102, a migraine, totally stuffy head, and can't quit coughing!!!! I didn't get any sleep last night because my head hurt so bad. The Dr. said I am highly contagious. I am so bummed, my kids have a specail activity tomorrow and I won't be there! I am just so ready to feel better!
Unread 02-29-2008, 02:46 PM

Noreen Happy Birthday to you!
We have a gal at work who was to the hospital today for an appt. and they decided to keep her and induce labor. I really hope she has her boy today. I just think it would be so cool.. I hope that your DH was good to you on your birthday. I am surprised that you were allowed to have sex already. I go back to the doctor on Wednesday and am hoping to get cleared, she warned me before the surgery that it could take up to 12 weeks to have sex, so don't be disappointed if I didn't get cleared at 6 weeks.

Tammy I am sorry that you are so sick, you probably had what I had... Only I had vomitting with it. I will say a prayer that you make a speady recovery!
Unread 02-29-2008, 04:12 PM

Happy Birthday Noreen!!! I hope you celebrate in style!
Unread 02-29-2008, 04:22 PM

Hey Tammy
stay at home moms work harder than anyone! especially when home schooling. that is now becoming more of a big movement with all the rottenness in society and in the school system, my hats off to ya.
Stay at it!
Unread 02-29-2008, 05:11 PM

Beth - well that's new way to forget about your hysterectomy but I don't think I'm going to try it. I hope teh entire family and the dog feel better soon. Also Tammy that you feel better as well.

Happy Birthday Noreen - even though it's well into March here. I never knew anyone born on Feb 29th before. With a birthday every four years, you must be the youngest person here!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register