Hysterectomy dates Jan 21-Jan 28,2008 - Page 64 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jan 21-Jan 28,2008 Hysterectomy dates Jan 21-Jan 28,2008

Unread 03-01-2008, 06:06 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jan 21-Jan 28,2008

Hi all,

I really fell bad for those of you who hare having so many problems. I almost hate to post and tell you that I'm doing well here, like I'm bragging or something. I even realized that my muscles are not complaining anymore. Of course I'm not picking up big things yet. I'm even thinking of starting weight lifting again this week.

After my Mom had surgery, for something else, she had troubles with her intestines as well. She could go from constipation to diarrhoea in 1 day and do it all over the next day. It was really hard on her. I started eating a few figs everyday just to make sure to get enough fibre. Also a handful of raisins every day. After watching my Mom I didn't want the same problems. She found it hard to eat much, since she was 78 years old at the time.

There are other fibre helping drinks that taste "better" then others. Check with your pharmacist about ideas that could help as well. The pharmacist at my Mom's drugstore suggested something that really helped. Sorry I can't remember what it was since it was 5 years ago.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-01-2008, 06:11 PM

I personally like fiber one cereal and lots of water. Best of luck.
Unread 03-01-2008, 06:23 PM
severe left arm pain

When I had my surgery 6 weeks ago I woke from anesthesia with severe arm and shoulder pain (they warned me this could happen). Six weeks later the pain is worse and the arm is pretty useless. I have to use the other arm to lift it above my head. The pain gets pretty intense at times. We spent the last couple weeks in Hawaii (my recovery reward) and the pain really put a damper on the trip. My knees also hurt. I've always exercised (was an aerobics teacher for 25 yrs) but can't get back into it because of the pain. Anybody else have this problem? I am on estrogen- don't know if there is a connection. I am going to have to call my dr- this pain is as bad as the pain I was having before surgery (different place of course). Any help or advice would be wonderful.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-01-2008, 07:43 PM

Sandy,
I have battled with the constipation for some time. I now eat Raisin Bran everyday and when I do I go everyday. I can tell if I don' t have my cereal. I also drink lots of water and I do take a stool softener to help it sometimes also.

Has anyone heard from Kim?? It has been almost a week now since she posted. I hope all is well...

Today my DD and I went to Sam's club to get her more contacts(they are really cheap there) We also went to the mall and then she took me for a late lunch/early supper. It was really nice. It is the best that I have felt. I was really tired until I got home. On the way I home, I had a lot of
Va jay jay pain. I think just because I was up and going for 10 hours today. We walked forever it seemed...
It felt so good to be able to get out of the house... No snow today other than fluries and it was actually up in the low 30's...

Have a good night and I hope that everyone has a Blessed Sunday!
Unread 03-02-2008, 12:52 AM

My six week Post Op appt is Tuesday, March 4th. I'm so excited to finally make it to this mark in my recovery. I'm feeling great other than some of the little twinges in the Va'jj area. And it seems it's worse after I've been walking a lot. Last Saturday me and DD went grocery shopping and I didn't think I would make it through shopping because of the Va'jj pain.
I am praying my Dr will tell me it's safe for a hot tub bath. I've missed my hot bath's so much as this is how I normally relax.
Constipation hasn't really been a problem with me as I've continued to take my stool softners and drink my juice. I've wore my jeans a few times. My only problem with jeans is my stomach does still seem a little swollen making my jeans a little tighter than normal and if I'm sitting down I have to undo the button so it doesn't hurt my stomach. It's so nice to be feeling more like myself again.
I'll post again after my six week appt! Good luck to all sisters and i'm continuing to pray for you all. Kim please let us hear from you!! As well as all sisters.
Katrina
Unread 03-02-2008, 07:15 AM

Katrina,
I know what you mean about the jeans. Until we got to lunch I actually had to un-button them. I got the whole Swelly-Belly. Anyway, this is such a wonderful site, I don't know how I would have made it without all of you! It is so nice to hear what other people are going through.

I am going to email Kim and see if she responses.... I just pray everything is ok with her. It will be 1 week tomorrow since she posted!

Have a great day!
Tracy
Unread 03-02-2008, 03:06 PM
oh no...a setback?

I woke up in pain in the middle of the night last night. I couldn't go back to sleep for several hours. My abdomen, lower back were/are hurting! I thought maybe dinner didn't agree, but its not that. I have been feeling crampy since yesterday morning. Today, I felt like the day I came home from the hospital! I took an 800mg motrin and had a bit of a nap, but something's not right. I went to the bathroom(sorry if this is tmi) and huge clot of gunk came out. Stitches? scar tissue? what??? No more laundry for me. LOL...I've been resting today, and the motrin has kicked in, but I just went to the dr. on Friday and he said all was well. He did and internal, so I'm wondering if that is what caused my crampiness etc...???
Unread 03-02-2008, 05:01 PM

I had a similar experience, the second week after my surgery. My doc said it probably was some congealed leftovers from the surgery, tissue and fluid kind of congealed together, and it just passed. She said not to worry at all. However, Nancy, I had no pain associated with it. Are you running a fever? Are you still having pain? Do you have any other discharge? All signs of infection.........and if so, I would call. Did you do anything the day prior to cause the crampiness? Lift anything wrong? Sleep in a wierd position? Try to put the pieces together and if it doesn't fit, call the doc. Your peace of mind is worth it. Good luck Nancy! Keep us posted.
Noreen
Unread 03-02-2008, 06:09 PM

Hi Noreen,
Yes, still in pain. I did a lot of laundry yesterday. I don't recall doing anything major Friday night. I awoke with crampiness on Saturday, like period cramps. I am having pain with urination now, so it may very well be another bladder infection. I'm all out of cranberry juice too! I'll be calling the doc tomorrow if the pain persists. Thanks!
Unread 03-02-2008, 06:13 PM

Nancy,
That stinks. I hope in the morning you will feel a lot better.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register