Hysterectomy dates Jan 21-Jan 28,2008 - Page 7 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jan 21-Jan 28,2008 Hysterectomy dates Jan 21-Jan 28,2008

Unread 01-28-2008, 05:26 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jan 21-Jan 28,2008

Hi I had a LVH with removal of 1 ovary on the 22. Feeling better but every time I eat I get massive gas pain and hunch over. Any suggestions? Also been really weepy. My 4 children are in good hands with their dad being the main helper. Hope we all get better soon!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-28-2008, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maume3
6 days out- Feeling horrible. I think I have a bladder infection because it now hurts to pee...it didnt before except the tummy pressure/pain.
I really wish the bad dreams and broken sleep would stop, along with the leg pain and feeling like Im being poked with a knife in my hip. You all a week or close to it out still having bright red bleeding when you wipe? Kim
Kim, you poor dear. I've been rotating sides 'cause otherwise it really starts to ache. I was doing better with gas and pain and now with 1st BM and more on the way, I feel like crap. I guess I may renew the pain meds. My legs are starting to hurt but I'm wondering if it all boils down to the problems with my bowels.

My spotting is light, light pink, clear. No real blood.

Have you talked to your doctor about it? Snding up a prayer for you.
Unread 01-28-2008, 07:22 PM

Hi all

Well the op is over and I am now at mums recovering from a surgery that began with a lot of tears and ended with a lot of pain.

Arrived at hospital on the 23rd at 9.30 am was prepared for surgery and was taken down at 11 am. This is where the tears started - i really don't know why I was crying but when ever anyone spoke to me I just burst into tears. The aneasethetist asked if i would like some relaxing medicine before going in and I accepted - this is the last thing I remember!!

I awoke in extreme pain with the nurses telling me to relax, and telling me I was making the pain worse. Morphine pump was attached but as far as I was concerend it was not working. I had a delayed stay in recovery because I was unable to control my pain and liken it to being in full stage labour - I breathed my way through most of it.

I was taken to my room - where I was taken care of and finally started to feel some relief although kept feeling like I needed to wee - even though the catherter was in place. I had a couple of hours peace - nodding off with hubby by myside. After this the issues started - i started having sever hot flushes, I itched uncontrollably and was dehydrating. I was apparently having a reaction to the morphine pump. This was again settled and I made it through the night.

The following morning - the not so nice arrived - removed my cathetar, my iv, my morphine and asked if I was going home that day!!! I said NO!!! I deterioated from here and later in the day it was decided that I should still be on the drip and that i was dehydrated, needed ore then panadol for pain relief and was not doing okay.

Thankfully the change of nursing staff arrived and I was given the iv fluids at a rapid rate, given a shot of morphine and was made comfortable again. Things improved from here although the wind and the bowel movememnt needed to leave the hospital were not real good. After an enema I lied and said I had a bowel movement so I could leave.

The bm arrived the next day with a further enema.

It is now the 29th and I am doing better - still quite sore at the wound site, a bit slow on the feet and need the pain meds every four hours but am doing okay and I can see the end of all of this pain.

I was found to have enlarged uterus, fibroids, severe adhesions on my bladder and polycystic ovaries - I kept the ovaries.

This site has been invaluable to me before and now after my op and I would like to thank everyone for there advice.

One thing I hadn't planned on was the pain after surgery, due the the decreased level of pain after 2 c-sections. However, I forgot that these c-sections also had spinal blocks something I did not have with this procedure.

Take care everyone and I look forward to catching up with everyone again soon.

xxshelbyxx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-28-2008, 08:35 PM

Mine was on the 22nd - doc said I was one of the fastest to get out of bed (within 6 hours after operation).

I hated the catheter - hated not being able to sleep - and had panic attacks.

But other than that - it looks like I'm gonna be ok.

And I still have feeling in my clitoral area - which is something I was terrified of losing

When my head gets clearer from all the meds - I'll come back and chat more.

WW
Unread 01-28-2008, 08:39 PM
doing well! :)

My pain still fluctuates between a 3 and a 5, not too bad. Started having some intense spasms under the incision where he took out my appendix. That never hurt til now, but not too bad either. I really believe that all the yogurt and granola/dried cranberries I'm eating are really helping the bowel movements!

I thought it would be gross, had never had plain yogurt before, but the fruit preserves I put in it, with the granola make it a wonderful treat that is also keeping me regular. I think I may try to go down the stairs tomorrow and walk to the mail box. I am so glad I finally had this surgery and wish I'd done it sooner. I feel so much happier and not weighed down anymore.
Unread 01-28-2008, 08:41 PM

Have you ever taken over the counter Phayzyme for gas? That has been helping me...maybe also sip on a club soda with added bitters. It adds to the gas, but only for a minute, then you really burp a lot more out! Feel better!
Unread 01-28-2008, 08:46 PM

Sandy and Allie,
Thanks for responding. I have very little gas now and I did think it was gas at first but it is just with urination so I am pretty sure its that. I left a message about this and the blood so should hear something soon.
and leg pain..yep its bad..someone else said its from attaching things to the ligament to avoid prolapses. I just want to feel better. Ive stayed in bed except a couple walks to the kitchen and the numerous walks to the bathroom. Im thinking of sleeping on the couch and see if its just that I have to walk up and down these steps. (I have 2 steps into my bed cause its so tall.) Took temp and its 102 so its either a bladder issue or Im coming down with something.
Unread 01-28-2008, 09:05 PM

I am doing some better now. I am having a sore throat and fever so I went to the Dr. today. They said it is probably a sinus infection so I am starting an antibotic. They said the pain meds are probably making me constapated but they don't seem worried yet. They said I should have a bm soon. I hope so!!! The med for the infection should give me diarea, I hope so again!!! I still haven't been eating very much so I think that may also be why it is taking me a while to get moving. I feel a little better each day, every morning my son says you look like you feel better and that seems to help him, he is a very tender hearted kid and started worring about me a day before my surgery. Here's hoping we all keep on getting better each day!
Unread 01-28-2008, 09:10 PM

My recovery is going better than expected. I had a LAVH and what was remaining of my ovaries removed. The bowel prep the night before still gives me nightmares. The surgery found that I had endometriosis all over the bowel and bladder. The uterus was so large that they had to cut it in two just to get it out. The pain isn't as bad as I thought it would be.
the only complication was 2 blood transfusions for the severe bleeding two weeks before the surgery. I am 4 days out and I am bored. I don't feel like doing anything but I am sick of watching television. I have alot of support and I just want to get back to normal. I have really bad hot flashes but started taking a small dose of estrogen. If it wasn't for this website before surgery and after I don't know what I would do. I avoided this surgery for a year but I am glad I did wait because it had to get bad before I would sign up for something like this. I just hate the waiting for feeling normal again. I know that I will feel better I just want it to be today. Having a bm today felt like giving birth all over again. If I didn't bust a stitch from that experience I don't think I am going to.
Best of luck to everyone and if anyone else is bored too, please let me know or any great techniques to get rid of boredom.

Julie---everything now gone from enometriosis on Jan 23rd.
Unread 01-28-2008, 10:04 PM

Hi
I went in on the 22nd. If it weren't for the strained muscle on my left ribs, I'd be great. No pain. BM's coming back to normal. I am very tired though. I can nap and still go to bed at normal time. I hope this recovery period continues to be uneventful. I am REALLY looking forward to getting outta the house. I am bored. I guess that's a good sign. If I felt bad, I would want to stay in bed.
I hope my other sisters have easy recoveries!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register